bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orwell “animal farm”  (Read 3545 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Orwell “animal farm”
« on: July 29, 2021, 06:22:28 PM »

The Bible truths search bar give Orwell “animal farm” as an example search..

Who’s idea was that and why? Just curious if Ray or whoever had any affinity for George Orwell’s work.

Reading Orwell’s stuff it seems that, like Daniel the prophet, Orwell was able to read “the writing on the wall” being as plain as day to him. But hidden from everyone else.

I never put that together until recently. That the saying “the writing on the wall” is a reference to Daniel reading and interpreting the writing on the wall.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

zvezda

Re: Orwell “animal farm”
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 01:32:06 AM »

This forum uses SMF 2.0.4 (Simple Machines Forum - free and open source software).
The developer(s) of this software put the search example "animal farm" there, every SMF uses "animal farm" as the example.
Here is another SMF, they use "animal farm" as the example too:
https://forums.doteasy.com/search/

lareli

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »

Oh ok so it’s automatic and no one chose it.. well no one from bt anyway.

Ha, I always saw it and thought Ray or someone deliberately used it.

Is anyone familiar with Orwell? 1984? What about Aldous Huxley Brave New World?

ZekeSr

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »

I've read 1984 twice and I've read Animal Farm. I started Brave New World, but have yet to finish it.
My wife just finished 1984 and she found parts of it somewhat prophetically disturbing in light of the way things are progressing in today's world.

Orwell and Huxley definitely had the ability to look at the unfortunate possibilities concerning the baser trends of human nature and science.
Mike

lareli

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 12:42:15 PM »

I've read 1984 twice and I've read Animal Farm. I started Brave New World, but have yet to finish it.
My wife just finished 1984 and she found parts of it somewhat prophetically disturbing in light of the way things are progressing in today's world.

Orwell and Huxley definitely had the ability to look at the unfortunate possibilities concerning the baser trends of human nature and science.
Mike

I’d seen the movie and my son read the book a couple years ago. So back in March last year when we first went on lockdown, I thought about 1984 again, and my son read the book again and then we watched the movie together.. recognizing early on what trajectory we were on. It’s been like watching parts of the book unfold piece by piece ever since.

It’s made me wonder, what exactly is a prophet.. what does it mean to hear from God.. is it always an audible voice? If not then what is it then. Is it thoughts. If Orwell was able to see the direction that society was going then it wasn’t by his own power. Nothing we are able to know is ever of our own power. If God caused him to accurately see into the future and warn of where we were going when the many were blind to that insight, is that what a prophet is?

ZekeSr

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 09:35:00 AM »

Mike

I’d seen the movie and my son read the book a couple years ago. So back in March last year when we first went on lockdown, I thought about 1984 again, and my son read the book again and then we watched the movie together.. recognizing early on what trajectory we were on. It’s been like watching parts of the book unfold piece by piece ever since.

It’s made me wonder, what exactly is a prophet.. what does it mean to hear from God.. is it always an audible voice? If not then what is it then. Is it thoughts. If Orwell was able to see the direction that society was going then it wasn’t by his own power. Nothing we are able to know is ever of our own power. If God caused him to accurately see into the future and warn of where we were going when the many were blind to that insight, is that what a prophet is?

The word prophet is most often associated with divine inspiration, such as the prophets of the Old Testament. But it also has the synonyms: seer · soothsayer · forecaster of the future · fortune teller · clairvoyant which are not so divinely associated.
While “all is of God”, I think they were as I stated previously: “Orwell and Huxley definitely had the ability to look at the unfortunate possibilities concerning the baser trends of human nature and science.” They were not 100% right on the money, but they certainly knew what they were writing about. And they were not alone. I think forecaster of POSSIBLE future would be more accurate. If you were able to call them prophets then consider President Eisenhower’s farewell address to the nation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY. Like Orwell, he was not a prophet in the biblical sense, but he certainly was in a position to see the possible trends of where human nature could take us.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.