bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan a murderer from the beginning..  (Read 2146 times)

ralph

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Satan a murderer from the beginning..
« on: December 22, 2021, 11:30:36 PM »

Someone asked me this question about John 8:44 recently:  "How could God create a person as one who had already slayed a man?"

I confess I am a bit confused by this question. I believe the scripture, I am just not sure how to answer the question. The only thing that came to mind when I asked God was this:

1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 

I searched Ray's emails and someone asked a similar question.  Ray responded by saying: "Satan's job is to DECEIVE THE WHOLE WORLD. And so Satan had Abel MURDERED through Cain."

Thoughts please.  Thank you.

zvezda

Re: Satan a murderer from the beginning..
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 11:54:12 AM »

https://biblehub.com/greek/443.htm

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 443: ἀνθρωποκτόνος

ἀνθρωποκτόνος, ἀνθρωποκτονον (κτείνω to kill), a manslayer, murderer: John 8:44. contextually, to be deemed equal to a murderer

I think it means Satan is a natural born murder, that's his purpose for existing.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »

https://biblehub.com/greek/443.htm

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 443: ἀνθρωποκτόνος

ἀνθρωποκτόνος, ἀνθρωποκτονον (κτείνω to kill), a manslayer, murderer: John 8:44. contextually, to be deemed equal to a murderer

I think it means Satan is a natural born murder, that's his purpose for existing.

=  = =
Agree Zvezda, Satan was never a "good angel" as many assume, in Isa 14:12. Satan was created to fulfil the purpose God had for him from his creation, to be the accuser of the "Brethren".

Also in 1Jo 3:15, the passage should read, No murder has life of the "aionios" or the age to come abiding in him.
Indiana Bob
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 12:30:45 PM by indianabob »

ralph

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 07:42:59 PM »

I agree.  I don't believe he was ever good and then became what he is now.    The person who asked the question wanted to know how it is possible for Satan to be created already a murderer.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 08:54:27 PM »

I agree.  I don't believe he was ever good and then became what he is now.    The person who asked the question wanted to know how it is possible for Satan to be created already a murderer.

Thanks Ralph,
Well if I may add a little, since God planned all things from the beginning and counted the cost
before starting this creation, then it seems to follow that Satan's role was well defined before Satan was created to be the Adversary, Apollyon, enemy, god of this age, and the murderer of God's people.
There is nothing that GOD has not planned for HIS great purpose, nothing is left to chance or to the will of MAN or to the will of Satan!.

Bob
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 11:45:33 AM by indianabob »

ralph

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »

Thanks Bob.  I appreciate the response Bro. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.