bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5572 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:42:26 AM »

Now that I got your attention, Mr Smith, I would like your comments on a brief subject.

If God causes circumstances that influences your decisions, then He is responsible for your desires. Correct?
If you are lazy or have no desire to accomplish anything in your life, then if must be God. Correct? Of if you desire to succeed in life, be accomplished in any profession, then it must be God. Correct? So, if God causes circumstances, then God must give you the desire to pray for accomplishment of that desire. Correct? If God causes (inspire) a person to pray for something (material or nonmaterial), then we should be excited and pray for it and follow-up with action to accomplish it.  What is your thoughts on this?

Thank you for your response.

Joe V.

P.S. I read your article on Answered Prayer. (to pray for God's will)

Dear Joe:
No, I have never said or suggested all of the things you state above. I understand that these things are "spiritually discerned," and that people frustrate themselves over trying to understand spiritual things with a carnal mind. When a man rapes a little girl, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  When one prays to be rich and famous, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  ALL IS OF GOD, but not is all of God directly.  God created man--man SINS, God if free from sin and never sins or MAKES OR FORCES anyone to sin. Neither does He FORCE people to be rich or famous. God created man and man chooses what he does based on the strongest motivation in his heart.
And most people's heart consists of lust, lies, blasphemy and the like.

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of HIS OWN LUSTS [whether for bad and evil things or for for what we may perceive as good things which may not be good or righteous things], and enticed" (James 1:13-14).

Man has the ability to make choices. He does not have the ability to make choices that are free from any cause. The "cause" of most of our choices is our mind and heart.  And of the abundance of our heart, our mind thinks, our tongue speaks, and in our body we take physical action.  Only God can give us a "new" and pure heart.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.