bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinosaurs  (Read 1305 times)

waterfall77

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Dinosaurs
« on: November 06, 2022, 04:27:29 PM »

My question is based on a home school lesson I was doing with my kids. We do have mainstream Christian curriculums. So there are times I need the explain what the Bible is actually saying to the best of my ability.
We were reading about dinosaurs .  I know God created animals and humans on the sixth day, and the days are not 24 hours but millions of years .So my question is did God create dinosaurs then they went extinct,  then he created humans ? That's what I would think , but I'm not positive. 

Also what is the leviathan in Job 41:1 and behemoth in Job 40:15. I've always thought they were very large creatures,  but again I was positive.

Aubrey

octoberose

Re: Dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 05:37:32 PM »

I don’t understand that millions of years thing- I never have.  I didn’t understand it when Ray talked about it and I’m not sure where I read it from him ( maybe I listened to it ?).  As science progresses, there are those who believe that archeology bears out a global flood and a young earth.  Carbon dating is not what I hang my hat on. It’s not a very exacting science to say the least.   I’m interested in what the others say about your question.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 05:49:01 PM »

Not the same topic but Ray talks about dinosaurs here: https://youtu.be/C0P-HimM4Ko

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 08:10:38 PM »

I don’t understand that millions of years thing- I never have.  I didn’t understand it when Ray talked about it and I’m not sure where I read it from him ( maybe I listened to it ?).  As science progresses, there are those who believe that archeology bears out a global flood and a young earth.  Carbon dating is not what I hang my hat on. It’s not a very exacting science to say the least.   I’m interested in what the others say about your question.
= = =
Hi Octoberose,

There are at least two parts to this question and how we approach it.
Ray had definite ideas and the short video illustrates that to some extent.
=
My idea and approach is just this.
We don't know the age of the planet and it really doesn't matter.
If it did Scripture would note it.
The reason for men wanting to know earth's age is to allow for the theory of evolution.
Because that theory requires long periods of time.
= =
Gen 1:1  In the beginning H7225 God H430 created H1254 (H853) the heaven H8064 and the earth.H776

To aid clarity this verse above may be better stated; [ regarding humanity, in a (new) beginning God created...] read that way it doesn't lead to wondering if that was the beginning of all things or just the visible heavens and the earth and other questions that come up.
=
Since the angels and other spiritual creations that exist in the heavenlies existed before Adam it seems reasonable to presume that God created the heaven of His throne first, of course in Genesis it may be referring to only the heaven we can perceive.
=
Genesis is not a history of the Earth, it is a brief history of mankind and God's plan of salvation, AND even with a Bible in hand people still need a teacher sent by God to even begin to understand.

What matters is that we are able to believe that the first humans God created had their beginning at the time the Bible states so that we may believe the rest of what the Bible teaches.
It's important because the ancestry and authority of Lord Jesus the Christ the descendent of King David rest upon that history. (Matt 1:1-25)

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 11:02:15 PM »

Bob, that is beautifully expressed.  I guess the reason I spend time on trying to know is because I don’t want to believe something that is so incorrect that God says, “You didn’t believe well enough and I had it so plainly laid before you. “ And if it is a short time from the creation of man, then the waiting for His return seems like it’s sure to be sooner . Six thousand years from Adam, then…. He comes in the 7th millennial ?  It’s just my hope anyway.  I don’t know these things- they are too big for me.  He hasn’t given me clarity-   I know He will or He won’t .  It goes with what Anjel asked in another thread.  What does our God expect us to understand ? Aren’t we to search out a thing ?   I would never have found bible-truths if I hadn’t been searching for something.  I guess I never want to stop the searching.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 01:58:25 AM »

Just a personal comment from me to you.

I think things are well enough developed today that we can assume that Christ could return any time.
A few things should happen first, but that prophesy takes only 3.5 to7 years.
It has been about 6000 years and the exact date matters only to God and Christ Jesus, God does not require us to know the date that's why we are taught to always be ready.
=
So, what do we have to believe?
The 12 apostles and the other disciples that Jesus witnessed to and taught were required only to believe that he was the promised Messiah.
They didn't believe any more than that until they saw him after the resurrection. (the Jews require a sign)
=
We today are only required to understand what we have been given and the only added good news is that Jesus died sinless, was resurrected and ascended to the throne of God AND that the work Jesus was sent to do is finished. He said so! There is nothing more to do after we believe that we are saved by the faith OF Jesus, His faith and not from any works of our own.
=
Note please that even our belief is a gift from God and not based on any choice of our own.
Many of the people of Jesus' day and those that Paul taught in Rome and Corinth did not have any scriptures for reference and they believed based upon verbal testimony of apostle Paul and his helpers and the help of God's spirit with their human spirit. They were preordained to believe.
=
God loves us all, BUT not all are being "drawn" or dragged or compelled into God's service at this time in history.
God is calling only a few to be pioneers and go ahead of the rest to prepare the way.
There are multiple examples of this method of God's throughout the scriptures.
=
After Lord Jesus returns and we are given new hearts of flesh our real work begins for the first time.
Up until now only God and Christ are working, both for us and in us.

waterfall77

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »

Thank you Dennis for the video.  I watched it with my kids and it helped.
Aubrey

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »

I like what you said Eugene.” And even with the Bible in hand, people still need a teacher sent by God
to even begin to understand.

I understand it this way. I could be wrong , any correction is most welcome.

Luke 24:44.. And He said unto them, “ these words are the words that I spake unto you
while I was yet with you that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of
Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms CONCERNING ME. 45…. Then He opened their
minds to understand the scriptures. 46… and said to them, “ thus it is written, that the
Christ should suffer and on the third day ,rise from the dead 47… and that repentance
for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all nations , beginning
from Jerusalem.

John 16:12… I have yet many things ( many things) yet to say unto you, but ye cannot bear
them now.

Not now but when Lord?

John 16:3… When the Spirit of truth comes He will guide you into all truth, for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak and He will declare to you the things that are to come.

John 14:26… But he comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name
, He shall ( future) teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever
I have said unto you.

And later on the apostles had much understanding.
There is the scripture that says there are not enough books to hold what Jesus went through.

Psalm 25:5,,, Lead me in your truth and teach me , for you are the God of my salvation.
For you I wait all the day long.

we are all exactly where God wants us to be in this moment in time.
and blessed beyond understanding.
God Bless You All

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 09:22:07 AM »

Thank you Dennis for the video.  I watched it with my kids and it helped.
Aubrey

I'm glad the video was useful Aubrey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.