bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Court case today for my car accident  (Read 3397 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Court case today for my car accident
« on: July 30, 2021, 06:30:52 AM »

As many would know my wife died in a car accident about 20 months ago now. It happened when another driver crossed the center line and hit us head on. The final court case was today where I read my victims statement which is my opportunity to tell the judge in my words what I went through and what I deal with now.. After 2 hours of the case the other driver was sentenced to 200 hours community service, 12 months driving disqualification and money fines to me and the other victims. It seems he got off lightly and he does not know why he crossed the center line as cannot remember. He tried for 1 year to get off on medical grounds which did not work so he pleaded guilty 2 months ago.

He was a pastor as well but you would not guess that by his actions. His family and friends were also not happy with his actions. He has been stood down now. I’m so glad I don’t go to church anymore.

Still getting some stomach pain but slowly improving I think. I feel like if I was in a race with a turtle then I would lose big time as the turtle shouts eat my dust.

Community service is like pick up rubbish or something similar, he does not work now so I’m sure not a big deal as he has plenty of time.

By the way, anyone else getting pretty annoyed with this world?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/pastor-who-killed-nurse-who-cared-for-whakaari-white-island-victims-in-car-crash-sentenced/CYZFUROXZSX6BH3K6MHS6RHFWA/

Rhys
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:25:07 AM by Rhys »
🤫

AwesomeSavior

Re: Court case today for my car accident
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 07:52:16 AM »

Rhys:

It seems like the guy who crashed into you had no injuries.

Do you think he was drinking? 

Many times they will have no injuries, due to their bodies being limp upon impact.

God heal you...

Dean

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:44:06 AM »

I am glad that you are feeling a little better Rhys, God will see you through.

The pastor who caused the accident will give account before his Saviour .
I would not want to be in his shoes. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Jude 1:14,,, Behold- the Lord comes with ten thousands of His holy ones
Jude 1:15….to execute judgement on all and to convict all the UNGODLY
of all their deeds of UNGODLINESS that they have committed in such an
UNGODLY way ,and of all the harsh things that UNGODLY sinners have
spoken against Him.(they despise the word of God)

When God wants to emphasize something, He repeats it and yes I am
plenty annoyed with this UNGODLY WORLD.

However this is how it must be.
Quote from Ray,,,,,” People hate the thought that God is sovereign and in control
of everything and the reason is simple . If God is sovereign, than man has no free Will
that can thwart the sovereign foreknowledge of God.
God cannot know for certain a future  event  if mankind possesses a power that  can
thwart God’s perfect forknowledge  Not even the greatest minds in theology have thought
this apparent enigma .

Another quote from Ray.
“ Just as God has brought many of us to our knees for the sins we have committed, so will God
bring this WHOLE WORLD TO ITS KNEES
It will be EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATIC AND PAINFUL, but it will be a good thing.
Men will be forced to look at themselves with open spiritual eyes and they will hate what
they see.
They will eventually desire will their whole heart to be cleansed and rid of all these carnal
ways.
What is it to be carnal? It’s pretty bad. It is death.”

We are so very Blessed to have been give a most excellent gift. WE KNOW. we will see our
loved ones again . The world believes they won’t. Many people are dying and their loved ones
are groaning in pain.

Matt.23:23,,,, Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites
Eze.17:19,, Therefore thus says the Lord God. “ as I live( yes God lives). surely it
is my oath that he despised and my covenant that he broke. I will return it upon his head.

Who’s head?
And whatever God declares does not come back to Him void.

VS 21…. And you shall know that I am the Lord.

Eze.17:24,,,, “ I bring low( humble) the high tree, and make high the low tree.
dry up the green tree , and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord: I have spoken
I have spoken AND I WILL DO IT” 🙂

Even though sometimes we / you may not perceive it , we / you are flourishing.

I know how you feel Rhys and everyone who are suffering, I too have lost many loved
ones but I do not like to use the word lost anymore because we know that they are not lost.
They are sleeping. God has set them aside until resurrection. We miss them terribly, but they
are not lost.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost
But now I am found, WAS BLIND, BUT NOW I SEE.

THE WHOLE WORLD WILL EVENTUALLY SEE.

In God’s Love, in Christ
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »

No police found nothing like that, no one seems to know but guess he could of fallen asleep

Rhys

Rhys:

It seems like the guy who crashed into you had no injuries.

Do you think he was drinking? 

Many times they will have no injuries, due to their bodies being limp upon impact.

God heal you...

Dean
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 03:27:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing, is very encouraging to me

Rhys

I am glad that you are feeling a little better Rhys, God will see you through.

The pastor who caused the accident will give account before his Saviour .
I would not want to be in his shoes. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Jude 1:14,,, Behold- the Lord comes with ten thousands of His holy ones
Jude 1:15….to execute judgement on all and to convict all the UNGODLY
of all their deeds of UNGODLINESS that they have committed in such an
UNGODLY way ,and of all the harsh things that UNGODLY sinners have
spoken against Him.(they despise the word of God)

When God wants to emphasize something, He repeats it and yes I am
plenty annoyed with this UNGODLY WORLD.

However this is how it must be.
Quote from Ray,,,,,” People hate the thought that God is sovereign and in control
of everything and the reason is simple . If God is sovereign, than man has no free Will
that can thwart the sovereign foreknowledge of God.
God cannot know for certain a future  event  if mankind possesses a power that  can
thwart God’s perfect forknowledge  Not even the greatest minds in theology have thought
this apparent enigma .

Another quote from Ray.
“ Just as God has brought many of us to our knees for the sins we have committed, so will God
bring this WHOLE WORLD TO ITS KNEES
It will be EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATIC AND PAINFUL, but it will be a good thing.
Men will be forced to look at themselves with open spiritual eyes and they will hate what
they see.
They will eventually desire will their whole heart to be cleansed and rid of all these carnal
ways.
What is it to be carnal? It’s pretty bad. It is death.”

We are so very Blessed to have been give a most excellent gift. WE KNOW. we will see our
loved ones again . The world believes they won’t. Many people are dying and their loved ones
are groaning in pain.

Matt.23:23,,,, Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites
Eze.17:19,, Therefore thus says the Lord God. “ as I live( yes God lives). surely it
is my oath that he despised and my covenant that he broke. I will return it upon his head.

Who’s head?
And whatever God declares does not come back to Him void.

VS 21…. And you shall know that I am the Lord.

Eze.17:24,,,, “ I bring low( humble) the high tree, and make high the low tree.
dry up the green tree , and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord: I have spoken
I have spoken AND I WILL DO IT” 🙂

Even though sometimes we / you may not perceive it , we / you are flourishing.

I know how you feel Rhys and everyone who are suffering, I too have lost many loved
ones but I do not like to use the word lost anymore because we know that they are not lost.
They are sleeping. God has set them aside until resurrection. We miss them terribly, but they
are not lost.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost
But now I am found, WAS BLIND, BUT NOW I SEE.

THE WHOLE WORLD WILL EVENTUALLY SEE.

In God’s Love, in Christ
🤫

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 06:17:31 PM »

Rhys:  my heart aches for what you've had to deal with and what you are still going through; praying that God will soon heal you totally physically and emotionally that you may begin again to experience joy in your life.

Other than what has been stated here, I don't really know this pastor and maybe there is some truth to his story that can't be proved.  I say this because of an car accident of a friend of mine.  She lives on a 2 lane highway along a canal.  Her house is located 3 houses away from the boat lift lock.  Between the lock and the 1st house is an parking and grassy picnic area for visitors.  Anyway, she has donated blood for years.  This one particular time after giving blood, she was driving home feeling normal as usual then just when she got to the grassy area everything went black and lost consciousness hitting a tree; she regained consciousness with a man helping her as her airbag had gone off.  The speed limit is only 50km so her injuries were not life threatening.  She does not drink and was not on any medication.  She thanked God that there was not an oncoming vehicle!! and that the tree prevented her from going into the canal!

She had tests and follow up appoints with doctor but they could not with 100% certainty say what caused her to black out.  The doctor only guessed that for some reason her blood pressure may have dropped drastically.

So what I'm eluding to is that if she had hit another vehicle, could she possibly have been in the same position as that pastor using a medical defense and then give up?; who would believe her as there were no definitive medical reports; So even though it's difficult, only God knows what truly happened.  We can only surmise by what we perceive so, as much as it is a painful traumatic experience for Rhys, maybe we can find it in our hearts to find some compassion and forgiveness for this pastor.  As Musterseed said, God will deal with him if he truly has been deceitful in his capacity.

Rhys, I hope you do not feel that his story diminishes your feelings/situation in any way; just wanted to give another perspective in hope that it helps you in some way.  Please forgive me if there is more to the story of this pastor.

Wishing you and the others a continued speedy healing.
God bless
Diane

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 03:19:31 PM »

Hello Rhys, I have read many of your posts, I am so sorry for the hard trials
trials you are going through, I sense you are a man with much wisdom, thank
you for your input. You are in our prayers.

Casey

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »

Thanks for the article.  What a tough day that had to have been.  There aren't any "winners" in this whole situation, are there? 

This life isn't the field of victory.  This life may have good and bad times, but it is the race, not the finish line.  None of us can throw him/herself off the Potter's Wheel and declare ourselves finished.  He;s not done with any of us.  Not Sheila, not you and your friends, not this pastor, and not even the judge, the writer of the article, and it's readers.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 12:42:36 AM »

Yes is true there are no winners. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Have been feeling for a long time that God has turned His back on me but in recent months that has been changing. I found it difficult to say praise God for anything but in the last few weeks I have been able so praise God for certain things without it being some forced thing so I know God is still working. I have now more focus back on God and seeking His truth. You realise there is no where else to turn if you desire truth.

Rhys

Thanks for the article.  What a tough day that had to have been.  There aren't any "winners" in this whole situation, are there? 

This life isn't the field of victory.  This life may have good and bad times, but it is the race, not the finish line.  None of us can throw him/herself off the Potter's Wheel and declare ourselves finished.  He;s not done with any of us.  Not Sheila, not you and your friends, not this pastor, and not even the judge, the writer of the article, and it's readers.
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »

Have been feeling for a long time that God has turned His back on me but in recent months that has been changing. I found it difficult to say praise God for anything but in the last few weeks I have been able so praise God for certain things without it being some forced thing so I know God is still working. I have now more focus back on God and seeking His truth. You realise there is no where else to turn if you desire truth.

Rhys

I posted YouTube video that included quotes from Jordan Peterson about three months ago. It may help Rhys: https://youtu.be/7nJ99uodoXY

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:16 AM »

Rhys

I posted YouTube video that included quotes from Jordan Peterson about three months ago. It may help Rhys: https://youtu.be/7nJ99uodoXY

Thanks I especially like the bit about creating as been thinking about that a lot lately. It helps me to understand what God is doing. Still of course it’s not easy.

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »

I've watched this several times:  "Getting Saved - Hardest Thing You Will Ever Do!"  https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 05:08:13 PM »

Hang in their Rhys.  As I tell myself daily, even several times a day if necessary;

If there was a better way to do it God would do it that way.

He has proved himself and his provision to me so many ways and so many times it help paves the way through the muck and mire of daily circumstances.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 04:01:20 AM »

Thanks. I quite like that line about a better way

Rhys

Hang in their Rhys.  As I tell myself daily, even several times a day if necessary;

If there was a better way to do it God would do it that way.

He has proved himself and his provision to me so many ways and so many times it help paves the way through the muck and mire of daily circumstances.
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.