bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Salvation, A process? Your thoughts?  (Read 9669 times)

lilitalienboi16

Salvation, A process? Your thoughts?
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:05:48 AM »

So many christians and christendom always proclaim that to be "saved" all you have to do is believe on Jesus, or say the sinners prayer and what not. But isn't it much more? Here is what i have come up with, and anyone feel free to correct me, or add. I am still a babe and learning much! So please if i'm off on something don't hesitate to correct me.

The First step is being called;

For many are called, (Matthew 22:14)

The second part is being chosen.

but few are chosen. (Matthew 22:14)

The Third step is remaining faithfull.

and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Revelation 17:14)

The last and final step is to be an overcomer! This i know is my ultimate goal in life.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Is not this the process of salvation? Isn't it much more then a simple prayer, or believing Christ died for us?

I couldn't be wrong, so someone please if i am give me a heads up. I know there is so much more to this, and that Judgement has begun at the House of God.

So before we can ever attain all this we must be put through the Lake of Fire.

Anyway anyone add whatever you want! Let us ALL learn something from this, God willing.

In Christ,

Alex
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:08:39 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

Laren

Re: Salvation, A process? Your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 12:33:55 AM »

I agree, it is a process, a continuing process. 

1Jo 5:4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1Jo 5:5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold thatperisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1Pe 1:9  Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

2Pe 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2Pe 1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

RobRoyal

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:35:32 AM »

Totally agree, I think most Christians have the question wrong. Instead of "am I saved?' the question should be "how much have I saved?" 1 Corinthians 3:15-20 talks about that, how much of what I do in a day is just wood hay and stubble which will be burned up on   "the Day" and how much is "gold silver and costly stones", my "treasures in heaven" as Jesus put it in Matthew 6:20. How much of me of what I think of as "me" is going to be left after it meets with His "consuming fire"? Precious little I imagine, but I still have time for Him to change and mould me by His spirit. And after reading Rays "Lake of Fire" series I am convinced it is better to let Him do it here on earth through "life's firey trials" rather than on that "Day". "Judgement is to start now in the house of God" the scripture says. (can someone help me with a reference there?) I think that's why I so often mistake blessings for curses.
God bless all'
Rob

ned

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »

What is salvation?

I used to think that "saved" meant being saved from going into hell.
After God opened my eyes, I pondered what might "save" mean.  Saved from what if there is no hell? As I looked through scripture, I was pointed to the evil generation. Or more basically, saved from being bound to this world; where Satan is the prince, running to and fro.

It amazes me how many millions of people (2 billion) actually believe what church teaches them; that being saved means being saved from going to hell, if they took the time to verify what they're told, they would read what the bible means when it speaks about "being saved".

Luk 1:71  That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hands of all that hate us;

Act 2:40  And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.

Because we know Jesus, He in us, we in Him, we are saved from this evil generation.  No longer part of it, foreigners on the outside looking in.

To tie this in with your original post, Alex, the first step; "being called".  These are the one's who have said the simple prayer .
Even though they THINK they are saved from hell, really are in a sense saved from this evil generation in their OWN perception. They see life is better for them than the non-believer because they perceive they have more (spiritually) than the average fellow, they perceive they (alone with all other believers only) are going to heaven, and so their life means more (to them). Carnal. 

But they do not know step 2 (chosen), step 3 (faithful) or step 4 (overcoming).
Yet.

Much more to be said on this topic, I'm sure.
Looking forward.
Marie

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:05:43 AM by Marie »

ned

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:49:10 AM »

"Judgement is to start now in the house of God" the scripture says. (can someone help me with a reference there?) I think that's why I so often mistake blessings for curses. God bless all' Rob 

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them thay obey not the gospel of God?

Isa 10:12  Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria and the glory of his high looks.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:50:33 AM »

Marie, i agree with everything you said, except step 2 was;

CHOSEN

Step 3,

Faithfull,

and finaly being an OVERCOMER (4)

I'm sure that was just a typo though ;)

Great posts guys keep them coming, let us uplift each other!

With love to all,

Alex

ned

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 02:04:19 AM »

ooops. You're right...I changed my original post. Thanks  ;)

chuckusa

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 04:33:00 AM »

Alex,

Isn't it amazing when the love of God, makes this "process" real in our lives, when we see it and experience it...instead of just talking about it?

When the words come alive and work within us, love takes on a whole new meaning.

It's a great subject to contemplate, this thread. Thanks Alex.

Chuck

Chris R

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »

Hi,

It is a process, salvation is comming to all, but to each man in his own order, which makes the following scripture so clear " If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." [1Cr 15:19]   

Peace

Chris R

buddyjc

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 02:15:02 PM »

It definitely is a process, and this process goes on till the day we die.  I was just thinking about this again this morning. 

Phi 1:29  For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Suffering for the sake of Christ is a part of sanctification, and sanctification is the process of making us look like Christ. 

2Th 2:13  But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Just believing in Christ will not save you.  We must suffer for the sake of Christ, and even though this does not make us 'happy' it brings a joy and peace that passes even our own understanding.  Many of you know what my family and I have been going through lately.  I know that all things are of God, and even Anna having diabetes is a part of this.  This has added a lot more heartache in my life, but I know that I am in the hands of the Father, and there is no other place I would rather be.  Happiness centers around our circumstances or 'happenings' in our life.  If things are going well, we are happy, but 'joy' is something totally different.  You can have joy even when you suffer.  I count it all joy to suffer for the sake of Jesus Christ.  I also believe that suffering drives us to our knees before God.  It teaches us to completely rely on Him. 

Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Phi 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Phi 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phi 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Act 20:23  Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Act 20:24  But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Brian

Lightseeker

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »

I've always supported the idea of 'salvation is progressive'.  It progresses from spirit to soul to body.  Your spirit is saved when you get 'Justified' 'born again' or 'regenerated'.  You then 'work out the salvation' of your soul (mind will emotions) in the process of sanctification or by renewing the carnal mind to the mind of Christ.  At the judgment seat of Christ where ALL will be judged for their works, we who were 'called' in this age will receive saved or glorified bodies (no longer capable of death).

Spirit= Justification   (regeneration or rebirth)   By faith IN Jesus
Soul=  Sanctification (renewal of mind)            By the faith OF Jesus
Body= Glorification   (Conversion of walk)         By obedience TO Jesus

I am saved in my spirit, I am being saved in my soul, and I will receive a saved body whose glory will be determined by how much salvation took place in my soul thereby accomplishing righteous works and not works of unrighteousness or self righteousness.

I know this doesn't work for those who only believe we are only a spirit, body which then = a soul. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 04:51:36 PM by Lightseeker »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

Alex,

Isn't it amazing when the love of God, makes this "process" real in our lives, when we see it and experience it...instead of just talking about it?

When the words come alive and work within us, love takes on a whole new meaning.

It's a great subject to contemplate, this thread. Thanks Alex.

Chuck

It truly is chuck, and i can attest that for the first timein my life i have felt the fire from the refiner, and it is powerfull and destructive on the carnal beast within me, however tough it is, i rejoice because i knwo the beast is slowly being done away with. Praise God! It hurts but its all for the better.

Thank you for participating chuck!

God bless,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »

It definitely is a process, and this process goes on till the day we die.  I was just thinking about this again this morning. 

Phi 1:29  For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Suffering for the sake of Christ is a part of sanctification, and sanctification is the process of making us look like Christ. 

2Th 2:13  But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Just believing in Christ will not save you.  We must suffer for the sake of Christ, and even though this does not make us 'happy' it brings a joy and peace that passes even our own understanding.  Many of you know what my family and I have been going through lately.  I know that all things are of God, and even Anna having diabetes is a part of this.  This has added a lot more heartache in my life, but I know that I am in the hands of the Father, and there is no other place I would rather be.  Happiness centers around our circumstances or 'happenings' in our life.  If things are going well, we are happy, but 'joy' is something totally different.  You can have joy even when you suffer.  I count it all joy to suffer for the sake of Jesus Christ.  I also believe that suffering drives us to our knees before God.  It teaches us to completely rely on Him. 

Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Phi 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Phi 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phi 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Act 20:23  Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Act 20:24  But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Brian

Hey Brian, i'm sorry to hear whats happening to your family brother, but if it brings any comfort i too just went through osme very tough and trying times in my life, and felt the refiners fire.

I will agree that happyness, and JOY are two different things. I know i wasn't happy when teh beast in me was being purged and still has to be purged for the rest of my life, but i know i was over joyed that the Lord was treating me as a Son and not a *******, and that He was working in me. Its a long process that takes all our lives, but we can definatly be overjoyed that He deals with us as sons and not ********! Praise God!

Brian we are all your family here and care very much about you, you are not alone brother!

With much love,

Alex

Karen

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 08:55:48 PM »

I agree that Salvation is a process.A life time process. And I believe that its for all mankind. But in stages.~Karen~

orion77

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 01:08:05 AM »

Alex, great thread and input.  I agree it is a process, if it wasn't I messed up again,  ;D.  To endure, and overcome has no place in a 10 second prayer.  Takes time, a lifetime, through trials, tribulations, persecutions.

Through a prayer many years ago, being a young man, God came into this life.  A vow was made and He has always kept His part, but it took over 20 years to keep my part.  His patience amazes me to no end.  Through the many, many mistakes made on my part, He has always been there, like a patient Father, waiting for me to come around.  There are no words that can thank Him enough, just in the same way the joy, that was given by Him, it's beyond explaining.

To put on the mind of Christ, being crucified with Him, takes time like a refiners fire, to be purified unto righteousness, and after all this time and experience, we can not boast as if we did it ourselves, it is all of Him.

Salvation is in knowing through suffering, that God, our Maker, really, really loves us, and not just in mere words, but through Life, and that Life, is the Light of mankind.  Yet, as the scripture says, many prefer the darkness. 

My prayer is that all here, will not be ashamed when the Day comes.

God bless,

Gary

buddyjc

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 01:29:37 PM »

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I love you all.

Brian

john wimbs

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 02:43:40 PM »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »

Amen to your post orion, and John i think i will have to check out those links because i have not heard them as of now.

Thanks for posting the links.

In Christ,

Alex

Layla

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 01:11:35 AM »

Hi Marie

I feel compelled to write that I do not mean to be a thorn with this response.  I am offering my comments in the spirit of edification.  It's just that sometimes I read something that I feel might be misunderstood by those with tender ears.

I used to think that "saved" meant being saved from going into hell.
After God opened my eyes, I pondered what might "save" mean.  Saved from what if there is no hell? As I looked through scripture, I was pointed to the evil generation. Or more basically, saved from being bound to this world; where Satan is the prince, running to and fro.

I think what you mean Marie is that there is no hell as portrayed by the Harlot Church ...the eternal hellfire....but your statement read "there is no hell."  Certainly there is a hell.  It is the grave (death).  And this is exactly what Jesus Christ came to save us from.

Peace,
Layla

ned

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:46:28 AM »

I think what you mean Marie is that there is no hell as portrayed by the Harlot Church ...the eternal hellfire....but your statement read "there is no hell." Certainly there is a hell. It is the grave (death).

Hi Layla,
Thanks for clarifying, yes..."hell as portrayed by the harlot church"....that is what I meant...you're right, I shouldn't assume "tender ears" would understand.

In Unity,
Marie
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.