> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

The Gospel Of the Kingdom Transcript, Jan.3, 2008

<< < (3/3)

indianabob:
Hi again,
The majority of converts to which I referred are those who joined a church and made a statement of faith in front of the congregation and never again opened a Bible to actually read and study with purpose.
So they accept what their congregation's leaders have told them and preach about every week, but could not explain to another person the reasons for their belief. It is hollow and for show and to make them feel a part of a social group that accepts them as a new friend.
We all seek friends and acceptance and that is normal, but the difficulty is that scripture teaches that ONLY those called by Father God will come to Christ Jesus in true faith and trust.

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Now if some teach that Christ is almighty God and cannot die, then our sins have not been covered by his life's blood. If Christ did not actually die then he could not be resurrected from death, but that is what is taught in the world's churches.

=The Resurrection of the Dead
1Co 15:12  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15  Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1Co 15:18  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
=
=
Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw [drag] him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

God is not calling everyone in this age or most in previous ages. Only those that have been taught the full truth.

=  =  =  =

--- Quote from: Musterseed on April 19, 2022, 06:39:07 PM ---Thankyou Jessie for the beautiful scriptures. Our future looks very bright.😎

Thankyou Arion. I agree, not in this lifetime. I think that’s where I was confused because
Jesus said when He returns He will not find faith.

Thankyou also Eugene for your input.
I would just like to emphasize something you said, you said “ that the majority of converts
have a form of religion etc. I emphasize the word converts because
it is my understanding that no one that is still in the flesh carnal has been converted or saved
in this lifetime as Arion stated.

In the distant future seems so far away .😔

Matt.14:33. And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying,” Truly, you are the Son of God.

Come Lord Jesus.

May God be gracious to you all.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version