bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: State of the world  (Read 12160 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
State of the world
« on: December 12, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

How does everyone feel about the world right now?

Are we like the oceans tides swelling and crashing and then receding? This year has been like the water’s swelling and crashing, again and again seemingly bigger each time. Just wondering if you feel that it will soon die down and recede or if it’s to get much more rough before it gets better?

What do the saints see.. are storm clouds gathering still? Or is the light soon to break through?

At the beginning of this year some posted warnings of what they were seeing.. ‘storm clouds on the horizon’ if you will, and I wasn’t so sure.. but you were so right.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:41:22 PM by Rene »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

Re: State of the world
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »

Luke 12:51

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
54 ¶ And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.
55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.
56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 06:15:36 PM »

Hi Lereli,

I think that this parable has applied at various times throughout history for Jews or Christians in many nations.
It was addressed to Israelites by Jesus during his ministry and they were aware of the conflict in beliefs among their own people. So it is a caution for God's people to be mindful of living righteously in all circumstances and to put their trust in God and not in their own strength.
bob

Porter

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 12:54:33 AM »

I've always felt as though the world is as sinful now as they were in Noah's day. Only difference from then and now is there are a lot more people. I think the only thing that has gotten "worse and worse" spiritually, is the Church.

The parable in Luke is in the same vein as "many are called, but few chosen" from among the Church or House of God.

2Ti 2:20  Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver bowls, but also those of wood and earthenware, some for special use, some for ordinary.
2Ti 2:21  So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Purification only happens through and by judgment. The time (mentioned in Luke) Jesus is referring to is the time of Judgment for His Elect; from the whole House of God.
1Pe 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin with God's household (the whole Church of God ); and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

People will always find ways to hate, hurt and kill one another. Just as they have done for thousands of years. I think anyone can see and hear the ocean raging, but not everyone can see and hear Jesus knocking at the door.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:57:42 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Learner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 08:31:50 AM »

With covid-19 and the effects of lockdown there is an undercurrent of frustration building up towards the xmas period. It may burst out and the effects could be collossal,the UK is facing Brexit on top of it all.We as a couple have been offered the new covid vaccine for the over 80s,it is with some soulsearching we have said OK as we are  to obey those who rule over us? The raging waves are ready to go society is in a spirit of disobedience from lots of angles,we await with trepidation!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:26:04 AM by Learner »

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 07:36:47 PM »

Hello Learner,

Regarding obeying those in authority and not wanting to take inoculations.
In our past with four children we were challenged by this situation.
We handled it with a clear conscience in the same manner as we would have had there not been enough to protect everyone.
If there is not enough vaccine for all, we pray to God to intervene in our behalf anyway.
=
If vaccine is mandated even though we are afraid to take it because it is not yet perfected, then we pray to our God to protect us from any bad effects. God is with us in either circumstances, IF we put our trust in God and not ourselves.

God does not desire sacrifice but rather obedience and a forgiving heart.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:03:58 PM »

Lots of surprises are coming shortly, beginning here in Michigan.

There's a reasonable chance Big Tech will institute a blackout within days/weeks.

We are living in biblical times.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »

There's a reasonable chance Big Tech will institute a blackout within days/weeks.

Hi Awesome,

You make a valid point, but if a blackout should occur then we will need to focus on reading scripture all the more and relying on God's spirit to continue to lead us to better understand what Ray Smith has shared with us.

Every new challenge is designed to open our eyes in a better way.

Indiana Bob

lareli

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »

Hi Awesome,

You make a valid point, but if a blackout should occur then we will need to focus on reading scripture all the more and relying on God's spirit to continue to lead us to better understand what Ray Smith has shared with us.

Every new challenge is designed to open our eyes in a better way.

Indiana Bob

Amen to that Bob.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 02:05:37 AM »

With covid-19 and the effects of lockdown there is an undercurrent of frustration building up towards the xmas period. It may burst out and the effects could be collossal,the UK is facing Brexit on top of it all.We as a couple have been offered the new covid vaccine for the over 80s,it is with some soulsearching we have said OK as we are  to obey those who rule over us? The raging waves are ready to go society is in a spirit of disobedience from lots of angles,we await with trepidation!

There's no reason to take a vaccine for a virus that has never been isolated and proven to exist (per the CDC's own words). Even if the virus is real, the mortality rate is something like 0.04% or so.. which is extremely low. If you research what's in these vaccines, especially the mRNA vaccines (DNA altering), the risks are extremely high.. I would advise against it. But to each their own.

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 02:36:51 AM »

Fair point Shawn.
plus it won't affect your salvation one way or the other.

Joel

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 03:00:52 PM »

People are dying from something.
I have several relatives that work in hospitals dealing with these people, and I'm sure they aren't making up stories about this problem.
A close neighbor's family, Father, Mother, son and daughter all had it, and the 50 year old mom died a couple weeks ago.

My brother-in-laws brother passed away last week, he was 64 and was very athletic.

Joel

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »

Even if the virus is real, the mortality rate is something like 0.04% or so.. which is extremely low.

COVID-19, the virus, is REAL.  Unfortunately, it will take the death of a love one before some people will take it seriously.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 09:40:17 PM »

Even if the virus is real, the mortality rate is something like 0.04% or so.. which is extremely low.

COVID-19, the virus, is REAL.  Unfortunately, it will take the death of a love one before some people will take it seriously.

Negative. It has never been isolated and proven to exist. If there's no isolate, there can be no accurate testing. It also has not passed even ONE of the 4 Koch's postulates criteria.

So it begs the question.. what exactly are the PCR tests testing for? They are testing for ANY strain of the coronavirus family. The most common is the cold virus, which literally everyone has had.

So no doubt, people are testing 'positive'. But it's a false positive, as it's not following the true scientific method.

The media in the US can propagandize the public after the repeal of the Smith-Mundt act. So they can 'legally' lie to the public about the COVID-19 deaths and not be held accountable.. But how about the rest of the world? How can they be deceived?

Well it's a good question. But who is the 'Father of lies'? Satan is (John 8:44), and we're living in his kingdom.

The whole world is under a strong delusion right now.. one of many.

Yes, people are dying. They do every day. Could there be some virus causing it? Sure. But let's be diligent in seeking out the truth in these things so that we're not deceived. The irrational fear has probably caused more deaths/damage in the long run than any virus could've done.

God bless
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 09:45:51 PM by Shawn from Georgia »

lareli

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 09:53:21 PM »

Ok. Real or not. Let’s not have a thread about that. It will get shut down as this is an issue that is dividing everyone like other issues right now. Do you guys see things getting better and less turbulent in the world over the coming months? Or do you feel things will get more turbulent and people more divided?

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 09:58:36 PM »

Ok. Real or not. Let’s not have a thread about that. It will get shut down as this is an issue that is dividing everyone like other issues right now. Do you guys see things getting better and less turbulent in the world over the coming months? Or do you feel things will get more turbulent and people more divided?

It will get more divided.

I believe we're being separated right now. Sheep and goats. The sheep love the Truth, and will follow the good shepherd. The goats will not.

Hard times are ahead, especially in the US, i'm afraid. But God's will be done.

indianabob

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

Friend Shawn,

I believe that your reference to sheep and goats is from a parable in Matt 25:31 which does not occur until after the return of Lord Jesus and the final judgment. What we see happening now has been happening since Lord Jesus ascended although it seems more intense during these last days, especially since we have world wide communication.
see also Matt 13:49, 2Cor 5:10
Indiana Bob

nshan

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 08:46:12 PM »

Friend Shawn,

I believe that your reference to sheep and goats is from a parable in Matt 25:31 which does not occur until after the return of Lord Jesus and the final judgment. What we see happening now has been happening since Lord Jesus ascended although it seems more intense during these last days, especially since we have world wide communication.
see also Matt 13:49, 2Cor 5:10
Indiana Bob

Hey Bob, I think the sheep and goats thing is a very common theme not limited to just this parable - it's happening now:

Joh 10:16  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 

Joh 10:22  And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 
Joh 10:23  And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 
Joh 10:24  Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 
Joh 10:25  Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 
Joh 10:26  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 

If they aren't sheep then they're either the other sheep God is bringing into his fold or goats
Psalm 17:8 - Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 27:13-14; Psalm 34:18-19;
Psalm 17:15 - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2020, 04:50:38 AM »

Many people have died from COVID but the numbers seem to be inflated.

One reason is the hospitals get paid a LOT of money for each COVID admittance or death. A lot of temptation.

Also, earlier this month, HHS announced a second round of federal relief for hospitals in high impact areas, totaling $10 billion.

Of that second-round money, HHS reported 63 California hospitals received $50,000 for each eligible coronavirus patient they admitted between Jan. 1 and June 10, 2020. That's a combined total of more than $607 million.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/verify/verify-do-hospitals-get-more-funding-by-marking-deaths-covid-19-related/103-36834bad-1113-4f67-8804-5d97e6593745

And

https://youtu.be/5ZEpdy_MbhY

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:07:51 AM by Dennis Vogel »

ZekeSr

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »

I just saw a broadcast asserting that no less than 50% of all adults are suffering from anxiety disorders due to the lockdowns, social distancing, masks, and the endless negative media hype. I’m not trying to imply that I know the best way to handle the situation, but the collateral damage is mounting. Undiagnosed and untreated diseases, lost incomes and businesses, collapsing economies … and now, monetary hyperinflation is on the horizon. Fudging the statistics for financial gain does not help. It contributes to all of the above. Those in the medical business should know better. Unfortunately, it is a business that, on a certain level, does not necessarily have the best interest of the people in mind. Very soon, our society is going reach the point of “The operation was a success, but the patient died.” 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.