> General Discussions

Will we know the hour?

(1/14) > >>

Dennis Vogel:
Revelation 3:3 says if we DO NOT watch THEN Jesus comes as a thief. I'm reading we will know the hour IF we watch. And I think I see things that could greatly escalate?

How much of Matthew 24 do you see that's here now, if any?

I know it's difficult but no politics yet please.

Revelation 3:3

(RSVA)  Remember then what you received and heard; keep that, and repent. If you will not awake, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.

(CLV)  Remember, then, how you have obtained, and hear; keep it and repent. If ever, then, you should not be watching, I shall be arriving on you as a thief, and under no circumstances will you be knowing what hour I shall be arriving on you.

(ESV)  Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.

(KJV)  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(NRSV)  Remember then what you received and heard; obey it, and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.

(Rotherham)  Remember, therefore, how thou hast received, and didst hear, and keep it and repent. If then thou shall not watch, I will have come as a thief, and in nowise shalt thou get to know, during what sort of hour, I will have come upon thee.

(RSV)  Remember then what you received and heard; keep that, and repent. If you will not awake, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.

(RV)  Remember therefore how thou hast received and didst hear; and keep it, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(YLT)  'Remember, then, how thou hast received, and heard, and be keeping, and reform: if, then, thou mayest not watch, I will come upon thee as a thief, and thou mayest not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Rhys 🕊:
I have had an strange feeling for a while now with current events with covid that will only lead people further away from the truth. Whatever you believe about vaccines we are being sold a lie to take this and your freedoms will return but that is playing God and He is the one that will give freedom.

From Matthew 24

39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I can see this verse becoming more true. I think people are getting more deceived and unaware of what is going on around them. Seems to be a lot of fear out there with people wondering what is the right thing to do but they are often looking to make the world a better place.

They seem to grow in knowledge but

Proverbs 1:7 ESV

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Isaiah 45:20 ESV

“Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Rhys

AwesomeSavior:
There's a double witness to "you will know when it is near, even at the door" (Matthew 24:33 and Mark 13:29).

I have heard it explained like this... we may not know the exact day or hour (in keeping with what Jesus said in the Gospels), but when we get closer and closer to the time of His return, what's to say that we will not know which year and possibly the month of His return, seeing as we will know when it's right "at the door"?

lareli:
Nation will rise against nation. A nation being a ‘people’ family or any group.

Everyone is split now. Everyone.

Before Covid, I always had an easy time not choosing a side in almost any mainstream issue. I’m a big fan of minding my own business and not judging “the servant of another” because “to his own master will he rise or fall.” (Romans 14:4). I’ve always kept in the back of my mind to “make it my ambition to lead a quiet life, work with my hands and mind my business.” (1 Thess 4:11)

But Covid has made that impossible because I’m put on a side like it or not. We’re all put on a side. If I say I’m not choosing a side we’ll that right there puts me on the side of the “silence is violence”. No matter which side you choose or which side is chosen for you, you are hated by the other side. Family members and lifelong friends are ending relationships with each other. And not just ending relationships but enthusiastically hating each other with a self righteous and moral zeal. And if hating your neighbor and brother makes you guilty of murder as Christ said, than what I see is family and friends and everyone killing each other. Spiritually speaking. Living in the California Bay Area where the politics of it all are front and center and in your face all day, It’s all very heavy for me and I do feel exhausted with it all as I’m sure some of you do too.

Before when I would read Matt 24 I would think that “nation rising against nation” would mean war between countries. But like it has been said on here. You won’t recognize prophecy fulfilled until after it happens. Between the politics that we don’t need to mention and Covid I saw and see nation rise against nation, and everyone hating everyone with no one escaping it.

People are hating/killing each other all around us yet they continue to live and walk among us.. like a spiritual zombie apocalypse. Interesting that zombie apocalypse has been shoved in our face through movies, tv and pop culture for the last decade eh?

lareli:
Dennis you said that you see things that could greatly escalate, what are you seeing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version