> General Discussions

Wrong idea or wrong god?

<< < (2/6) > >>

lareli:
I had a pastor who would tell of conversations he would have with individuals where one would say to him ‘I don’t believe in your god who just sits idly by waiting for me to mess up so he can punish me..” to which the pastor would say “I don’t believe in that god either”. Making the point that his god was a different one than the one being described by the individual.

Which raises the question I posted. The god of the false church would be a ‘false’ god right? Or is it enough to believe that Christ is the son of God who died for the forgiveness of sin.. those who are called ‘son of the devil’ is their god the devil masquerading as an angel of light? Is their god their belly?

Or is their christ, Christ and they are just deceived about his plan, will, and character..

octoberose:
Well, at issue as I see it is - do they really believe in the Christ we know? Is it just semantics that the Christian church believes that Christ is the second part of a trinity ?  Or that the death and burial of Christ is a cornerstone of our belief , but they don’t think he actually died- just changed his address ?  How are you resurrected if you weren’t dead ? Or that He is really not the Savior of the World, just the savior of those who choose him ?   Having said all that, I know a lot of church people who will give up their lives for the Christ that they do believe in- the Christ who is a failure , the Christ who never tasted death- but he is the Christ that they love.   God will do as He wills with them and I’m counting on His Mercy.

indianabob:
God has a plan for everyone.
God didn't fill the earth with people at the beginning, because God wanted to share the creation process, human reproduction, with the creatures He made and because God wanted them/us to learn by what we suffered, just as Lord Jesus had to learn.
So each subsequent generation lived long enough, on the average, to learn how much they needed God and then God put them to sleep to rest until the times of regeneration of all things.

Those who are being called in this age are not better than any others or more
deserving of salvation, they are just pioneers who go ahead of the others to prepare the way.

I'm pretty sure that when we are changed to our immortal bodies that we will have a lot to learn and a lot to do in service to our Lord and all the people who will come after.
It will be a great adventure and I'm looking forward to it.

Indiana Bob

Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn:
Yes, the same Christ. 

Remember, it's not only liars who have a place in the Lake of Fire.  It's also the "timid".  The Lord knows all hearts.  I can't help but believe that all sincere Christians will experience the same odd mixture of joy, shame and worship I experienced the night my eyes unclosed.  To what extent each experiences each is unique to each as they have been formed.  Same as us.

Every knee shall bow, and every tongue declare without reservation Jesus Christ is Lord.

Dennis Vogel:
The church does not understand what we know but this is who we are:

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version