> General Discussions

how to address Jesus in the resurrection

(1/14) > >>

indianabob:
High folks,
New topic to peruse and comment upon.
When we are made immortal and see the Lord as he actually is...how will we relate to him, as Lord, yes and as our friend and as our Elder brother as well.
Think of the relationship we will have with Christ Jesus and with one another then.
=
Consider John 15:7-17
 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 

AK4:
Bob

I constantly think about this. I think on this like "wow we will be the only generation that will never ever die, or at least the 1st and for that Father and Jesus, thank you thank you thank you!!!"

My thought is that that generation will have something unique that no other, at least in the past, will ever have. Not making them more special than others but aaaaayyyyeeee...Hopefully we will be those special people. Just imagine what we could talk about on that

I live by this verse 1 Cor 15:51 Behold I show you a mystery, We shall not all sleep, but we all shall be changed in a instant, in a twinkling of an eye...

indianabob:
Good day AK4,
That's Anthony right?
You said we are those who would never die physically.
Well I'm old and I think when I'm caught away to be with Jesus that I'll leave this old husk behind.
Think about it, if Jesus returns to take me and I just disappear people will wonder and keep looking for me or my body. So I tend to believe that I'll just get a new body and leave this 1935 version with all of it's scars here to rot.
Second, I think we are special. Not that it is, because of anything we have done or accomplished.
Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
I should also mention that we should not let our special gift go to our heads. Be humble and meek.
We are servants, bought with a price to bring others into the kingdom later.
1Cor 1:26-31

Indy Bob

Dennis Vogel:
We are Not Resurrected as Physical Beings:  https://youtu.be/cSZDvJrOxKw

indianabob:
Good morning Dennis,
Thank you for adding that information.
Ray explained it quite well.
We have a miraculous change coming and it is not easy to explain how different our new existence will be.
I'm sure that we will be very pleased to learn what God has done to us and for us.

Indy Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version