bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aggressive Drivers... Does it mean anything?  (Read 2056 times)

ZekeSr

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Aggressive Drivers... Does it mean anything?
« on: January 10, 2022, 08:50:16 AM »

I'm not sure if this is truly relevant, but it has nevertheless crossed my mind. There seems to be far more aggressive drivers driving at ever increasing speeds. This includes the overall speed and (before passing) unnecessary confrontational tailgating by the general driving public. At least in my area, this has become quite noticeable over the past few years and, just recently, has been escalating at a more rapid pace. To my way of thinking, it is an indication of something that goes deeper than the city streets and highways. Just another tiny bit on the tip of the iceberg.

Mat 24:12  And because lawlessness shall have been multiplied, the love of the many will grow cold. 

Any thoughts?

Mike

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Aggressive Drivers... Does it mean anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:51:15 AM »

I have a friend in England that noticed the same thing. I suspect it has to do with covid and the frustration resulting from the lock-downs, job lose, etc.

No politics please.

ZekeSr

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 08:51:36 AM »

I have a friend in England that noticed the same thing. I suspect it has to do with covid and the frustration resulting from the lock-downs, job lose, etc.

No politics please.

I think you’re absolutely correct in that assumption, Dennis. And I really-really don’t want this to become political either. I’m more interested in the long-term effect rather than placing blame. I wonder if this way of behaving becomes endemic and more or less permanent—and more a symptom of something deeper as this age progresses. How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

lareli

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 01:29:23 PM »

No politics please.

How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

The writing has been on the wall and people have been predicting/warning about all this for over a decade.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ZekeSr

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 08:43:30 AM »

No politics please.

How certain events can trigger consequences and issues in a way that no one could have predicted.

Mike

The writing has been on the wall and people have been predicting/warning about all this for over a decade.

Hi Lareli,

What I find fascinating about all this is not the trend itself toward a certain general attitude or world circumstance, but the means by which it all comes about. I’ve been consciously observing these events since the early seventies. The best way I can describe it is that it’s like a staircase where we’re headed for the bottom one step at a time. There’s a pause at each step and sometimes we even take a step or two back up. But the general trend is downward, and you never know what’s going to cause that next step down. Who knows? Maybe someday we will stumble and take a fall straight to the bottom.

Mike

Joel

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 11:54:45 AM »

My thoughts only
 My daughter has two sons and they are as different as night and day.
The oldest grandson is shy and withdrawn a lot like I was as a young person and knows all there is to know about tech equipment shy and few friends
 The younger grandson is mister personality with lots of friends like his dad.
 I observe people a lot, I ran printing presses for 26 years and in my eyes was one of the best in my area in ( N. C. ) My employers recognized my ability, GOD given to me. One manager knew it was a God given talent and told me so. He was Catholic by the way.
 I worked at that plant just shy of 20 years before it merged with Avery and became Avery Dennison. Some people up North think people from the south crawled from under a rock and can't tie their shoes. Well I was sent to Philly Pa. with another guy to train on presses Pa. had worn out and wanted to send back to N.C. A write off that eventually ended up in Mexico plant. Lots of big corp. high productivity management stuff. I went from A.D. to a place in Charlotte called Jordan Graphics in 93. I worked there three years and thought it was a nice place to work. That factory was started by a local guy that built the business on his own into a thriving business.
 He ran it all his working career.
When he retired either he or his family wanted it sold. Another local family the Dixons bought the printing company. Their company was known as Ruddick Co. and they own the grocery stores in the area know as Harris Teeter. and also A and E. sewing plants in the area.

I said all that to say this. I worked with a supervisor that even in my eyes was the best I had ever seen. One heck of a nice man too.
 As I said before I observe people, and watched him like a hawk to see what I could learn from him. He did it with very little effort.
 I watched the people that were not good press people also and learned from them as well. The Bible says you can learn from a fool.
Heres the thing. The young grandson is in to all the gaming stuff. I was at their house and he wanted be to watch him play a game where you pick a fast car and try to beat a set time limit.
He was crashing it into trees , buildings, and any thing to beat another person  he played againsst. My thought is thats how young people think they can do out on the real highway. Nascar type stuff back in my early days. I told him that would never work in the real world. So maybe you know where I'm coming from.
Did this in a rush, must go to rehab, the guy is waiting on me as I do this. God Bless you all
Joel

lareli

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 10:30:06 PM »

No politics please.

Mike

Hi Lareli,

What I find fascinating about all this is not the trend itself toward a certain general attitude or world circumstance, but the means by which it all comes about. I’ve been consciously observing these events since the early seventies. The best way I can describe it is that it’s like a staircase where we’re headed for the bottom one step at a time. There’s a pause at each step and sometimes we even take a step or two back up. But the general trend is downward, and you never know what’s going to cause that next step down. Who knows? Maybe someday we will stumble and take a fall straight to the bottom.

Mike

Step by step down the stairs or degree by degree in the boiling water.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKJchg3eQuE

There’s nothing new under the sun.

There’s a reason for the saying “those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it” and also “we learn from history that we do not learn from history”

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.