> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

The Passing of Jewel

<< < (3/3)

indianabob:

--- Quote from: Wanda on May 20, 2021, 05:41:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Musterseed on May 19, 2021, 09:45:51 PM ---I love your mama’s name. It suited her well.
I feel like I knew her from our conversations
and she was very blessed to have you take care of her
during her last years and you were blessed to do so.

Our Lord God is good, praise be His holy name.
Jesus Christ , our Lord and Saviour.

May God be with you and your family Wanda.💕

In Christ, Pamela

--- End quote ---

Thank you Pamela.💕

Yes her name fit her well. Although it was not her given name at birth. Interestingly her name was Ruth Naomi.🙂  Her grandmother used to  call her, "my little Jewel" and it stuck. Mom later petitioned for it to become one of her legal names.

--- End quote ---

Hi Wanda,
Interesting also that your mom was named after two women who were in the ancestral line of Jesus. Naomi and her daughter Ruth who loved her and stayed with her to provide for her in her widowhood. Ruth 1:16

15 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and her gods; follow her back home.” 16 But Ruth replied: “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn from following you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. 17 Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD punish me, and ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.”…

Wanda:
Thanks for your comment Bob. Something even more interesting, my grandmother, my mama's mother,  took care of her mother-n-law after her husband abandoned his family.

indianabob:
Yes, I have a feeling that many of us who are called have begun to realize that our calling was active long before we were aware of it.
The events in our lives and the lives of our ancestors have been guided in the direction that God ordained and are not just chance circumstances.
I like to keep in mind that the blessings I have received in this life are not unique to me. It is just that God has reserved the blessing for others to a later time in history or even after the resurrection.

Indiana Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version