bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving  (Read 4467 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Moving
« on: April 25, 2021, 02:51:22 AM »

My husband and I are selling our house ( closing in two weeks ) and moving to Texas to be closer to our younger daughter and her family. This is a big step for us but we just feel like this is what we should do.  At this time in our lives we’d like to be closer to family and we’d like to move before age makes it even harder.
The prayer request is in finding a new home on the other end.  We can afford much of what is offered where we’ll be, but it’s still a hard decision and there is not a lot available.  I’d appreciate your prayers for a good safe place to us to settle, where family will feel comfortable visiting, and where my husband is content.  And that I would make it through this process without too many tears or regret that we’ve leaving our friends and the life we’ve known.
Thank you all .

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:13:07 PM »

God Bless you and your family Octoberose. You are always exactly
where God places you.

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wendy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:43:06 AM »

Octoberose,
Hope all goes well with you on your move .I pray God will guide you in making on the right choices you are looking for .God bless all.   Wendy

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 01:00:48 AM »

Hope it all goes well, change is not easy and you are not alone in that.

Rhys
🤫

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03:21:55 AM »

Thank you for the prayers . It looks like we’re getting more in our house than I imagined !
I’m a little nervous about weather we need this particular house but I decided that if God worked it out for us and my husband was happy , I would accept it . Now I have 5 weeks to finish getting our current home packed up .  I’m glad we’re not any older than we are because this is a lot of work !
   Endings are bitter sweet, but I learned a long time ago that if I don’t miss a place we’ve lived and the people there then it means nobody loved me and I didn’t love anyone - so grieving life’s transitions isn’t a bad thing . It’s better to love and to give of yourself even when the goodbyes are painful  . I thought I’d encourage anyone going through the same thing . 
I’d appreciate you’re continued prayers . ❤️

loveroftruth

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 01:32:20 PM »

Hello sister. which city r u moving to? I live in Lubbock, TX,,, u may email me if u want to keep it private?
Susan (Lover of truth)

Our mission in life is to learn how to love everyone. :)

Tim Krantz

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 05:57:22 PM »

Best of luck and Gods blessing on your move!

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 03:37:58 AM »

Wichita Falls TX !  It is quite the change from where I live now but it has its own kind of beauty .

Joel

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 12:39:42 AM »

I hope you find as much peace as possible these days in your new home.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 09:15:51 PM »

Wichita Falls TX !  It is quite the change from where I live now but it has its own kind of beauty .

Hi Octoberose,

From the internet map Wichita Falls seems like a nice size town at 100,000 and spacious with reasonable cost of living.
I hope that you are able to find new friends and adapt and even visit the littlest skyscraper in Town.
The city is famous for that odd building and its history.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Indiana Bob

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 10:49:57 PM »

That odd building is a hoot ! For those who don’t know someone thought they were building a skyscraper  (1919 ) and it was built at 480 inches instead of 480 feet  / .  They didn’t live in TX so got swindled !
   So this happened - our sellers are trying to back out of the sale because they don’t like our inspector . ( he did trespass and went outside without calling her first ) .  In the meantime my Eye is twitching and I feel kind of unwell . Please pray the Lord will grace me with more years . I’d really appreciate that .  I don’t know if this is stress ( though I am remarkably calm ) or a bad diet for the past few  weeks or what . 🤨

octoberose

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 01:40:24 AM »

Well, it’s been almost two months and we moved into our new house today.  The seller of the first house we were going to buy did back out, and we ended up with a home from people that my daughter knew and they Waited till we moved to town before they put it on the market so we could have first refusal ! Talk about a totally different experience then the first house - so we are very grateful.
  I would appreciate prayer- I don’t have any plans here except to be part of my daughters life with the grandchildren  but I need to meet people and do things.  My husband works from home so that doesn’t help. And  I want to accomplish some things and reach some goals  and be useful.
  I’m hoping this  is our last move and we’ll be here till God  calls us to sleep.

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »

Hi Octoberose,

In a city that size you may find some interest in public service opportunities or with the public school if that is your interest. My wife and I have been retired since 2005 and apart from family we are quite bored to live in a nice quite neighborhood with no one bothering us at all. (smile)
On a side note I wonder if you would care to share what your husband's work is.
Is there anything you could do to contribute?
On another point in a larger city the newspaper may have some requests for help of interest even it is part time..

Keep a good thought and something fun and beneficial will come to you.

Indiana Bob

octoberose

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2021, 12:24:47 AM »

Thank you Bob, I’m smiling at your response.  Newspaper, hmm, that could be interesting.   
 After a military career, my husband is an online college professor so if you’re taking some classes online you might just get him as your teacher !
  This house is very quiet but I’m use to a neighborhood full of children.  But the children here, twenty five minutes away, are three of our grandchildren.  My daughter has started homeschooling and I’m gong to help with the younger children when the group  of homeschool moms meet once a week in the fall.
  I’m pretty peaceful about this move which is only God because I gave up a lot to come here.  But I’m just sure we should be here and that it means less to live in a beautiful place then to have a beautiful life. 

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2021, 12:14:59 PM »

Thanks for your interesting reply.
With all we have learned about public school during this Covid thing I believe that working with children in a home school situation is a work of God for the benefit of the children. I am confident that your contribution will be of great value to each of them.
I do take some informal training on the internet, but at my age and mental limit it is slow and just a little at a time.
Thanks again for your information.
Warm regards, Bob age 86 July 12th  ;)

octoberose

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 02:33:30 AM »

Indiana, you haven't slowed down any that I have noticed.  You have contributed so much to this little fellowship of believers over the year!  Happy Birthday and may every day left to us be lived in the peace of God as we prepare to close our eyes one last time and then open them in wonder when we are awakened.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.