bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying  (Read 3055 times)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Praying
« on: April 22, 2022, 01:52:01 PM »

Most people believe that God answers prayers. I don't believe He does this. If you look at how evil man has made His creation, you do not see or hear of Him doing anything anywhere. Even though millions are praying 24 hrs. a day, everyday. If He did answer prayers to me that sounds like He is just playing with His creation with nothing  better to do. I don't think God is that weak to be doing this. To me it just doesn't sound like God despite what the Bible says and means Ray has proven that.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

ralph

Re: Praying
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 04:23:46 PM »

God answers every prayer.  It's just that we don't always get the answer we are wanting or expecting so we feel as though it wasn't answered. 

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 06:02:01 PM »

Most people believe that God answers prayers. I don't believe He does this. If you look at how evil man has made His creation, you do not see or hear of Him doing anything anywhere. Even though millions are praying 24 hrs. a day, everyday. If He did answer prayers to me that sounds like He is just playing with His creation with nothing  better to do. I don't think God is that weak to be doing this. To me it just doesn't sound like God despite what the Bible says and means Ray has proven that.  Ricky

I know God answers prayers because I've seen Him do it in my life. There's been times where I've been with my back against a corner or in a situation where I put myself in and God has rescued me. For example, when I was in the 9th grade, there was a school project that was really important and because I was lazy and procrastinated, I didn’t do it. The next day arrived and I was terrified of failing. Keep in mind, from what I remember, the teacher never missed class. So I’m standing there outside the classroom scared that I’ll repeat 9th grade and I started praying in my mind: “Father God, please make it so the teacher doesn’t come, I know I didn’t do the assignment but please I promise if she doesn’t show up, I’ll do the project when I get home, Amen”. Like 1 minute later a student comes to in front of the classroom and says “The office told me the teacher isn’t coming” and instantly I knew God heard me and answered my prayer. Wether you believe that was a coincidence or not is up to you but we know “All is of God” so I believe He answered my prayer to strengthen my faith and prove His mercy and I have countless stories of similar situations. Also Ray once told a story of where he said “God, if You want me to move to Mobile, find me a decent house” and within minutes he found a house. Also The Scriptures tell us that God hears our prayers and gives us what we desire if we pray with faith and it is in accord with His Will.

“Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways” (James 1:5-8). “And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven” (James 5:15). “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “if you have faith and do not doubt, not only will you do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:21-22). Because of this I say to you, all whatever—praying—you ask, believe that you receive, and it will be to you" (Mark 11:24). "And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him” (1 John 3:22).

And many other Scriptures testify that God answers our prayers. If He didn’t why would Jesus and The Apostles tells us to pray with faith and we shall receive? Ray wrote in his “Praying by God’s rules” that as long as you end your prayers with “Your Will be done” then no prayer ever will go unanswered. We think He doesn’t answer our prayers because we don’t always get what we want but if we pray that His will be done always then He will do it, sometimes He will gives us what we ask and sometimes He will say no but we must always accept His answer, not because we see what His plan is but because we walk by faith not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I think James answered perfectly the issue of unanswered prayers: “From where [are] wars and fightings among you? [Is it] not from here, out of your passions warring in your members? You desire, and do not have, [so] you murder; and you are zealous, and are not able to attain, [so] you fight and war; and you do not have, because of your not asking; you ask, and you do not receive, because you ask badly, that you may spend [it] in your pleasures” (James 4:1-3).  Also consider this, if God gave us every desire of our heart and answered every whim, how would we build faith? How would we become humble if He didn’t say no? We would get extremely puffed up. How would we depend on Him and walk sober minded if we are so spiritually drunk that we can’t see where we’re going?   
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »

If He answers every prayer, then why is He saying No to millions of praying people for the war in Ukraine to end? Why is He saying No to the little girls that are being raped and shot in the back of the head. I have been with God now for more than 20 years now, I don't know if I will continue to worship that kind God the Father. To me that would be Evil.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

ralph

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »

If He answers every prayer, then why is He saying No to millions of praying people for the war in Ukraine to end? Why is He saying No to the little girls that are being raped and shot in the back of the head. I have been with God now for more than 20 years now, I don't know if I will continue to worship that kind God the Father. To me that would be Evil.

Romans 9:20-24

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 07:45:40 PM »

The scriptures you put up have nothing to do with what I have said.

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 07:48:29 PM »

There is always an earthly reason for why your prayer was answered.

Extol

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 07:57:58 PM »

Ralph nailed it.

Ricky, we are not God. Why should we expect God to do what we want Him to? Have you not read the Bible, which describes the horrendous death Jesus Christ suffered? (And little girls who are raped are not innocent like Jesus Christ was.) Have you not read about the martyrs of Hebrews 11 who were stoned and sawn in two? Have you not read about the exquisite tortures inflicted by Nero upon Christians? Have you read of the many Christians burned alive for believing the Bible should be read in languages other than Latin? Do you think none of them asked God for deliverance? If you've read any of this, why does it surprise you that there is a war going on, and people are raped and killed? That has been the way of the world for thousands of years.

The beast kingdoms are given an allotted time to rule before the stone kingdom fills the whole earth (Daniel 2). To pray for the suffering to end before its appointed time is to pray against God's will, thus the billions of "unanswered" prayers. Even our Lord asked the cup to be taken from Him, but "not my will but thine be done."

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 08:18:35 PM »

Hi Ricky,
Understand your question, but NO is an answer as is NO not yet or not at this time.
It may help a little for you to consider that when we are given immortality our memory will be adjusted so that all evil things will be erased, all tears will be washed away and only true joy will stay with us.

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 
=
Isa 65:17  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Wendy

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 08:26:00 PM »

God definitely does answer our prayers not always the way we want Him to sometimes but He knows what's best for us.
I've had many answered and some not answered why I don't know but God always knows what's best for us .His ways are not out ways so that's why we don't understand at this time .one day I'm sure we will.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 10:11:27 PM »

Excerpt from 'Praying by God's rules' (http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm):

Did Jesus pray as earnestly as it is possible to pray that God would "let this cup pass?" YES, He did.

Did God grant Jesus His desire to "let this cup pass?" NO, He didn’t.

But, did Jesus get His prayer answered? YES, He surely did. How so? Because Jesus’ greater desire was that His Father’s will be done, rather than "let this cup pass." This example from our Lord is the answer to answered pray and it is also the answer to unanswered prayer.

If you always pray, "not as I will, but as THOU will," all of your prayers will be answered too. Whether you always get what you desire or you don’t get what you desire, if your greatest desire of all desires is for "THY WILL be done," then you can rest assured that from this day forward, all of your prayers will be answered always. God’s will (that is His intention for the way He has preordained everything to go), will always be done. No prayer has ever changed God’s plan or purpose in any way whatsoever. (Read my series on "free will").

Now then, if it was God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, and God inspires you to pray for that favor then it will surely be given to you. If on the other hand, if it was not God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, then no amount of praying will cause God to grant it to you. Either way, God’s will must be done, and if that is the greatest desire of your prayer for God’s will to be done in your life, then whether you receive some particular favor or you don’t receive it, nonetheless, YOUR PRAYER WILL BE ANSWERED.

I’m, personally, okay with that. Many of my readers may not be okay with that arrangement of things, but nevertheless, that is the way things are and that is the way things will always be—"THY will be done."
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Porter

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 11:14:30 PM »

Actually, it is God that creates, causes and controls evil, not man. Evil experiences are necessary if God is going to create humanity into His image, so that humanity may have the same working knowledge of evil as God does.

I cringe at the thought of God “inflicting” horrible evils on humanity, but I have to believe it's for an ultimately good reason; otherwise, I might go crazy.

I'm certain if there was a better way to create us in His image, God would do it that way. It gets a little easier to accept if you believe God is super smart and super wise, and He never makes mistakes.

Don't harden your heart for too long, Ricky. All the glory is God's.

Deu 32:39  See now that I alone am He; there is no God but Me. I bring death and I give life; I wound and I heal. No one can rescue anyone from My hand.

Rom_8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:27:25 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 11:46:14 PM »

It seems to me humanly that in order for God to appoint us to immortality and to great power so as to make us able to carry out our future responsibilities, we must learn how evil we can be as humans with selfish desires.
=
This life is not so that we can recognize our weaknesses and overcome many of them with God's help, but rather it is to convince us that we would never be able to achieve perfection and that perfection MUST be given to us, all of us, no exceptions.
Indy

Joel

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2022, 01:05:58 AM »

When I was a young man God told me to always pray and he will always listen but he will not always answer.

Joel

ralph

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 01:18:43 AM »

Excerpt from 'Praying by God's rules' (http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm):

Did Jesus pray as earnestly as it is possible to pray that God would "let this cup pass?" YES, He did.

Did God grant Jesus His desire to "let this cup pass?" NO, He didn’t.

But, did Jesus get His prayer answered? YES, He surely did. How so? Because Jesus’ greater desire was that His Father’s will be done, rather than "let this cup pass." This example from our Lord is the answer to answered pray and it is also the answer to unanswered prayer.

If you always pray, "not as I will, but as THOU will," all of your prayers will be answered too. Whether you always get what you desire or you don’t get what you desire, if your greatest desire of all desires is for "THY WILL be done," then you can rest assured that from this day forward, all of your prayers will be answered always. God’s will (that is His intention for the way He has preordained everything to go), will always be done. No prayer has ever changed God’s plan or purpose in any way whatsoever. (Read my series on "free will").

Now then, if it was God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, and God inspires you to pray for that favor then it will surely be given to you. If on the other hand, if it was not God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, then no amount of praying will cause God to grant it to you. Either way, God’s will must be done, and if that is the greatest desire of your prayer for God’s will to be done in your life, then whether you receive some particular favor or you don’t receive it, nonetheless, YOUR PRAYER WILL BE ANSWERED.

I’m, personally, okay with that. Many of my readers may not be okay with that arrangement of things, but nevertheless, that is the way things are and that is the way things will always be—"THY will be done."

Good find bro.  Thanks for sharing.

ralph

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 07:40:49 PM »

The scriptures you put up have nothing to do with what I have said.

I believe they have everything to do with what you said.  You are arguing against God.  You are putting his will, the way he does things, into question as if his methods are wrong or evil.

The vessels of wrath, the ones who murder, rape and start wars, vessels that we could have very well been had God not been merciful, are doing exactly what they were created to do. We being vessels of mercy, would not understand mercy if there weren’t vessels of wrath. We’d have no idea what great evil and darkness we are being delivered from. We wouldn’t understand and appreciate good if there wasn’t evil.  We wouldn't understand and appreciate light if there wasn’t darkness.   

I can think of other pertinent scripture like the book of Job, parable of the sower.  Take heed.  This bitterness will consume you.  I know,  I was there not too long ago.

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 11:31:02 AM »

I am not saying it is wrong or evil when God does what He does, He's GOD He can do whatever he likes, whenever He likes or however He likes. Me wanting to know the answer to why he did it that way is me trying to prepare myself for whatever might be coming next. But that would probably be going against His will also. If I can't find the correct answer to this, I will lose my interest in this it seems to make Him happy when you go against His will because He is in charge of you doing that anyways. If doing good is going against His will I am going to end up in jail because I need to be evil to learn what it is and how it feels. Yup  I will believe that so I don't go against His will again.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 04:36:02 PM »

I am not saying it is wrong or evil when God does what He does, He's GOD He can do whatever he likes, whenever He likes or however He likes. Me wanting to know the answer to why he did it that way is me trying to prepare myself for whatever might be coming next. But that would probably be going against His will also. If I can't find the correct answer to this, I will lose my interest in this it seems to make Him happy when you go against His will because He is in charge of you doing that anyways. If doing good is going against His will I am going to end up in jail because I need to be evil to learn what it is and how it feels. Yup  I will believe that so I don't go against His will again.

Whether we do good acts or evil ones we are doing God's will, so there is never a  possibility we can go against his will.

I believe the need to know why he does things the way he does is what inspires us to seek to understand him more fully, and that is also God's will.

Do we need to murder someone to understand the evil of it?

This scripture is one that helped me in my desire to understand many troubling things.

James 1:5

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

And most importantly is the very good purpose for all of our human trials and suffering.

Jeremiah 29:11

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ 

Roman's 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Ricky

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 06:03:38 PM »

Wanda, Thank-you so much, you have given me what I needed to understand something. Jer. 29,11 Does that mean after you die and and now in the spirit world with God.  Ricky

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 08:11:16 PM »

Wanda, Thank-you so much, you have given me what I needed to understand something. Jer. 29,11 Does that mean after you die and and now in the spirit world with God.  Ricky

Yes Ricky that's what I understand. All of our trials and suffering benifit us now, in ways that move us even closer to seeing the hope of the future we have been promised. 
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.