> General Discussions

Wrong idea or wrong god?

(1/6) > >>

lareli:
Do they have the wrong idea about God or do they have a totally different god altogether?

They who believe in an eternal hell, freewill etc etc.

Dennis Vogel:
Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 

indianabob:
Friend Lareli,

I like to keep in mind that there has to be a false church for those of the elect to come out of.
God presents us with contrasts between good and evil so that we learn to appreciate the good.
Indiana Bob

=
Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
=
2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 
=
Isa 45:5  I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 
Isa 45:6  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 
Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these
=
Also to follow Dennis' point we have this:

Luk 9:49  And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 
Luk 9:50  And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. 

Dave in Tenn:
Php 3:18  For many walk as hostile to the cross of Christ, of whom I often told you, and now even weeping I say it,
Php 3:19  whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and who glory in their shame, the ones thinking earthly things.
Php 3:20  For our citizenship is in Heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Php 3:21  who will transform our body of humiliation, for it to be conformed to His body of glory, according to the working of Him to be able even to subject all things under Himself.

"wrong" god vs. "right" God.

Yet...

1Co 8:4  ...we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.
1Co 8:5  For even if some are called gods, either in the heavens (the heavenlies, the heavens of men's minds) or on the earth; (even as there are many gods, and many lords);
1Co 8:6  but to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Clearly many are not worshiping the "right" god and are worshiping the "wrong god".  But it may also be that some are simply not WORSHIPING the right God.  "For many shall say to Me then, "Lord, Lord..."  Instead they are worshiping their "free" choices, or their doctrines and traditions, or their assumption of the rights and attributes of God, or whatever.  I'll let the Lord sort us all out.

lareli:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on September 22, 2021, 06:59:01 PM ---Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

--- End quote ---

Does this apply to all who name their god ‘Christ’?

Their Christ says ‘I love you.. but if you don’t love me back I’ll send you to a burning pit of hell to be tortured beyond all comprehension forever. With no chance of ever getting out.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version