> Off Topic Discussions

Big Israel

(1/4) > >>

Dennis Vogel:
I'm breaking my own rule by posting a link to another site. But I found this very interesting and they may be onto something. Time will tell.

This is Tru News and they do not know what we know (they believe in Hell) but share our disdain for TV preachers and are not fans of The State of Israel which the 'church' lauds, e.g., John Hagee: https://israelallies.org/israels-top-50-christian-allies

FYI, The State of Israel is not a friend of the United States (Jeffrey Epstein).

One hour video and they talk about politics the last 5 minutes which you can ignore. But they have not supported Trump or Biden in the past that I know of but I don't watch all their videos.

https://www.trunews.com/stream/ecumenical-alliance-seeks-to-declare-kiev-as-new-jerusalem

Please do not take this as an invatation to talk politics. That rule still applies. But if you know a reason why this is nonsense please post it.

indianabob:
Hi Dennis,
Watched the video and found it hard to follow.
My first thought is that our Lord Jesus will return to the mount of olives and that will not change.
There will be a great army destroyed in the plain of Megiddo by super natural power for all to witness.
So whatever happens in Ukraine in the lead up to the final days is all speculation.
Whether the politicians will try to establish a new location for the abomination of desolation to set up office is a possibility I suppose, but it will not hold for long since Christ Jesus will do God's will and not that of the human powers that rule temporarily at the end time.

AwesomeSavior:
Dennis:

I would add one word to a sentence you wrote:

FYI, The [Deep] State of Israel is not a friend of the United States (Jeffrey Epstein).

Dean

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: indianabob on April 13, 2022, 01:31:58 PM ---Hi Dennis,
Watched the video and found it hard to follow.
My first thought is that our Lord Jesus will return to the mount of olives and that will not change.
There will be a great army destroyed in the plain of Megiddo by super natural power for all to witness.
So whatever happens in Ukraine in the lead up to the final days is all speculation.
Whether the politicians will try to establish a new location for the abomination of desolation to set up office is a possibility I suppose, but it will not hold for long since Christ Jesus will do God's will and not that of the human powers that rule temporarily at the end time.

--- End quote ---

Israel and Jerusalem play a roll in prophecy which makes this interesting to me, but for some reason the news is not talking about it.

A quick search finds:  https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/opinions/jerusalem-israel-evangelicals-end-times-butler-bass-opinion/index.html

ZekeSr:
Yes, I agree with Bob that it’s hard to keep the whole podcast in perspective, as they cover a lot of interesting speculation backed by what appears to be a mountain of tangible as well as circumstantial evidence. The situation in Ukraine, at the moment, has certainly affected the world in a way that I haven’t seen since the Middle East. And now to see the possibility of a direct connection is astonishing.  And yes, Dennis. Time will tell.
Quite frankly, I’m not a fan of Israel or the Palestinians for reasons that I don’t think I should discuss here. But, for me, one of the interesting takeaways is that I’m reminded of how the state of Israel’s existence in the middle east has been deemed a pariah by the very entities that pretty much created it there after WWII. My-my how things have changed. I remember, as a youngster in the very early sixties, watching the movie Exodus—Hollywood’s book-based tribute to the Jewish struggle to “return to their homeland.” It had a powerful musical score that contained the lyrics, “This land is mine, God gave this land to me.” It was a big sympathy grabbing hit at the time.
It may be quite true that the secular Jews would be willing to accept a New Jerusalem in Ukraine, if that is even possible. But the orthodoxy would never go for it. If forced out of the holy land, they would certainly look to return again.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version