bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sick of the lies  (Read 2133 times)

zander

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Sick of the lies
« on: March 06, 2022, 05:50:03 PM »

I wanted to vent on here and say I am absolutely sick to death of the lies spread by governments and the media about everything from wars to politics to pandemics.  Furthermore, I am incensed at the lack of questioning about it, from what is a pretty a docile human population.  It has all become so thick and so frequent, that soon, everything on this planet will be based on lies, it seems.

I know, I know scripturally, it is all meant to be.  I know that. 

But I am still incensed.  >:(

Rant over.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Sick of the lies
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 10:26:21 PM »

I can understand that, when you have a love for truth it does your head in. Lies get built upon lies to so even what you think is truth can be yet another lie. I always have to deal with the loss of my wife at the same time. The passage below sums up this time for me. I can identify with each sentence.

Psalm 13:1-6 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,” lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken. But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Rhys
🤫

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 12:10:41 AM »

Good evening Zander,
We can truly understand how sick we feel about the conditions we and our loved ones have to live with in this wicked age.
Even as we share in the blessings that come from modern life compared to ages past, it pains us to realize that it could be so much better for all people if we followed Christ's example.
However we still need to patiently endure expecting the wonderful life we each will have after Christ returns.
Bob

In his letter to the church in Corinth, the apostle Paul tells us that believers will not only judge the world but also judge angels: “Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world ... Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life” (1 Corinthians 6:2-3). Scripture teaches that the fallen angels will be judged by God (Isaiah 24:21-22; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6; Revelation 21:10). But what does Paul mean when he says the saints will also judge angels?

What we can surmise from this 1 Corinthians passage is that we, as God’s children, will be given a higher position than the angels. We’re not only created in God’s image but redeemed by Christ (Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 2:9; Luke 1:68; Ephesians 1:7). Angels are not created in God’s image and are not redeemed by Christ (Hebrews 1:14; 2:16). Also, God sends His angels to serve His saints, i.e., those who are to inherit eternal life (Hebrews 1:14; see also Psalm 34:7; Psalm 91:11).

Additionally, we know that the Greek word for “judge,” krino, also means “to rule or govern.” This strongly implies that we will have authority over the holy angels, for they have no sin for which to be “judged” in the sense of “condemned.” Most likely, the meaning of this passage is that believers in heaven will take part in the judgment of the fallen angels and exercise some authority over the holy angels. Christ has been exalted above all the angels (see Ephesians 1:20-23), and it seems reasonable that those who are in Him and made in His likeness (Romans 8:29; 1 Corinthians 15:49; Ephesians 4:24; 1 John 3:2) will share in His authority, including His authority over the angels (Matthew 19:28; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:4).

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »

Excellent insight into judging the angels, Bob.   :)

ralph

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 05:09:05 PM »

I know how you feel. The lies and corruption are almost too much to endure at times to the point I feel like Lot in Sodom. But the Lord constantly reminds me that the only reason I am what I am now is because of his Grace.  There was a time not so long ago when I was asleep and practiced sin with impunity like much of the world is doing now. We forget at times just how thick headed and depraved the human mind really is.   It took a series of very traumatic events to wake me from the sinful life I was leading.  Events are more than likely coming that will wake up many but sadly most will be lulled back to sleep if and when a state of normalcy returns. It's just the nature of the beast.  Ask God for the patience and faith to endure. 

Extol

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 08:24:54 PM »

Take heart, Zander. The Kingdom will be here soon!

Ralph mentioned he feels like Lot in Sodom, so I will address just one of many frustrating lies: the ever-increasing acceptance that sexual perversion is normal and good (including the ridiculous lie that a man is a woman simply if he "feels" like one). This has occurred with remarkable rapidity. Just 14 years ago, California--I repeat, California--voted to ban same-sex marriage. The Bay Area was strongly against the ban (no surprise), but the following counties all voted against same-sex marriage: Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino. I list these five because they are the most populous counties in California, and five of the Top 14 most populous counties in the whole country (LA-1st, SD--5th, Orange--6th, Riverside--10th, and SB--14th.) They all voted NO on same-sex marriage. Now, it is "hate speech" to say same-sex marriage is wrong; not just in California, but in Iowa and West Virginia! It's unpleasant to see such depravity, but here's why it's not all bad:

Luke 17

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

We have very quickly fallen into the days of Lot. Our Savior said this would be a clue. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors (Matt. 24:33). Let us rejoice in this, that His coming is near. I believe some of us will be alive to see it.

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 10:51:59 PM »

Now Paul didn't have a bad attitude over inordinate blows cause he comprehended the future.  Glory that exceeds our momentary light troubles awaits!  A good attitude helps in doing things well.  The power of positive thinking will make our realities easier to get through.  Your mentality is your reality.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:59:37 PM by friendofJC »

lareli

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 05:12:10 PM »

Let the lie come into the world. But not through me. The simple step of a courageous individual is to take no part in the lie”

Attributed to Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 06:16:36 PM »

Matt.12:34… You brood of vipers! How can you speak good when you are evil,
                    for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Psalm 116:11….I said in my alarm, all mankind are liars.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Porter

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 02:57:51 AM »

Aint that the truth, Pamela.  8)
Imagine being given the high honor of helping Jesus save the world from its sin, all because Jesus first saved us from our own sins, by teaching us to remove 2x4's from our eye sockets.  :P
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 06:16:27 PM »

If there was a better way to do it then God would do it that way.  I sometimes tell myself this several times a day looking at our general political, economic and financial conditions not only here but around the world as a whole.  Evil men are going to wax worse and worse and as has already been said it's going to be just like it was with Noah before the flood.  Yeah, it's going to get bad.  Trust God, trust his plan and keep on keeping on and don't let the liars and their lies drag you down with them.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 07:03:29 PM »

Yes Porter , it most certainly will be the highest honour.
I am still chipping away at my big beam and as the world is seemingly
in turmoil , I am desperate to find me a chainsaw,😁

Mark 4:11,,, and He said to them, “ to you, has been given the secret of the Kingdom of God,
but for those outside, everything is in parables.

Who reads these parables?

1 Co. 5:12…. Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

My husband complained today of all this pain we are experiencing and said “ I just wanted to
retire in a cabin on a lake.”  And I said” I’m pretty sure their is a lake in your future. 😂

Acts 6:4 ,, but we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry ( power , H3027, yawd )
of the word.

Hang in there everyone, where else would you rather be at this time ?
God is in total control of everything right down to the last electron
and He loves us.🤗

Sometimes God takes you deep into the valley before He rescues you.,,, LRaySmith
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 07:46:13 PM »

My husband complained today of all this pain we are experiencing and said “ I just wanted to
retire in a cabin on a lake.”  And I said” I’m pretty sure their is a lake in your future. 😂

Nothing but the truth there. LOL  :)

Wendy

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 03:44:32 AM »

Your all so right these are tough times and so much hate among people even families.i also remind myself daily God is in charge .
It's amazing seeing all this unfold but scary to gotta really keep the mind focused on what's right so many things are destracting and are easy to get caught up in
Some days are very tough for me so hard to watch family suffer and not be able to help them much .,
But I thank God for the trails and tribulations cause I've seen they bring nothing but goodness and character building
The house of sand might be gone but those sand castles can pop up if your not careful God bless all I pray every one is well .

God bless
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 03:52:57 AM by Wendy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.