bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jordan Peterson, Steven Fry - Good and Evil - L Ray Smith Explains (YouTube)  (Read 10233 times)

Shawn Fainn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJ99uodoXY

Great idea using contemporary 'intellectuals' and answering their questions with Scripture, mixing in audio from Ray.

Really enjoyed this. Excellent job to whoever did the video edit.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member

I create and edit these videos - Thank you

YouTube just suggested this video:  https://youtu.be/olEMIvO18wg  which shows Jordan Peterson talking once more about Good and Evil. So out of curiosity I searched for "good and evil Jordan Peterson" on YouTube and about a dozen videos came up and I sure I could have found many more.

It seems Jordan Peterson has struggled with the concept of 'good and evil' for many years.

lareli

YouTube just suggested this video:  https://youtu.be/olEMIvO18wg  which shows Jordan Peterson talking once more about Good and Evil. So out of curiosity I searched for "good and evil Jordan Peterson" on YouTube and about a dozen videos came up and I sure I could have found many more.

It seems Jordan Peterson has struggled with the concept of 'good and evil' for many years.

Have you listened to any of his bible lectures?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

Have you listened to any of his bible lectures?

A few minutes of some of them and I find error very soon. In the above video he says Genesis is a myth and I suspect that's what he thinks about most of the bible.

lareli

He would go on to say that the stories are myths that are real and true.

Musterseed

• God is Love

Quote from Jordan Peterson

“ If you were able to reveal the best of yourself to the world, you would
be an overwhelming force for good.”

Not before being refined in the fire of Gods grace  you won’t. But he doesn’t know that.

“ one of his teachings is ,,, How to develop thick skin and become mentally tough.

another one is,,,, Stop doing stupid things for a month, it will change your life.

and this,,,, only practice what you want to become.

All wonderful carnal minded , free willing advise for self determinism.

My son read all his stuff for a long time and said he learned how to be humble
and not so arrogant from him. I told him only God causes one to be humble.
He got angry with me ,,,,,,and he is still arrogant , but I love him.😁There are YT Jordan Peterson videos about free will .
I haven’t watched them yet but now I am curious.

ECC.3:1...For everything there is a season and a time for EVERY MATTER under heaven.

Phil.2:13...For it is God which works in you both to Will and to Do of His good pleasure.

These scriptures blow free Will out of the water but who believes our report?

Thankyou Dennis for doing the video. Gods will be done.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lareli

Well.. far be it from me to tell anyone else how to judge someone. But as someone who has listened to Jordan Peterson for many years I feel I should point out that its not wise to take a two minute snippet from a 3 hour lecture and then render a judgment on the whole.

Especially with such confidence in your judgment that you go and create a video about him and release it to the world.

And Musterseed as someone familiar with the content, I can tell you that you’re bearing false witness when you say that Gods refining fire is something Jordan Peterson knows nothing about. There is plenty of content with him talking about being refined by fire.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 06:43:14 PM by lareli »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

I have watched many hours of Jordan Peterson and am aware of his struggles and teachings. I subscribe to his YouTube channel and even have a YouTube playlist w/50 of his videos.

But he is not enlightened when it comes to scripture, that's all.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:05:08 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Musterseed

• God is Love

Jordan Peterson believes in the doctrine of free Will.
And he freely( pun intended) admits it in the video
Jordan Peterson takes on Sam Harris argument that free Will doesn’t exist.

Almost at the end of the video he says” I strongly believe that we have free Will,
that we are responsible for our choices,, etc.

Well I have a teacher who says that we don’t have a free Will and that it is blasphemy to think
that you do.
Isaiah 10:15.... Shall the ax( the one being used by God)boast itself against Him that hews with it.
Rom. 9:20.. Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, why have you made me thus?

From the LOF, can you handle the truth.

God is the potter, we are the clay , not the other way around.
Clay does not posses self- determinism.
It is from the arrogant heart of man that he presumes to take to himself
a presumed power that can thwart the very will of God.
Every vessel of humanity is first made marred in the hands of the potter....
The carnal mind is enmity ( a deep seated hatred for God)... for out of the heart proceed
evil thoughts. Every vessel must be refashioned, converted, judged, purged
and born again of the Spirit.

Mankind believes that he is greater than God Himself, and most do not even believe that God is real.
And we are accountable for what comes out of our arrogant heart but God is responsible for giving us such a heart in the first place.
Nebucanezzer, the King of Assyria, the prodigal son are some of my favourite teachings about free Will.
Anyway. It is the first thing I learned at BT and I have been studying it for six or seven years and have
been given much insight on human behaviour. I thank God through the foolish preaching of Mr L Ray
Smith for the teaching that the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.

Col.2:8.. see to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit according to human
tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world and not according to Christ.

1 Tim.6 :20........ Avoid the irreverent babble and contradicts of what is falsely called knowledge.

Mr Peterson, is in Gods plan as all humanity is and God operates out of the council of HIS OWN WILL.
ALL IS OF GOD.

Wow Lareli, I can’t believe you called me a liar . No offence taken . I have two questions for you if you feel like answering.
What’s wrong with having confidence in believing the scriptures about good and evil and showing it to the whole world? And this,,, what happened to the g that used to be in your name, just curious.😁

Grace and peace Lareli

lareli

I have watched many hours of Jordan Peterson and am aware of his struggles and teachings. I subscribe to his YouTube channel and even have a YouTube playlist w/50 of his videos.

But he is not enlightened when it comes to scripture, that's all.

Agreed. Not enlightened when it comes to scripture.

His bible lectures are titled ‘the psychological significance of the biblical stories’

He’s a psychologist not a bible teacher. I’ve gained a lot of insight into the psychological significance of the stories through his lectures.

Maybe he’s not enlightened in scripture truths but he does have enough insight to know that

1-it is God who is responsible for evil and suffering.

And

2-In light of this truth, the attitude to have towards God is NOT to shake your fist at or be resentful to God.

And this insight can only been given to him from God. Which I would say he is inspired by God to know those things.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

I watched many of his lectures years ago when he was first making waves. They were all interesting and insightful.

I was also a fan of Roy Masters who knew more about human nature than anyone I've ever come across but he too knew nothing about God's plan. Roy's wife died about a month ago and then he died just days later.

lareli

Musterseed you said Jordan Peterson knows nothing about being refined by Gods fire.

I have listened to him speak about being refined by fire MANY times. So you are wrong in what you said. There is plenty of content on YouTube where he talks about ‘deadwood’ and having your ‘deadwood’ burned off by fire.

Not just YouTube there are entire albums that someone (Akira the Don) created on AppleMusic/iTunes where he put music to the background of Jordan Peterson speaking on certain topics. One of those tracks is ‘deadwood’. You can find the music video on YouTube but I prefer the iTunes as the YouTube optics are distracting.

Taking what I’ve learned here about God’s refining fire and comparing it to what Peterson says in ‘deadwood’ has been very valuable. In no way does it take away from what I’ve learned here. Only enhances it.

That’s just one example and it’s the example I’m using only because you bore witness to him ‘knowing nothing about that’

And Musterseed I only point this out because I assumed you would want to know if you were wrong.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

You're only as happy as your least happy child.

Jordan Peterson and his daughter have been in hell for years with severe digestive problems that cause a lot of pain. His daughter for all or most of her life. He knows evil very well.

Musterseed

• God is Love

I prayed  to God for Jordan Peterson to help my son when his daughter , our granddaughter died. My son followed him for a few years and had good things to say about him so I watched some of his
videos and followed up on his troubles here in Canada with the university and also with his family
trials. Maybe God will drag or is dragging him to Jesus. Only God knows. My point in my posts was to emphasize the free Will , carnal beast in all of mankind. Do you agree Lareli that Mr Peterson is yet carnal? We know that God uses people, among many other things to bring about His intentions, yes?
Jordan Peterson is a vessel as we all are for a grand purpose.and we are all headed in the same direction. Obviously God has placed Mr Peterson in your life and many lives for a purpose, and I was made aware of him through my son and now he is the subject of  our discussion. To be truly honest
with you, I do not like to stray from The Bible or Ray’ s teachings , not even for one day but every now and then God leads me to read or watch something that I should know so maybe this is that. I don’t
know but I trust in the sovereign Lord to guide me.
I always pray for God’s will to be done in all of our lives and Mr Peterson is included in the all.
And we have learned that all means all and we all are suffering , some more than others.

Quote from Ray,,, LOF xv pt.D

God is not limited to reading us like a book, oh no, it is God who wrote our book.”

Yes indeed, we all have a story, or maybe it’s better to say we are a story, a giant parable

From The Beast Within
Through the years, I have had many people say to me that they are followers of this or that religious
personality, or that so and so is my man. Well let me inform you that you cannot fight a spiritual
warfare by standing behind a carnal man.

Eph.6:12

We have seen from Gods word that God calls mankind beasts.
Psa.49:12, & 20, Titus :12&13, 2 Peter 2:12, Psa. 73:22,Jude 10, and ECC.3:18
There is not just one prophetic beast out there, we are ALL beasts within.

LOF The myth of free Will Exposed pt.D

Ray” Maybe the biggest single biggest aspect of coming out of Babylon is giving up
the unscriptural free will, free choice idol of the heart.

You know what though Lareli, IMHO , I don’t think it is possible to just give it up
on our own.  Ray taught that it takes a lot of doing. I think it takes  Long suffering.
To suffer long. I was meditating on the nature of this beast within, this carnal mind and through
an experience of evil we have to be humbled, we have to be brought low. Sigh 😔 It’s very difficult
But how low ? We have Jesus and the Apostles as our example . It’s overwhelming some days.
I pray for you all and thank God for His Will in our lives, whatever way He is leading us is the right way.
Through Jesus . We are all blessed beyond our puny little imaginations, May God strengthen us
and lift us when we fall and keep the unity of the spirit. In Jesus name, Amen.

Doug

Jordan Peterson and his daughter both had some healing and relief by doing meat only diet, primarily beef. I had same type of lifelong problems with maybe some different symptoms. Went to beef only for long time then God lead me to raw milk. Been living off raw milk for 6 months and is seemingly healing many symptoms. Recently added steak back in which was not able to do before due to histamine response. Plan to try some other carnivore diet items such as eggs which could not do before. In Canada where the Peterson’s are from raw milk is illegal. Pot is fine but raw milk is banned. Then again Satan is running loose at the present time.

If anyone has some severe digestive problems would recommend researching the raw milk. Back in the 1920 the Mayo Clinet used to great success to cure most any disease. They stoped due to no money to be made. Would recommend A2A2 milk that is 100% grass fed cows.

octoberose

Hi Doug,  I don’t mean to commandeer the thread, but how is your wife doing ?

Doug

This is very difficult to write. Sherrine passed away on May 31. The grief, loneliness, fear are just overwhelming. It is hard right now to see coming out of this. I am praying God give me strength and draw me to Him. Few friends or family. Feel so isolated but that leaves me totally dependent on God.

Doug

Musterseed

• God is Love

Doug
I am so sad to hear of your wife’s passing. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and May Our Lord
God be with you always.

In Christ
Pamela

Doug

Thank you Pam

Rene

• Administrator

Hi Doug,

I know words are not enough to comfort you at this time, but I pray for you and send my deepest condolences.

Rene
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.