bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do both Resurrections occur at the same time?  (Read 1039 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Do both Resurrections occur at the same time?
« on: March 27, 2022, 06:01:41 PM »

I’m sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I was wondering, do both the righteous and the wicked rise at the same time ? I believed that the righteous would rise first and after some time then the wicked for judgement but after knowing that Rev 20:5 is spurious: “But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished”. Then I’m left wondering if we are both risen at the same time. I believe right now that the righteous will rise at the same time as the wicked but the Sons of God with spiritual bodies to rule with Christ and the wicked with physical bodies to face judgement and learn righteousness. But if I’m wrong then let me know for I am trying to learn more each day.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Do both Resurrections occur at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 05:35:42 AM »

I don't know if both the righteous and the wicked rise at the same time, but I did find where Ray seems to strongly imply that we can experience a type of resurrection now in this age.

https://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm
The carnal world dies when they breathe their last and go down into the grave. God's Elect die when they are "baptized into death.". After resurrection from the dead, the world will enter into Judgment. And what about us--God's Elect? When do we enter into Judgment? Same way, when we are resurrected from the dead through baptism.

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection" (Rom. 6:4).

But we are not literally resurrected to immortality as Jesus was, when we are raised from the dead after being baptized into JESUS, are we? No, not literally, that is why Paul says we are to, " reckon you also yourselves to be dead."

"Likewise r-e-c-k-o-n you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:11).

The Greek word for "reckon" means "to estimate, conclude, impute, reason, reckon, suppose, think." It is not necessary to "reckon" something that is literally a present reality. In the future we will literally be free from all sin and literally have immortality in resurrection, but for now we can just "reckon" it.

This death is not a literal, physical death, but it is a REAL death, and it is most important:

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him" (Rom. 6:8).

Notice also that in addition to being baptized into Christ's death, we are also "buried." True, this is figurative language, but it is true language. We truly are not only crucified with Christ, and die with Christ, but we are also buried with Him. THIS IS THE FIRST DEATH OF THE ELECT BEFORE THEIR SECOND DEATH IN JUDGMENT BY FIRE.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 05:38:07 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

SMITTY7000

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Do both Resurrections occur at the same time?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 11:35:12 PM »

ANJEL,
I REMEMBER FROM THE ARMY THAT OUR INSTRUCTORS USED TO TELL US THE " THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION WAS THE ONE THAT WE DIDN`T ASK"
I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ABOUT THE "JUDGEMENT" AND "RIGHTOUSNESS" IN YOUR QUESTION.
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
WE ARE THE HOUSE OF CHRIST – HIS TEMPLE [ 1 COR 3:16] AND WE ARE BEING JUDGED NOW.
TAKE IN TO ACCOUNT THAT WE SHOUD BE JUDGING OURSELVES SO THAT WE WOULD NOT BE JUDGED WITH THE WORLD.                                                                                                                             1Co 11:31  For if we would 1Co 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened [ DISCIPLINED] of the Lord, that we should not be condemned [JUDGED] with the world.
EVEN THOUGH CHASTENING IS SOMETIMES IF NOT ALL TIMES AN UNPLEASANT SITUATION, I SAY HALLELUJAH!  BETTER TO BE SET STRAIGHT NOW WITH FATHER`S DISCIPLINE.  Pro 3:12.
Isa 26:9 ... for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.