bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will we know the hour?  (Read 14132 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Will we know the hour?
« on: July 22, 2021, 12:12:27 PM »

Revelation 3:3 says if we DO NOT watch THEN Jesus comes as a thief. I'm reading we will know the hour IF we watch. And I think I see things that could greatly escalate?

How much of Matthew 24 do you see that's here now, if any?

I know it's difficult but no politics yet please.

Revelation 3:3

(RSVA)  Remember then what you received and heard; keep that, and repent. If you will not awake, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.

(CLV)  Remember, then, how you have obtained, and hear; keep it and repent. If ever, then, you should not be watching, I shall be arriving on you as a thief, and under no circumstances will you be knowing what hour I shall be arriving on you.

(ESV)  Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.

(KJV)  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(NRSV)  Remember then what you received and heard; obey it, and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.

(Rotherham)  Remember, therefore, how thou hast received, and didst hear, and keep it and repent. If then thou shall not watch, I will have come as a thief, and in nowise shalt thou get to know, during what sort of hour, I will have come upon thee.

(RSV)  Remember then what you received and heard; keep that, and repent. If you will not awake, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.

(RV)  Remember therefore how thou hast received and didst hear; and keep it, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(YLT)  'Remember, then, how thou hast received, and heard, and be keeping, and reform: if, then, thou mayest not watch, I will come upon thee as a thief, and thou mayest not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Will we know the hour?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 06:42:48 AM »

I have had an strange feeling for a while now with current events with covid that will only lead people further away from the truth. Whatever you believe about vaccines we are being sold a lie to take this and your freedoms will return but that is playing God and He is the one that will give freedom.

From Matthew 24

39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I can see this verse becoming more true. I think people are getting more deceived and unaware of what is going on around them. Seems to be a lot of fear out there with people wondering what is the right thing to do but they are often looking to make the world a better place.

They seem to grow in knowledge but

Proverbs 1:7 ESV

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Isaiah 45:20 ESV

“Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Rhys

🤫

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »

There's a double witness to "you will know when it is near, even at the door" (Matthew 24:33 and Mark 13:29).

I have heard it explained like this... we may not know the exact day or hour (in keeping with what Jesus said in the Gospels), but when we get closer and closer to the time of His return, what's to say that we will not know which year and possibly the month of His return, seeing as we will know when it's right "at the door"?

lareli

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:41:28 PM »

Nation will rise against nation. A nation being a ‘people’ family or any group.

Everyone is split now. Everyone.

Before Covid, I always had an easy time not choosing a side in almost any mainstream issue. I’m a big fan of minding my own business and not judging “the servant of another” because “to his own master will he rise or fall.” (Romans 14:4). I’ve always kept in the back of my mind to “make it my ambition to lead a quiet life, work with my hands and mind my business.” (1 Thess 4:11)

But Covid has made that impossible because I’m put on a side like it or not. We’re all put on a side. If I say I’m not choosing a side we’ll that right there puts me on the side of the “silence is violence”. No matter which side you choose or which side is chosen for you, you are hated by the other side. Family members and lifelong friends are ending relationships with each other. And not just ending relationships but enthusiastically hating each other with a self righteous and moral zeal. And if hating your neighbor and brother makes you guilty of murder as Christ said, than what I see is family and friends and everyone killing each other. Spiritually speaking. Living in the California Bay Area where the politics of it all are front and center and in your face all day, It’s all very heavy for me and I do feel exhausted with it all as I’m sure some of you do too.

Before when I would read Matt 24 I would think that “nation rising against nation” would mean war between countries. But like it has been said on here. You won’t recognize prophecy fulfilled until after it happens. Between the politics that we don’t need to mention and Covid I saw and see nation rise against nation, and everyone hating everyone with no one escaping it.

People are hating/killing each other all around us yet they continue to live and walk among us.. like a spiritual zombie apocalypse. Interesting that zombie apocalypse has been shoved in our face through movies, tv and pop culture for the last decade eh?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 01:44:29 PM »

Dennis you said that you see things that could greatly escalate, what are you seeing?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »

Dennis you said that you see things that could greatly escalate, what are you seeing?

I'd like to wait and see what others say first. But things could settle down in time and get back to normal, more or less.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »

The earth is the same as in Gen. 6:

5. Then Yahweh saw that great, was the wickedness of man in the earth, and that, every purpose of the devices of his heart, was only wicked all the day

It took a mere 15 years to bring about the legalization of homosexual marriage, and not by way of the popular vote. Subsequently it took even less time for people to accept it. The same is now happening with a concerted effort to make transgenderism an accepted norm in our societies.  Practices that were once considered morally depraved and unacceptable are now being normalized. Even though there are people who disagree they are still accepting this kind of moral decay, even many of the churches.

(Rotherham) Roman's 1

26   For this cause, God gave them up unto dishonourable passions; for, even their females, exchanged away the natural use into that which is against nature,

27   In like manner also, even the males, leaving the natural use of the female, flamed out in their eager desire one for another, males with males, the indecency, effecting, - and, the necessary recompence of their error, within themselves, duly receiving;

32   Who, indeed, having acknowledged the righteous sentence of God, - that, they who such things as these do practise, are worthy of death, not only, the same things, are doing, but are even delighting together with them who are practising them .
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wendy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »

Matthew 24 ; 10  And then many shall be offended and betray one another
     11 then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many
12 and because of lawlessness will abound the love of many will grow cold

So much of this is happening now people are so against each other even over the smallest things

lareli

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »

Matthew 24 ; 10  And then many shall be offended and betray one another
     11 then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many
12 and because of lawlessness will abound the love of many will grow cold

So much of this is happening now people are so against each other even over the smallest things

I thought about that too Wendy.. being offended.

Being offended has become addicting and contagious (like a virus). It’s everywhere.

octoberose

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 02:49:26 AM »

Those verses Wendy are one of the keys to my understanding that the time is short.  God started the story of humanity with a man and a woman.  He created them for each other.  He made their relationship the bedrock of their human relationships. He didn’t create them to be Trans or pan or anything else.  It was a man and a woman meant for each other, and only for each other.  And now look what’s happened.   This is a society that calls evil , good and good, evil.   It’s going to get worse, I fear, before He comes . 

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 08:06:12 AM »

I took a survey on behalf of indeed.com, the employment website.

Part of the survey involved watching commercials which indeed.com had filmed to promote themselves.

One commercial showed a trans man being interviewed by a trans woman, and the man saying he wanted to be called "they", instead of him or her.

I watched in shock, mouth open. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed in a commercial.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come".  INDEED, pun intended. Read 2 Timothy chapter 3! That garbage is here now......

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2021, 08:46:47 AM »

This may not be Matthew 24 but I have seen a huge increase of deadly floods around the world this year. Europe really got hammered just weeks ago. Russia seems to have many more than usual. And Asia, especially China, have been hit very hard. This is hard to watch. Fair warning: https://youtu.be/-6VJ_6FBaw4

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2021, 10:02:23 AM »

I am reminded as well (and as Ray taught us) that most if not all of Revelation is symbolic. 

I.E.  Rev1:1

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

sēmainō

Thayer Definition:

1) to give a sign, to signify, indicate

2) to make known

IIRC Ray also said that like most Christians for most of his life he thought that Revelations was end time prophesy but in later years he no longer believed that as Revelation is to reveal Jesus Christ in us and to us.  This goes back to the Lake of Fire series;

Revelation is a book of symbols.  http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

All that being said we can discern the days and times.  A movement towards an attempted one world government, totalitarian rule and in general reduced liberties and freedoms.  We can see the crumbling of our economic and financial system in the U.S. but the world as a whole and Ray's paper on 911 and the aftermath if the nation failed to repent is almost prophetic;

/snip

In the day of the great slaughter
https://bible-truths.com/towers.htm

WHEN IS THE END OF THIS WORLD?

Over the years I have been asked many times whether or not I thought the end of this world was near and the coming of our Lord was at hand? This question is usually asked with reference to some recent happening in the world, such as a war or rumor of wars, bad weather, famine, a new potential disease epidemic, some huge earthquake, volcano, hurricane, or a tsunami. These events are general, and have been with us for thousands of years. So my answer was always pretty much the same: "No, I do not believe that the end of the world is near, but certainly "...now our salvation is nearer than when we believed" (Rom.13:11). But that all changed on "September 11, 2001." This to me was not a "general" catastrophic happening as has been witnessed time and again, but this was a very specific catastrophe unlike anything before it.

/snip

We are living in a time of lies and deceit in every realm and there are rough waters ahead.  I have been and continue to prepare for what lies ahead and most of all listen to that still, small voice in order not to be lead astray by the myriad of voices most who are trying to bamboozle us.

That being said very little of this should take us by surprise if we've been alert and listening and have been given eyes to see where this is all headed.  I tell myself this sometimes several times a day as I witness this mess we are in.

If there was a better way to do it, God would do it that way.

It is enough.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 10:14:00 AM by arion »

Heidi

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2021, 06:14:15 PM »

are even delighting together with them who are practising them[

So many people today just accept the things that are happening around them and I've been guilty in the past of bragging that I had a gay friend, as though it meant instant inclusion???  How silly it all seems now!  I've had to repent, but for the grace of God.

As to the end times, it's in the air we breath, similar to smelling a rain storm coming just before it pours down.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 06:37:56 PM »

" for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said, “Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” " - Ephesians 5:14

Christ is the light, or truth, within us.. giving us the eyes to see/perceive the world for what it is. Calling us from among the dead; the sleepers.

Sadly, many in the world are still asleep. I look around me and think of my family and friends that i've tried to talk to. Trying to no avail to get them to wake up about how deceived we are. Not just in the church, but literally almost everything we've been taught has been a lie.

I see things getting worse and worse, especially here in America, in the coming months/years. Hopefully more people will begin to wake up.

Heidi

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »

Matt 24:44  For this reason, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour you do not expect.

Matt 25:10 But while they were on their way to buy it, the bridegroom arrived. Those who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet, and the door was shut.

What does it mean to be ready? Does it imply to have an awareness? 

Shawn, you posted that the light makes everything visible.   Christ is that light, the light that Saul/Paul was blinded with, He will reveal it to us.

The dead are amongst us, Christ says, let the dead bury the dead.  We have been re-birthed by God's Spirit in us and we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus.
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

zvezda

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:18 PM »

This may not be Matthew 24 but I have seen a huge increase of deadly floods around the world this year. Europe really got hammered just weeks ago. Russia seems to have many more than usual. And Asia, especially China, have been hit very hard. This is hard to watch. Fair warning: https://youtu.be/-6VJ_6FBaw4

The floods in China are never 100% natural disasters.  But yeah, I was thinking the same when seeing the floods all over the world, feel like there's a sudden increase recently.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KinderNet/videos

NASA predicts record flooding in the mid-2030s -
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/study-projects-a-surge-in-coastal-flooding-starting-in-2030s

I also heard that Florida will be completely under water in 30 years.

zvezda

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 11:23:18 PM »

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places (5117. topos).
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

topos: a place
Original Word: τόπος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: topos
Phonetic Spelling: (top'-os)
Definition: a place
Usage: a place, region, seat; an opportunity.

When the disasters happen in several places, it's the beginning of sorrows.
But the pandemic is no longer happening in several places, it's happening ALL over the world now.
So I take it that the "beginning stage" has passed, it is not the beginning of the sorrows any more, it could be the middle or even closer to the end of sorrows now.

The big vaccine push is getting ridiculous, the more they push it, the more I feel like things are greatly escalating.
Look how ridiculous it is in France:
https://twitter.com/SikhForTruth/status/1418598762377777153

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »

The floods in China are never 100% natural disasters.  But yeah, I was thinking the same when seeing the floods all over the world, feel like there's a sudden increase recently.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KinderNet/videos

NASA predicts record flooding in the mid-2030s -
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/study-projects-a-surge-in-coastal-flooding-starting-in-2030s

I also heard that Florida will be completely under water in 30 years.

I wouldn't get too excited about what NASA says, they've been historically wrong in predicting distant weather events.

indianabob

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 03:47:10 PM »

Hi Dennis and folks,

Just wondering, could the building of a third temple in Jerusalem be one sign that we can expect and if it does occur can we presume that it is a true indication of progression of events leading to Jesus' return?
I know that the Muslims would strongly resist construction on the temple mount, but there is disagreement about whether that needs to be the location. Plus it would require the intervention of a strong force or government entity and that could also be a sign.
Indiana Bob
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.