> General Discussions

Are God’s children worshipped in the Kingdom ?

<< < (2/2)

ralph:

--- Quote from: indianabob on April 21, 2022, 01:15:06 AM ---Hi Anjel,
One particular difference concerning ruling in the Kingdom of God is that we will rule for the benefit of those under our care, whereas in human circumstances today the rulers rule for their own selfish benefit or to bestow honor and praise upon themselves. Rich people gather followers by presenting gifts and then expect gratitude in return. God owns everything and gives liberally with no expectation of sacrifice in return.
Indiana Bob

--- End quote ---

Yes agreed.  When I think of rule, I think of the Greek "poimainō", which according to strongs means:

to feed, to tend a flock, keep sheep

to rule, govern

of rulers

to furnish pasture for food

to nourish

to cherish one's body, to serve the body

to supply the requisites for the soul's need

Anjel Uriel:

--- Quote from: indianabob on April 21, 2022, 01:15:06 AM ---Hi Anjel,
One particular difference concerning ruling in the Kingdom of God is that we will rule for the benefit of those under our care, whereas in human circumstances today the rulers rule for their own selfish benefit or to bestow honor and praise upon themselves. Rich people gather followers by presenting gifts and then expect gratitude in return. God owns everything and gives liberally with no expectation of sacrifice in return.
Indiana Bob

--- End quote ---

Hi Indiana Bob, I certainly agree that the rulership of men and God’s children will be different. Men at the end of the day no matter their good intentions, are still flesh and therefore weak and subject to vanity but our Lord is perfect and He has promised us to be part of that perfection if we overcome our sins by His Grace through His Faith which comes by His Spirit in us. Honestly every time I think of the rewards of the Kingdom, my finite physical/carnal mind gets blown away. I’m 21 and suppose I die before The Lord returns and I fall asleep around the age of 90. Then if I remained  in His Love and be chosen for the 1st Resurrection then when I’m risen and meet Him, He could say “Anjel, because I love you and choose you, you will no longer be called by that name but I will give you a new name and proclaim it in front of Our Father. I will give you power over the nations and you will be a king and a priest in the temple of Our God. I will reward you for every good deed I did in you and because you remained faithful till you were 90 then you will live forever with Me and we will never be separated”. Like WHAT, truly Paul was given great wisdom when he said that the sufferings of this world are not worthy to be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us. I pray that The Lord returns soon and that all of us here in this forum and our brothers and sisters around the world overcome quickly since we need to keep Revelations and “this things must come to pass quickly”. 

indianabob:
Hello again Anjel,
You have a very inspiring way of stating your beliefs and I agree and am sure that you will develop even more along the path that our Lord has for you. At your tender age of 21 (smile) you have many great discoveries ahead of you.
I'm 87 and have been slowly and gradually learning since about 1970 with several corrections along the way.
Our God has a unique plan for each person and it will certainly be a blessing for each of us.

Indiana Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version