> Off Topic Discussions

Did They Find Sodom? Maybe?

(1/3) > >>

ZekeSr:
It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/meteor-destroyed-ancient-city-likely-inspired-bible-tale-of-sodom-study-finds/

Mike

Wendy:
Wow definitely an amazing find i think there going to find more stuff as we near the end.
God bless all

indianabob:
I would respectfully disagree with the video in that it attributes the destruction to a meteor rather than the power of God to rain down fire at His word. They still want to make it a "natural" event or coincidence rather than one directed by Almighty God. Of course we know better.

--- Quote from: ZekeSr on September 28, 2021, 02:56:33 PM ---It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/meteor-destroyed-ancient-city-likely-inspired-bible-tale-of-sodom-study-finds/

Mike

--- End quote ---

ZekeSr:

--- Quote from: indianabob on September 29, 2021, 02:01:37 AM ---I would respectfully disagree with the video in that it attributes the destruction to a meteor rather than the power of God to rain down fire at His word. They still want to make it a "natural" event or coincidence rather than one directed by Almighty God. Of course we know better.

--- Quote from: ZekeSr on September 28, 2021, 02:56:33 PM ---It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

Mike

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hello Bob,

Yes... Of course the article attributes it to a "natural" event. And, to them, it is. But we know better. I don't believe there is any such thing as a "natural" event in the pure sense. The fact that God may have used an air burst from a meteor that just "happened" to come in at exactly the right time is not surprising to me at all.  All is of God who knows the end from the beginning. Personally, I believe that everything has been "set in stone" from the moment the universe burst into existence, including the possible timing of a meteor billions of years later. It's a concept that is beyond my own human ability to actually fathom as reality, even though I believe it. Much the same way that it is impossible as a human to truly understand the size and scope of the universe; or the fact that everything that exists in the physical world is not solid, but 99.99999% "empty" space. Even our bodies, which really are "scientifically" the dust of the ground, are made of elements that were forged in the heart of exploding stars eons ago.
By-the-way, as another interesting side note to the story: If you study the origin of the words in the the account of Lot being told to not "look back" and Lot's wife having did just that, it may very well be a way of describing that she lamented leaving and may have tarried behind, remained on the plain and possibly was even headed back to Sodom. To quote the article's description: "The study speculated that an airburst above the highly salty Dead Sea may have distributed “hypersaline water” across the area." The biblical story may be a rather poetic but accurate way of describing what actually happened to her.

Mike

AwesomeSavior:
Yes, Sodom and Gomorrah have been found along the Dead Sea in Israel:

https://youtu.be/oG3QsisQrkc

Warning: There is some babylonian theology implied during the last 90 seconds of the video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version