bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The World Can Offer No Peace  (Read 3790 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
The World Can Offer No Peace
« on: April 18, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »

Posts theorizing things going on in our country,  made me think about the god of this world and his greatest weapon, deception. Deception can and does cause great fear, stress, anxiety and chaos. It pulls us in a direction away from God's spirit which is Satan's intent. Pretty much all we see from news sources is a deception, so how can we theorize or even give it any importance?

There is no truth or light to be found in the majority of it, and serves no purpose in our walk with God. Jesus tells us he his the truth, the light and the way to life.  He also says, he leaves us with his peace.

John 14:27, ESV: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

The world on every front will offer us nothing but lies, fear and chaos. It will deceave us into believing every conceivable lie, even about God's own word. I'm inclined to believe if we could actually see behind the curtain we would all be shocked by how much of our reality is a lie.

I'm often reminded of how from the beginning,  God created order out of chaos. His very word brings order into the light. Who among us does not crave the peace order brings?  The peace Jesus left us with can only be experienced if we turn away from what the world offers us as truth.

I think we are all guilty of turning to the lies at some point,  in Hope's of bringing some order or measure of truth, out of the chaos that resembles pure insanity.  I also believe God uses those lies as an experience to lead us back to his spirit, when we drift to far away. Personally, I have been far more appreciative after having had such an experience. Nothing and no one can be,  or offer any of us what our Lord and Savior can, because he has always been trust worthy and consistant.

Revelation 1:8 ESV

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

I find much peace in knowing this, no matter what's going on around me. Being closer with God in spirit allows us to see him working to bring order out of what would normally cause us much fear and uncertainty. And I thank him every day for giving me this blessing of insight, that affords me the peace and calm to indure.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wendy

Re: The World Can Offer No Peace
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 05:49:58 AM »

I totally agree with you about the news.
.  I don't watch it anymore. It is best to rely on the Lord in everything hes always the same and never changes praise God for all he has done ..I have come along way from where I was praise God my life is so much better since He changed it .                     God bless all,
                                            Wendy

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 11:13:58 AM »

Friend Wanda,
Good morning and thank you for the helpful and inspiring words from your heart.
Putting our trust in God and His Christ is the better path to follow.
Great to hear from you again.  :)
Indiana Bob

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »

Our answer to what is going on in or with the world is very simple and yet hard for some to accept.  Our answer is this;  'His sheep hear his voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.'

Right there we can discern the spirit of error from the spirit of truth.  If we are his and hearing his voice all this other stuff going on is only fluff.  What need have we of a pastor, priest, teacher, self appointed prophet, those giving dreams and visions trying to get people to follow them, etc?

The other part of the equation for me when I don't understand all of the nuts and bolts of why this or that is happening and to what end is simply to remind myself [sometimes several times a day] that God has everything under control, it's going the exact way he wants it to go and if there was a better way for him to accomplish his will in the earth then he would do it that way.

It is enough.

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 11:36:46 PM »

Friend Wanda,
Good morning and thank you for the helpful and inspiring words from your heart.
Putting our trust in God and His Christ is the better path to follow.
Great to hear from you again.  :)
Indiana Bob

Hi Bob,

It has been awhile since I've posted.  At 92 my mom needs much more attention and care than she once did. Often our days and nights are mixed up as well. As time allows I'm still here lurking,  reading Ray's teachings and other great material on the forum.

My post wasn't something spiratually profound, but a simple truth that we've all experienced at one time or another.  My nephew is consumed with many of these conspiracies going around the internet right now. He like many others are looking for answers that would help make sense out of things that make no sense. I've  learned he has a completely plausible answer for everything that doesn't actually come to fruition. Maybe God will use it all to benefit him in a meaningful way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:47:23 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 12:40:06 AM »

Our answer to what is going on in or with the world is very simple and yet hard for some to accept.  Our answer is this;  'His sheep hear his voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.'

Right there we can discern the spirit of error from the spirit of truth.  If we are his and hearing his voice all this other stuff going on is only fluff.  What need have we of a pastor, priest, teacher, self appointed prophet, those giving dreams and visions trying to get people to follow them, etc?

The other part of the equation for me when I don't understand all of the nuts and bolts of why this or that is happening and to what end is simply to remind myself [sometimes several times a day] that God has everything under control, it's going the exact way he wants it to go and if there was a better way for him to accomplish his will in the earth then he would do it that way.

It is enough.

Thanks Arion,
The reminder that  if there had been a better way for God to accomplish his will then he would have done it that way, resonates with me as a parent.

These we know to be true, and when we don't adhere to this wisdom we become distracted from anything that is spiratually beneficial.

Proverbs 3:5 ESV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Jeremiah 17:5-9 ESV

Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

This is where I find truthfull answers. Without him these great  and hidden things would not be obtainable. I remember Ray saying, you think this book was meant to be understood by everyone? No it was not. I was confused and even disheartened by that for a short time, until I realized why he said it.

Jeremiah 33:3 ESV

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:44:44 AM by Wanda »

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 01:51:22 PM »

Thanks Wanda,
Yes, God has a plan for all of mankind, but each in their own order or time.
God has revealed parts of His plan over the centuries according to His will.

Many have sought to understand God's plan before God intended them to know.
Even the 12 apostles did not understand much or what Jesus told them until Jesus
explained it to them after his resurrection when the HS came to them at Pentecost.
=
Act 2:1  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 
Act 2:2  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 
Act 2:3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 
Act 2:4  And they were all filled with the holy spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
=

It is God's personal pleasure to call some ahead of time and to specially bless them with truth.
That is the prerogative of a Father, a parent, a provider.
There are many illustrations of a parent favoring the first born in preparing them to serve those born later.
It is not a slight for God to keep the truth from the many while enlightening the few for special responsibilities.
=
Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
=
1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

John 14:26
But the comforter, which is the holy spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, it shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26
But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, it shall testify of me:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.