bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book of enoch  (Read 3356 times)

Wendy

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Book of enoch
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:31:10 AM »

Hello brothers and sisters,

I was talking with my son in. law about the bible he started talking and quoting stuff from the book of enoch . About satan being a fallen angel which i know isnt true he said a few other things that didnt make sense .does anyone know what Rays thoughts on that book are ive never read it just wondering what he thought or others who are familer with it thanks.

God bless
Wendy

ralph

Re: Book of enoch
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »

Not sure what Ray's thoughts were on this book but I will tell you mine because I have read bits of it just to be educated on what it's about.  It's garbage.  Packed full of heresy.  People read and believe it and other books not included in the Bible because the Bible isn't enough for them.  It's just like that new show "The Chosen". God doesn't give them the understanding, or as Ray used to say: "They despise the Word of God!",  so they seek knowledge elsewhere.  I am confident in saying Ray would agree with me.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10:17:00 PM »

Hi Wendy,
Enoch is certainly questionable and could be misleading.
For example many assume that Enoch went to the third heaven because God apparently transported him to another location while still living. Heb 11:5, Gen 5:24
God did the same with Philip after he had obeyed and taught the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:26-39-40
So if it seem mysterious then use care with your study.
My personal thought is that the letters of Paul are the most helpful in understanding how better to please God.

Indiana Bob

I was talking with my son in. law about the bible he started talking and quoting stuff from the book of enoch . About satan being a fallen angel which i know isnt true he said a few other things that didnt make sense .does anyone know what Rays thoughts on that book are ive never read it just wondering what he thought or others who are familer with it thanks.

God bless
Wendy

ralph

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 08:52:58 PM »

Hi Wendy,
Enoch is certainly questionable and could be misleading.
For example many assume that Enoch went to the third heaven because God apparently transported him to another location while still living. Heb 11:5, Gen 5:24
God did the same with Philip after he had obeyed and taught the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:26-39-40
So if it seem mysterious then use care with your study.
My personal thought is that the letters of Paul are the most helpful in understanding how better to please God.

Indiana Bob

The Book of Enoch is far worse than questionable and misleading.  It is a doctrine of devils. If you aren't careful, it can seduce and corrupt you.

God bless
Wendy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.