> Off Topic Discussions

Mockingbird Media

<< < (2/2)

arion:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on March 31, 2021, 07:04:04 PM ---I've watched this for about 25 years. I still have a 10' satellite dish (but have not used it in years because of the Internet) and I would see subscription news services broadcast these talking points from satellites to local broadcast news around the US.

--- End quote ---

A few years ago I installed a brand new C-band dish and would never go back to subscription TV.  I don't know the last time you fired up your dish but all the analog stuff is gone and it's all digital and there are a lot of good things available across the arc.  I also have a motorized KU band dish of 4' size and have watched a lot of uplinks over the years from on scene reporters back to the network and have seen and heard things that have never made it to broadcast.  It's amazing what some notable personalities say when they think that only the people in the network control room are watching.

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: Arion on April 03, 2021, 08:17:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on March 31, 2021, 07:04:04 PM ---I've watched this for about 25 years. I still have a 10' satellite dish (but have not used it in years because of the Internet) and I would see subscription news services broadcast these talking points from satellites to local broadcast news around the US.

--- End quote ---

A few years ago I installed a brand new C-band dish and would never go back to subscription TV.  I don't know the last time you fired up your dish but all the analog stuff is gone and it's all digital and there are a lot of good things available across the arc.  I also have a motorized KU band dish of 4' size and have watched a lot of uplinks over the years from on scene reporters back to the network and have seen and heard things that have never made it to broadcast.  It's amazing what some notable personalities say when they think that only the people in the network control room are watching.

--- End quote ---

My dish has C and Ku but I'm sure the alignment has been ruined by hurricane near misses over the years. I started to lose interest when they scrambled all the digital Canadian feeds.

I especially remember a Miss America live feed where in the commercials the off-stage talking heads would critic all the young ladies and the on-stage talent.

arion:
The CTV mux on 107 west has always been free to air no encryption.  It's 4020 V Sr 30000

https://www.tvrosat.com/cgi-bin/charts.cgi?button=Search%20Channels&channel_band=All&channel_encryption=All&satellite_location=107.3:Anik%20F1R/Anik%20G1

You can get a digital receiver for about $100 on up now and use the old analog tuner as a mover.

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: Arion on April 03, 2021, 02:15:34 PM ---The CTV mux on 107 west has always been free to air no encryption.  It's 4020 V Sr 30000

https://www.tvrosat.com/cgi-bin/charts.cgi?button=Search%20Channels&channel_band=All&channel_encryption=All&satellite_location=107.3:Anik%20F1R/Anik%20G1

You can get a digital receiver for about $100 on up now and use the old analog tuner as a mover.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I have digital receiver and I may see if it still works. I'd say it's been off at least 10 years. But I have two new actuator arms in my closet.

My real problem is my dish is on a 14' pole attached to the house. I needed to get that high because of all the trees around my house. But I'm no longer willing to get up on the roof to re-align the dish. I'll be 78 in a few months.

zander:
It's interesting when one states that Reuters has "competitors". They do have competition in the sense of advertising revenue but in reality, mainstream agencies just broadly say the same thing.  They are a monolithic entity of monotonous rubbish.

I will always remember when Ray once wrote something along the likes of:

It is stronger to deceive people when you mix truth with lies.  And that is what they do.  Half truths, lies, assumptions and omissions = deception.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version