> General Discussions

Contradiction of the two thieves crucified with Christ.

<< < (2/2)

ZekeSr:
Thank you, Dave, for the kind words and encouragement. I find myself energized, yet fearfully humbled and circumspect whenever I perceive another small veil has been lifted from my eyes.  Also, your analogy concerning the two blind men describing an elephant is well taken as good advice.
You too, Extol. Thank you. It’s the polite and diplomatic exchange of personal understanding that is productive. And yes, it really does boil down to trusting in God while searching the Scriptures diligently.

Mike

indianabob:
The secrets that God has kept from the many are reserved to be revealed by God's spirit according to God's purpose for each individual.
We are truly blessed to have received the gift of understanding in part even though we haven't worked for it as many have.
Indiana Bob

The Purpose of the Parables
Mat 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 
Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries (secrets) of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 
Mat 13:12  For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 
Mat 13:13  Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 
Mat 13:14  And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 
Mat 13:15  For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 
Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 
Mat 13:17  For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version