bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob's big adventure at emergency  (Read 1718 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Bob's big adventure at emergency
« on: December 28, 2021, 12:12:02 AM »

I hadn't been ill since this all began so ten days ago I got a cold, virus, and took meds that led to my bladder being unable to void urine. Went to emergency where they spent 4 hrs. in exam and inserting a cath in my penis to drain a quart of urine. Measured that with ultra sound like looking at a baby in the womb. smile
=
Didn't eat for three days prior to that so now I am even more skinny  ;)
lost about ten lbs of fat and been stuck in a chair or in the house until today when the cath was withdrawn by my Nurse. During treatment I had congestion, runny nose but no temperature, a cough and unable to sleep due to the coughing when I tried to breathe dry air and I had green drainage from sinus according to the doc.
Tested negative for covid and I have not been jabbed.
Feeling much better today and on the road to recovery. Am taking Amoxicillin and Flow max for the enlarged prostrate that led to the blockage.
=
Do you think that I was feeling a little arrogant for not being ill like others and that God gave me a lesson in humility?
Seems that way to me.
Thank you Father for a needed lesson.
Your beloved son Bob  :)

Wendy

Re: Bob's big adventure at emergency
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:31:29 AM »

Hello Bob,

I pray the good Lord heals you.very humbiling story thanks for sharing praise God for all he does and shows us .
Praise  to God😍

God bless
Wendy

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »

Praise to God that it wasn't covid.  Praying also for other forum members who are dealing with this and their families.

Agreed Bob it does humble us as we don't  know when or what health issue might hit us and it seems to be more of us lately.  May God bless you with continued improvement.

PS:  Don't think it was arrogance...  maybe a little age related   ???;)

Diane

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 08:13:27 PM »

Glad your on the mend Bob.  I do a lot of nutritional supplements and exercise daily and am never sick....but I don't take that for granted.  There are people that do everything 'right' and get cancer or something and die young and those like my mother who did everything wrong with drinking, smoking and was a diabetic and not taking care of herself and she died at 92 years old. 

Every day I make a point in my prayers of thanking God for health and also telling him that I don't take it for granted as he can remove physical health at any point along the journey.

Speaking of a Cath as I had never been in the hospital before back in 2003 I did a kidney donation to my sister.  After waking up from the surgery they had a Foley catheter in me and they leave it in as most males can't pee for awhile after surgery like that.  I rang the nurse and wanted that catheter OUT!  They took it out and a few hours later I had to go to the bathroom and nothing happened.  After a few tries I had to admit defeat and push the button for the nurse. 

I explained to her what my problem is and she walked out of the room and then walked in with something that looked to me like a garden hose.  That darn thing was at least 18" long and I knew it was a mismatch.  I had no idea the male urethra was that long.  I didn't like the idea of being tubed while conscious but sure was glad for the relief.  And yeah, that was humbling as well.  Lost some dignity that day.   ;D

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »

Arion
Thanks for the sympathy.
I also had to walk around Walmart with a quart bag hanging from my belt to shop for my wife.
Try explaining that to the store clerk.
Ha ha.
I'll be so happy to get my new "spirit body" that doesn't need to eat or drink.
Bob

ralph

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 05:19:01 PM »

Glad you are feeling better Bob.  That sounded like quite the ordeal. Take it easy bro.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »

You have a great attitude Eugene. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.
Bobs big adventure sounds like a tv show .😁

My husband also had an adventure in emergency twice in as many weeks, he too is doing better.

We are surrounded by suffering. Long Suffering

James 5:7-8,,,, Be patient therefore brothers , until the coming of the Lord,
                        See how the Farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth,
                         being patient about it until it receives the early and late rains.
                        You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the
                         Lord is at hand.

Patience,,,,, Long- suffering,,,,,, waiting for something that you can’t have now.

Waiting is really hard, may Our Lord give us the endurance we need to overcome.
In Jesus name, Amen

In Christ, Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 12:05:45 AM »

Thank you Pamela,

Many folks in the society around us suffer much more that we do, but we have an advocate in our Lord Jesus that most of them do not recognize or accept. We then, of all people, are greatly blessed to understand that our redeemer lives and cares for us in our everyday concerns and needs.
That is a very large difference for us.... :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »

Words of wisdom Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.