> General Discussions

Aggressive Drivers... Does it mean anything?

(1/2) > >>

ZekeSr:
I'm not sure if this is truly relevant, but it has nevertheless crossed my mind. There seems to be far more aggressive drivers driving at ever increasing speeds. This includes the overall speed and (before passing) unnecessary confrontational tailgating by the general driving public. At least in my area, this has become quite noticeable over the past few years and, just recently, has been escalating at a more rapid pace. To my way of thinking, it is an indication of something that goes deeper than the city streets and highways. Just another tiny bit on the tip of the iceberg.

Mat 24:12  And because lawlessness shall have been multiplied, the love of the many will grow cold. 

Any thoughts?

Mike

Dennis Vogel:
I have a friend in England that noticed the same thing. I suspect it has to do with covid and the frustration resulting from the lock-downs, job lose, etc.

No politics please.

ZekeSr:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on January 10, 2022, 10:51:15 AM ---I have a friend in England that noticed the same thing. I suspect it has to do with covid and the frustration resulting from the lock-downs, job lose, etc.

No politics please.

--- End quote ---

I think you’re absolutely correct in that assumption, Dennis. And I really-really don’t want this to become political either. I’m more interested in the long-term effect rather than placing blame. I wonder if this way of behaving becomes endemic and more or less permanent—and more a symptom of something deeper as this age progresses. How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

lareli:

--- Quote from: ZekeSr on January 11, 2022, 08:51:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on January 10, 2022, 10:51:15 AM ---I have a friend in England that noticed the same thing. I suspect it has to do with covid and the frustration resulting from the lock-downs, job lose, etc.

No politics please.

--- End quote ---

How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

--- End quote ---

The writing has been on the wall and people have been predicting/warning about all this for over a decade.

ZekeSr:

--- Quote from: lareli on January 11, 2022, 01:29:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: ZekeSr on January 11, 2022, 08:51:36 AM ---

No politics please.

--- End quote ---

How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

--- End quote ---

The writing has been on the wall and people have been predicting/warning about all this for over a decade.

--- End quote ---

Hi Lareli,

What I find fascinating about all this is not the trend itself toward a certain general attitude or world circumstance, but the means by which it all comes about. I’ve been consciously observing these events since the early seventies. The best way I can describe it is that it’s like a staircase where we’re headed for the bottom one step at a time. There’s a pause at each step and sometimes we even take a step or two back up. But the general trend is downward, and you never know what’s going to cause that next step down. Who knows? Maybe someday we will stumble and take a fall straight to the bottom.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version