bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is Jesus?  (Read 5724 times)

llluminum

Where is Jesus?
« on: August 26, 2006, 02:17:50 AM »

I didn't start to look at all the topics to see if someone already asked this question, and I'm pretty sure no one has but, WHERE IS HE?

If he ascended into the sky, picked up by clouds, and still in a metaphysical body, resurrected from the dead, then where is Jesus?

That question just stumps me. I mean, I know he is in us, but that speaks of the spirit of Jesus, or discernment. But what about the physical, resurrected body of Jesus?

prarrydog

Re: Where is Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 03:06:04 AM »

I mean, I know he is in us, but that speaks of the spirit of Jesus, or discernment. But what about the physical, resurrected body of Jesus?

No, Jesus does not live far far away on the other side of the universe in a place called heaven. Heaven is not a place; heaven is the realm of spirit. Jesus does not sleep in heaven. Jesus does not live in a physical heaven. Jesus will not live in a physical body full of holes, for the rest of eternity either. It is impossible to even think about these important issues of life with the mentality of Christian doctrines. Jesus Christ is “spirit”: “Now the Lord is that SPIRIT…” (II Cor. 3:17).

Quote from Ray Smith from http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html

with love
Scott

prarrydog

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 03:09:01 AM »

By the way....Hi llluminum.  Nice to have you here.  Hope the above quote helps.

God be with you
Scott

llluminum

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

thanks for the welcome.

I know he isn't in heaven. I believe similiarly to Ray (I've read almost all his articles and Lake of Fire series. they're awesome!) But it still says that he ascended into the sky/heaven. I know it's not the heathen/carnal twisted heaven, but nevertheless, since he has a physical (a physical man can feel it) body (plus in Job, Job talks about waiting for his redeemer to redeem his body from the grave in this "very skin", so similiarly, Jesus "very skin" was redeemed), where did he go?

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »

Hello Illuminum.  Where in Job is this?

Brian

prarrydog

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »

I couldn't find that but I saw this while looking:

CLV -  Job 19:25 Yet as for me, I know my Redeemer is living, And after this He shall arise on the soil;"
Job 19:26 And behind my skin I will stand erect, And from my flesh I shall perceive Eloah,

or

REV  -  Job 19:25 But, I, know that, my redeemer, liveth, and, as the Last over my dust, will he arise;
Job 19:26 And, though, after my skin is struck off, this followeth , yet, apart from my flesh, shall I see GOD

The KJV says something different:

Job 19:25  For I589 know3045 that my redeemer1350 liveth,2416 and that he shall stand6965 at the latter314 day upon5921 the earth:6083
Job 19:26  And though after310 my skin5785 worms destroy5362 this2063 body, yet in my flesh4480, 1320 shall I see2372 God:433

H4480
מנּי    מנּי    מן
min  minnîy  minnêy
min, min-nee', min-nay'
For H4482; properly a part of; hence (prepositionally), from or out of in many senses: - above, after, among, at, because of, by (reason of), from (among), in, X neither, X nor, (out) of, over, since, X then, through, X whether, with.

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51  Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

With love
Scott

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »

Hi llluminum,

Ray's Lake of Fire series, part 13---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEA, EARTH, AND HEAVEN

There are three realms spoken of in Revelation: sea, earth, and heaven:

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the SEA and upon the EARTH lifted up his hand to HEAVEN, and swore by Him that lives for ever and ever, [for the eons of the eons], who created HEAVEN, and the things that therein are, and the EARTH, and the things that therein are, and the SEA, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer [no longer a time of delay]" (Rev. 10:5-6).

The angels [messengers] of God communicate things from heaven to both the earth and the sea:

"And the voice which I heard from heaven spoke unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the ANGEL which stands upon the sea and upon the earth" (Rev. 10:8).

There are three realms of humanity and three realms of spiritual understanding. The lowest of all is the sea. Those with at least some spiritual understanding are those who dwell in the earth. And those who have the very mind of Christ are those who dwell in heaven. ALL REALMS will give honor and glory to God:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, [need I explain that ‘fish’ do not have the mental capacity to comprehend what is being taught here—these are MEN, MANKIND, HUMANITY] and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and upon the Lamb for the eons of the eons" (Rev. 5:13).

Is this not saying the identical thing that Paul teaches in Phil. 2:10-11:

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, of things [them] in heaven, and things [them] in earth, and things [them] under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

More proof:

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and [inhabitants] of the sea! …" (Rev. 12:12).

Next notice that:

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast into the earth , he persecuted the WOMAN [the Church] which brought forth the man child [the manifest sons of God]" (Rev. 12:13).

Where is the Church? Does she dwell in the spiritual realms of heaven? No. Is she located in the sea? No. She dwells in the earth. She is higher than the sea, but lower than heaven; she dwells in the earth. These are the three realms spoken of in Revelation. If we can’t get our thinking above the symbols themselves, we will never ever understand the book of Revelation.

The saints have left the earth in their spiritual walk with God. Those who are now ‘spiritually-minded;’ dwell in heaven—a much much higher realm than that of the earth. And yet… and YET, of the wild beast that comes out of the sea in Revelation 13, we are told:

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle and them that [spiritually] dwell in heaven. And it was given unto Him [the wild beast] to make war with the saints, and TO OVERCOME THEM: and power was given him over ALL KINDREDS, AND TONGUES, AND NATIONS" (Verses 6-7).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The phrase 'resurrection of the body,'
is nowhere found in scripture.
It is the 'resurrection of the dead,'
that is taught in scripture.
Our new resurrected bodies will be spiritual and not physical.

1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

God is not restricted to any particular portion of His crestion.
He is omnipresent.
Heaven is the realm of the spirit.

Act 17:28  for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Deu 10:14  `Lo, to Jehovah thy God are the heavens and the heavens of the heavens, the earth and all that is in it;

1Ki 8:27  But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, the heavens and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this house which I have built?

Joh 16:28  I came out from the Father and have come into the world; I leave the world again and go to the Father.

Your question, 'Where is Jesus?'---With the Father.

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.