bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will we ever see The Father?  (Read 1529 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Will we ever see The Father?
« on: April 22, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »

I know He is invisible but I took that as in the physical realm. I made a long post before explaining my reasoning with scriptures that I believe we will see Him when we are in The Spirit realm with spiritual bodies, but I accidentally deleted it and it’s a hassle to rewrite all again. But to sum it up, I believe we will see Him when we are in the spiritual realm because if I understand correctly, spirit can see flesh but flesh can’t see spirit. However, I want to know what ye think.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

ralph

Re: Will we ever see The Father?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 04:29:14 PM »

We can see the Father with spiritual eyes right now if we see Christ with spiritual eyes as they are one.

John 14:9
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 04:51:01 PM »

We can see the Father with spiritual eyes right now if we see Christ with spiritual eyes as they are one.

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Hi Ralph, I understand that because like you said and pointed out in the Scripture "He who has seen Christ has seen The Father". But, I'm talking in the sense of when we are resurrected. For example, we live right now with Christ because He is with us always however, we know that is not the same as when He returns to earth and we are in The Kingdom. Likewise, we see The Father and Christ now in The Scriptures but because we are in a physical realm He is invisible to our eyes. When we have spiritual eyes not only in our mind like now but when our body is also spiritual, will we see Him with our bodily spiritual eyes? We know we will see Christ as He is but will that also apply to The Father?
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 08:06:04 PM »

Hi Ralph, I understand that because like you said and pointed out in the Scripture "He who has seen Christ has seen The Father". But, I'm talking in the sense of when we are resurrected. For example, we live right now with Christ because He is with us always however, we know that is not the same as when He returns to earth and we are in The Kingdom. Likewise, we see The Father and Christ now in The Scriptures but because we are in a physical realm He is invisible to our eyes. When we have spiritual eyes not only in our mind like now but when our body is also spiritual, will we see Him with our bodily spiritual eyes? We know we will see Christ as He is but will that also apply to The Father?
Almighty

Quick answer to will we be able to see the Father GOD. NO.
It is surmised that almighty GOD has no form or shape or a communication instrument.
Lord Jesus has all of those in his celestial existence as will we, but Father God may/does not.
This is just my view and I have no evidence to share.
Indiana Bob

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 09:44:12 PM »

Almighty

Quick answer to will we be able to see the Father GOD. NO.
It is surmised that almighty GOD has no form or shape or a communication instrument.
Lord Jesus has all of those in his celestial existence as will we, but Father God may/does not.
This is just my view and I have no evidence to share.
Indiana Bob

Hi Indiana Bob, I get your reasoning and you might very well be right. The reason I believe we will is because we know Jesus Himself did see the Father and when we are raised we are supposed to be like Him. Also The Son said that The Father loves us just as He loves Jesus (John 17:23) and if just as means in the same manner/equal amount. Then I don’t see why He wouldn’t also let us see Him, if He spared not His Own Son and will give us all things freely (Romans 8:32) then I don’t see why He would withhold that same blessing He gave to His Son. However, it may be that seeing The Father is the upmost thing that sets Jesus apart from The other children of God along with being The Firstborn and The Lord of all creation. I guess we’ll have to wait until our Resurrection to find out but regardless we have already received more than we can ask for and we will gain even more than we can imagine. 

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 11:36:36 PM »

Hi Anjel,
Please, where is the scripture that says that Jesus saw a shape or heard an audible voice of the Father almighty?
I am "assuming" that Father GOD or Lord Jesus communicates with us via the spirit in our thoughts.
Indy

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 12:24:05 AM »

Hi Anjel,
Please, where is the scripture that says that Jesus saw a shape or heard an audible voice of the Father almighty?
I am "assuming" that Father GOD or Lord Jesus communicates with us via the spirit in our thoughts.
Indy

Hi Indiana Bob, I didn’t meant that Jesus has seen a shape of God The Father however we can gather that from John 6:46 and John 1:18. I believe that when it says that Jesus saw The Father it meant in the same was Moses saw Jesus when He revealed His backparts. It would seem strange that when Christ was in Heaven that He still can’t see The Father face to face otherwise what did Christ meant when He said that nobody has ever seen The Father except Him? Also how would The Father sent the Son if they have never communicated directly or tell Him what to say and exactly how to say it (John 12:49)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 03:06:37 AM »

It's a hard question to try to answer because "description" coupled with imagination fails.  Eye has not seen...nor has it entered into the mind of man what glories await.  It "seems" from the question that you may be thinking of the Father as in some way or measure discrete from His creation enabling his creatures to "see" Him.  All that apparently needs to happen is for the parameters to change.  But the Father is not discrete from creation, for in Him we have our being.  He is not a Spirit.  He IS Spirit.

Define "see".  Define "spirit".  Once you're comfortable with that, you can give yourself an answer that you can live with.  It will be as woefully lacking as everybody else's is (including mine), but it will do for now.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 03:09:22 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 06:41:41 AM »

Perhaps, Anjel, a careful reading and meditating of the following passage of Scripture, especially using different translations, will help you understand how the Elect first, and then eventually every creature, will "see" God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the transition of power which will eventually place, both outwardly AND inwardly: 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.