bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Names?  (Read 11221 times)

Layla

Re: Names?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 07:12:55 PM »

Hi Bobby

Christ in Revelation tells us we will have a new name! I feel as though since coming to the truth of God by His will that I now have a new name.
Can any of you shed some light on this?

I believe that name means nature.  When we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, we must pray in the nature of Jesus Christ, otherwise we are no better than those who Jesus says did wonderful works in His Name, and yet....He never knew them!  I believe the overcomers will receive a new name and that new name is the nature of Jesus Christ.  We see our natures changing now as we submit ourselves to His authority, but when the fullness of the Spirit of Christ is given, we shall truly have a new name (nature)!

My 2 cents!
Peace,
Layla

orion77

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 09:16:35 PM »

Hi Bobby

Christ in Revelation tells us we will have a new name! I feel as though since coming to the truth of God by His will that I now have a new name.
Can any of you shed some light on this?

I believe that name means nature.  When we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, we must pray in the nature of Jesus Christ, otherwise we are no better than those who Jesus says did wonderful works in His Name, and yet....He never knew them!  I believe the overcomers will receive a new name and that new name is the nature of Jesus Christ.  We see our natures changing now as we submit ourselves to His authority, but when the fullness of the Spirit of Christ is given, we shall truly have a new name (nature)!

My 2 cents!
Peace,
Layla

Good point, Christ in us, a new name, new creation, new life.  His name, His life, Him being in us, and the fruit of His Spirit in us, is loving God, neighbor, and forgiving our enemies.  Lambs book of Life is the Christ, the tree of Life is the Christ, and many, many things all point to Him.

Our righteous works are as dirty rags to God, but accepted with Christ in us.  He is the Light, the Way, and the Truth.  To truly follow Him while in this world, is nothing like being like the majority, but separated and hated by the majority.  As He was, so shall we, when we grow past knowing Christ crucified, but being crucified with Christ.

He comes in Spirit and power and makes His abode in us, to help and comfort us, with a joy unspeakable, that the world can never take from us, even though they try so hard. 

I know there are many others who have experiences given by the Lord, that are private between Him and us.  The type of things that literally there are no words that can describe, it is private.  An example of things that are private between the groom and the virgin bride, His true people.  He testifies to our spirit of things that the world cannot accept. 

God bless,

Gary

Sorin

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 01:36:17 AM »

I once said: "I'm anti-christian but not anti-Christ". They would usually give you a face like ???

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  That's a good one!  Did anyone dare ask?

mongoose

Thanks! And nope.   ;D

keesha.b

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »

I like the name "Jesus Freak"!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.