bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exposing the false doctrine of eternal Hell  (Read 4394 times)

Shawn Fainn

Exposing the false doctrine of eternal Hell
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »

I first learned about this subject i think back in 2008 or so.. and i remember trying hard to tell others about it to no avail, for the longest time.

Over the years i'd casually interject the truth about God's greater plan for all mankind when given the chance.. but it just seemed like it never went anywhere.

Until recently.. i've started to notice more and more people starting to come out of this false teaching.

Maybe it's me, but has anyone else noticed this lately?

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Exposing the false doctrine of eternal Hell
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 02:44:01 AM »

Not yet , but I would surely welcome it .  It astounds me how people love the idea of God sending their neighbors to suffer in a hell hole for all eternity . I told one woman that she thought God was a crazy person !  I usually am not that blunt !  She didn’t think much of my beliefs .

Doug

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »

My former boss was very much into his church and believes. Made the mistake on a business trip to say believed all would be saved. He had a melt down and became angry. Hard to understand how supposedly Christians have such a desire to see others suffer with no end. Little bit morbid.

My sisters grandchild is be brought up in atheist believes. She is fearful of her going to hell. I tried to give her a few verses and explain how could she believe God would be cruel beyond imagination. Because I am not a pastor she is not really listening. Ray was correct in describing the pain this teaching causes.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 11:59:53 PM »

I've had a mix of similar reactions.. from people acting as if i was crazy to others getting really heated/defensive about it.

Lately it seems like i keep running into more and more people talking about it though.. one lady, Dr Lorraine Day, has been preaching that God will save all.. and at times it's uncanny how much she reminds me of Ray (like a female version of him). I kept thinking.. "well, she may believe this but not this.." then she'd talk about that exact same issue almost echoing verbatim how Ray would phrase things. But she's not alone, there have been others i've noticed.

I've followed comment sections, etc and tried to help answer questions people had.. or to re-direct them back to the BT website to get more answers. Overall, i'm really encouraged by how people are responding. It definitely wasn't like this 10+ years ago, at least from my perspective.

Anyway, i'm just excited and happy to see God's hand moving in people.. so thought i'd share some good news.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »

I too have heard some ministers and  "christian" authors, speakers etc. on talk shows being interviewed saying some of the things Ray Smith taught 10 years or more ago; but who would believe Ray Smith  :-\ ?  Can't help but wonder if these people have been reading Ray's materials!! but make it seem like their revelations.  I even mentioned it to my mother when watching a tv pastor that she likes preaching, and said this pastor confirms what I have been telling you what Ray Smith taught about that particular statement.

Wish I could remember some of those things (ST memory...lol) but thank God more truth is being exposed. :D

Diane

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 02:34:29 PM »

I too have heard some ministers and  "christian" authors, speakers etc. on talk shows being interviewed saying some of the things Ray Smith taught 10 years or more ago; but who would believe Ray Smith  :-\ ?  Can't help but wonder if these people have been reading Ray's materials!! but make it seem like their revelations.  I even mentioned it to my mother when watching a tv pastor that she likes preaching, and said this pastor confirms what I have been telling you what Ray Smith taught about that particular statement.

Wish I could remember some of those things (ST memory...lol) but thank God more truth is being exposed. :D

Diane

I thought the same thing.. I thought surely they were someone that had read Ray's teachings. I asked one of them if they had heard of him though, but they said they hadn't.. so i found that interesting. Especially since they sounded very similar to Ray, not just in the teaching but the delivery, the way they phrased things, etc. I haven't heard a "pray tell" yet though.. lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:37:52 PM by Shawn from Georgia »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »

For the first six or seven years advertising on Google did not cost nearly as much as it does now and we would get a lot of traffic for relatively little money. ALL the TV preachers knew us and disliked us a lot.

Beginning around 2004 I was a software contractor for a man I helped get started in business. He turned into an uber Christian and got to know some of these TV preachers quite well because he donated large amounts of money to them. But he was between the rock and a hard-place. He was grateful for my help and really needed it but he was also very aware of Bible-Truths. He once told me his main guy Kennith Copeland was very unhappy with us.

So any preacher that's been around more than 15 years most likely knows what Ray taught.

But in the beginning we were the only ones advertising. Tent-Maker, Concordant Publishing and a few others were on the Internet but very few went to their sites.

Also, in the beginning there were people copying Ray's writings, some word for word. I know because I caught several of them and asked them to simply give BT credit. But in poor countries like Africa I just let it slide because at least the truth was being preached.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 11:35:59 PM »

For the first six or seven years advertising on Google did not cost nearly as much as it does now and we would get a lot of traffic for relatively little money. ALL the TV preachers knew us and disliked us a lot.

Beginning around 2004 I was a software contractor for a man I helped get started in business. He turned into an uber Christian and got to know some of these TV preachers quite well because he donated large amounts of money to them. But he was between the rock and a hard-place. He was grateful for my help and really needed it but he was also very aware of Bible-Truths. He once told me his main guy Kennith Copeland was very unhappy with us.

So any preacher that's been around more than 15 years most likely knows what Ray taught.

But in the beginning we were the only ones advertising. Tent-Maker, Concordant Publishing and a few others were on the Internet but very few went to their sites.

Also, in the beginning there were people copying Ray's writings, some word for word. I know because I caught several of them and asked them to simply give BT credit. But in poor countries like Africa I just let it slide because at least the truth was being preached.

Speaking of Kenneth Copeland.. I've heard some very sinister testimonies when it comes to that man. Even if none of them were true, just taking him at face value, i'm not surprised to hear that he (and others like him) were very unhappy with Ray's teachings. Especially when it comes to his paper on tithes..

Regarding money and advertising, i hope you're still doing ok as far as the upkeep for BT, etc. I'd encourage anyone reading this to help, if they feel led to. Patreon has been a useful tool to donate.

https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=28467987
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 11:38:50 PM by Shawn from Georgia »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.