bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: how to address Jesus in the resurrection  (Read 8446 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
how to address Jesus in the resurrection
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:59:50 PM »

High folks,
New topic to peruse and comment upon.
When we are made immortal and see the Lord as he actually is...how will we relate to him, as Lord, yes and as our friend and as our Elder brother as well.
Think of the relationship we will have with Christ Jesus and with one another then.
=
Consider John 15:7-17
 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 

AK4

Re: how to address Jesus in the resurrection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 05:31:31 PM »

Bob

I constantly think about this. I think on this like "wow we will be the only generation that will never ever die, or at least the 1st and for that Father and Jesus, thank you thank you thank you!!!"

My thought is that that generation will have something unique that no other, at least in the past, will ever have. Not making them more special than others but aaaaayyyyeeee...Hopefully we will be those special people. Just imagine what we could talk about on that

I live by this verse 1 Cor 15:51 Behold I show you a mystery, We shall not all sleep, but we all shall be changed in a instant, in a twinkling of an eye...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:34:12 PM by AK4 »
Question everything. Question everything until you come to the Truth. When you come to the truth, question that truth. This in return will confirm the your truth...or destroy it.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 11:33:51 PM »

Good day AK4,
That's Anthony right?
You said we are those who would never die physically.
Well I'm old and I think when I'm caught away to be with Jesus that I'll leave this old husk behind.
Think about it, if Jesus returns to take me and I just disappear people will wonder and keep looking for me or my body. So I tend to believe that I'll just get a new body and leave this 1935 version with all of it's scars here to rot.
Second, I think we are special. Not that it is, because of anything we have done or accomplished.
Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
I should also mention that we should not let our special gift go to our heads. Be humble and meek.
We are servants, bought with a price to bring others into the kingdom later.
1Cor 1:26-31

Indy Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 09:41:12 AM »

We are Not Resurrected as Physical Beings:  https://youtu.be/cSZDvJrOxKw
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:44:23 AM by Dennis Vogel »

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 11:14:12 AM »

Good morning Dennis,
Thank you for adding that information.
Ray explained it quite well.
We have a miraculous change coming and it is not easy to explain how different our new existence will be.
I'm sure that we will be very pleased to learn what God has done to us and for us.

Indy Bob

AK4

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 04:47:10 PM »

Yes Dennis I know. The whole chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians is explaining that starting at verse 51. It's an amazing thought that no other religion/teaching has that mortal man will be changed instantly to an immortal man and we will know that we made it, we have been changed, given immortality. 

Think about it, you finally have death demolished and you know it. You are part of that generation that fulfills this prophesy. Maybe it's just me but this is one of the best and wonderful prophecies in the scriptures ever given to mankind...that you can be part of the generation that never ever dies.

Btw this has nothing to do with the false rapture teachings out there
Question everything. Question everything until you come to the Truth. When you come to the truth, question that truth. This in return will confirm the your truth...or destroy it.

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 01:42:35 AM »

Hi again Anthony,
What scriptures can you reference that describe the differences in our new body?
When Jesus had been resurrected and was visiting his friends in their secret meeting place
that was securely closed against intruders, he suddenly appeared inside the room without
opening a door. Can anyone explain that?

Wendy

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 05:36:29 AM »

Definitly is something to think about and amazing going from mortal to immortal.
Jesus must of tranformed Himself some how if He can enter n leave a room without useing a door or window.
Whats also amazing is He ate with the decipled to .so does that mean will be able to change our bodies to.
God bless

AK4

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 01:07:05 PM »

Heya Bob

"What scriptures can you reference that describe the differences in our new body?"---The differences...Hmmm in 1 Cor 15 verse 52 we have this

...and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

I cant think of many other verses explaining what bodies we have but I do see how Paul deduced this from other scriptures.

Luke 21:27  27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

We are also told that no man can see God and Ray has a study proving that it must take some power from God for man to be able to see Him so putting 2 and 2 together I see how Paul "came up" with this prophecy. Those alive seeing the Son of Man coming in the clouds will be changed like what it says in 1 Corinthians. And another witness...

Acts 1:10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

I know we will be given immortal bodies to be able to see Jesus coming with the clouds so we can live. There are more verses I can reference but Im drawing a blank right now smh lol.

AK4

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 01:18:08 PM »

Wendy and Bob

About Jesus being able to appear inside a room...I have a couple of theories...

John3:6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit b gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You c must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

"So is everyone born of the Spirit"...that's interesting to me. So Jesus appears to appear where He pleases out of nowhere but maybe He was already there and the people He appeared to just didn't know it.

I find this interesting too for us who will be saving the world with Jesus

Isa 30:20Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 03:34:27 PM »

Definitly is something to think about and amazing going from mortal to immortal.
Jesus must of tranformed Himself some how if He can enter n leave a room without useing a door or window.
Whats also amazing is He ate with the decipled to .so does that mean will be able to change our bodies to.
God bless

Wendy, I believe these scriptures answer your question.

Phil 3:20-21

20 But our citizenship is in heaven.And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,  21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:49

49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

Thinking further on the kind of glory mentioned in verse 21, I thought of John's description of his vision of the risen Christ in Rev. 1:12-16

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across his chest with a golden sash. His head and his hair were white like white wool, like snow; and his eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and his face was like the sun shining in its strength.

Still like the son of man, but radiating a glory not like anything I can begin to imagine. The closest I've ever come in comprehending it,  was from a dream I had, where I was standing in his presence. The glory,  love and power that iminated from him was so magnificantly beautiful  all I could do was weep uncontrollably.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:40:29 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »

Great commentary Anthony, I will follow up with additional study to see what I can find.
Bob :D

AK4

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 04:44:25 PM »

Thank you Bob and keep me posted. This topic has been on my mind for years and years.

Wanda, very nice. I never thought of that Revelation one.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 06:35:07 PM »

From the Rapture Paper

I quote Ray

Our bodies will be celestial………while Abraham is promised…a specific portion of the earth.

Actually, scripture tells us that Abrahams specific portion is THE WORLD. ( Rom.4:13]

Paul and the Gentile saints are promised an allotment among the celestials.

1 Corth. 15:38-39,,,,  Not all flesh is the same flesh……..and so on.
Paul tells us that there are bodies terrestrial and gives us several examples , bodies of
men, beasts, fliers and fishes. He also informs us that there are celestial bodies.

Terrestrial we know are of the earth.

Celestial………ON heavens……that part of the universe that is ON, or higher than,
divine , perfect.

Spiritual…….having the qualities of the spirit
1…..of the spirit….2…. Of or consisting of spirit, not corporeal.

The first man Adam Is of the soil
The second man is the Lord out of heaven.( Celestial, spirit )

Didn’t Ray say that those who are born of the spirit are like the wind?
Spirit is invisible. I liked when Ray spoke of atoms and nucleus and electrons
and the supernatural power of how Christ keeps everything together.
This is amazing stuff, especially how the laws of thermodynamics work.
Ray said we would have a better understanding if we study this law.

Rev.11: 18 & 19.
Will there be flashes of lightening. I don’t know 🤷‍♀️but lightening is pretty powerful and bright.

Let there be light…. Come Lord Jesus

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AK4

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 07:59:23 PM »

Amen Musterseed

Yes here is a verse where it says we will be like the wind

John3:6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

When you mesh all the scientific stuff, quantum mechanics, quantum physics, Mandelbrot set, etc etc it just gets super fascinating. I just imagine being the people who witness this change into immortality. What a witness to God the Father and Jesus they will be!! Also the feeling of validation.

Wanda

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 03:59:43 PM »

Thanks for that info Pamela, Ray's writings on these things helped me go places in mind I had never been.

Anthony, I can still remember the first time I read 1 Cor 15:51 and understood the mystery of it.  WOW!  I'm still in awe.  Of course I can only speculate,  but I think such a transformation would require a physical atomic change of matter itself. Hence being born of spirit.  Has anyone here never thought about what was involved in the transformation of the spirit Jesus to the physical man?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:22:50 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

AK4

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 04:33:32 PM »

Wanda

Ikr. When I got the mystery of that first and God put it in my mind that it really clearly saying that there will be a generation of people who will never ever die (I pray to God to give me discernment in the simplest terms like "aye Father dumb it down for me") I was like whoa. Then many other scriptures started opening up to me on this subject and even how its possible Paul was able to come up with this line. I live by that 1 Cor 15:51 scripture with lots of hope.

So now Im pretty sensitive to seeing other scriptures that mention or allude to that one like this Matt 24:30“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth c will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

I love it. And yes Ive thought about what that transformation will be like and with all the scientific stuff that will go along with it. It really is going to be something awesome to behold and study.

Wanda

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 05:23:25 PM »

Anthony, I don't think my question was clear. We all know Jesus had to undergo a spiratual transformation after death and resurrection, but he first underwent a transformation from spirit to flesh.  Thinking on this is what led me to seeing the mystery in 1 Cor 15:51.

AK4

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 06:16:16 PM »

Wanda

Oh yeah Im thinking on the same way. Like there is a spirit molecule or something or what "magic" is it that makes the transformation work. Speaking of which, if I can remember, there are some clues about going from spirit to flesh.  Remember some angels could do it (and Jesus said we would be like the angels, but that may be just in reference to being immortal but idk).

Hmmm that's an interesting thought (I paid attention to the words this time lol) "a physical atomic change of matter itself". Let me let that sink in for a little

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 06:40:14 PM »

Bob:

At that time we will all relate to Jesus like another son of God (though Jesus has the preeminence in everything [hence...King of kings]), because we will be like him and see him as he is.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2).

Dean
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.