bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good time to share  (Read 3515 times)

Scribbles

A good time to share
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »

As the title of this forum is 'testimonies, prayer requests, and fellowship'....I have been wondering how to title another post, and realized I could use em all.....lol.....I've previously given a brief testimony a few weeks ago. I've been spending so much time reading, studying, and praying. A recent thread about compassion has said it all. This is "my" place that He's led me to be here, and to stay. Let me mention one thing first. I'm deaf.....have been since about the age of 3, because of measles. Imagine being deaf and being in so many different kinds of churches, and not once....again, not once, did anyone come sit with me to explain the unscriptural errors of the church's ways...They were all given to me by my Lord. He even brought me out of a cult that was one of those "faith" churches. After that was the circit of non-denominationals...oh my...wont even go into what I saw in some of them. For years, I "knew" that I was going to simply stay home, and be with God, in that way. Until I came here, I was still wondering about "belonging" to a church or something, somewhere, because I didn't want the Lord to come and find me out of 'fellowship', out of a 'flock', etc.....and not be included in His wonderful plans.
   Here is the other thing I wish to share about myself...and I suppose that includes the prayer request as well. Last year I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm, and nearly died, and was 'suppose' to die, even after finally being taken to the hospital. It was not 'my time' to go, and even though I do have some defictis of the hemmoraging, etc....they are not as severe as most. I'm very blessed indeed. What's more....He's given me this life and have drawn me to His truth. I'm finally living on my own, after living with my daughter and her family for over a year. I'm trying my best to be able to stay here, manage my finances, the apartment, manage myself, and my dear cats....lol.....(just had to mention them....lol ) My mind gets so tired easily. It takes so long to do those 'natural' chores and responsibiities, etc....and here, in His grace...He's given me SO much to read, to study, to absorb, etc...He knows it was time to bring me here, and knew that I would be able to understand, study, etc. all what is being offered. I've also seen the love and compassion here, and it's just simply awesome. I don't mind living on my own. I've been pretty much of a loner all my life, and its what I desire, anyway. And no...I'm NOT getting married again....lol.....
  I'm going to have to start printing off some studies. It will help sort my thoughts out....and that's hard for me to do sometimes. It's hard for me to describe what is going on, but I honestly know that most of you already know. To experience His mercy and grace last year, and during my recovery, and then being led to the scriptural truth....to me, a deafie, and one that went through brain surgery, etc.....It's been a long journey, for sure. And it's a peaceful place to be,knowing that He has brought me back where I'm supposed to be.
  Thanks for listening, for prayers, and for the fellowship.....
Scribbles

gmik

Re: A good time to share
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:16:44 AM »

Thank you for sharing Scribbles.  God Bless you and please post to keep us in the loop!

orion77

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:34:19 AM »

Scribbles, interesting that you are deaf.  My wife is deaf, stepson, my brother, one brother in law, and four sister in laws are deaf.

I have been around deaf culture all of my life, and see that deaf people are blessed with more common sense than us hearing,  ;D.  If you know what I mean.

Deaf, hearing, it does not matter, we are all the same.  Each different in their own ways, yet all loved by God.

We live in eastern Ky.  There are eight deaf living here on this rural road.  They all have the Sorensen VP and keep in contact with their classmates from school and each other.  That is a cool gadget, where they can see each other over the television and communicate.

Hope you are better, and keep the faith.

Deaf are... 8)

God bless,

Gary

ned

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 01:25:27 AM »

Hi Scribbles.
We all have our imperfections in the flesh, yet we are all the same in that we seek and love our Lord.  I thank God we have the hope of the day that will come when we will no longer need the flesh. ALEILUIA!
Nice to hear from you again.
Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.