> Off Topic Discussions

Praying

(1/6) > >>

Ricky:
Most people believe that God answers prayers. I don't believe He does this. If you look at how evil man has made His creation, you do not see or hear of Him doing anything anywhere. Even though millions are praying 24 hrs. a day, everyday. If He did answer prayers to me that sounds like He is just playing with His creation with nothing  better to do. I don't think God is that weak to be doing this. To me it just doesn't sound like God despite what the Bible says and means Ray has proven that.  Ricky

ralph:
God answers every prayer.  It's just that we don't always get the answer we are wanting or expecting so we feel as though it wasn't answered. 

Anjel Uriel:

--- Quote from: Ricky on April 22, 2022, 01:52:01 PM ---Most people believe that God answers prayers. I don't believe He does this. If you look at how evil man has made His creation, you do not see or hear of Him doing anything anywhere. Even though millions are praying 24 hrs. a day, everyday. If He did answer prayers to me that sounds like He is just playing with His creation with nothing  better to do. I don't think God is that weak to be doing this. To me it just doesn't sound like God despite what the Bible says and means Ray has proven that.  Ricky

--- End quote ---

I know God answers prayers because I've seen Him do it in my life. There's been times where I've been with my back against a corner or in a situation where I put myself in and God has rescued me. For example, when I was in the 9th grade, there was a school project that was really important and because I was lazy and procrastinated, I didn’t do it. The next day arrived and I was terrified of failing. Keep in mind, from what I remember, the teacher never missed class. So I’m standing there outside the classroom scared that I’ll repeat 9th grade and I started praying in my mind: “Father God, please make it so the teacher doesn’t come, I know I didn’t do the assignment but please I promise if she doesn’t show up, I’ll do the project when I get home, Amen”. Like 1 minute later a student comes to in front of the classroom and says “The office told me the teacher isn’t coming” and instantly I knew God heard me and answered my prayer. Wether you believe that was a coincidence or not is up to you but we know “All is of God” so I believe He answered my prayer to strengthen my faith and prove His mercy and I have countless stories of similar situations. Also Ray once told a story of where he said “God, if You want me to move to Mobile, find me a decent house” and within minutes he found a house. Also The Scriptures tell us that God hears our prayers and gives us what we desire if we pray with faith and it is in accord with His Will.

“Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways” (James 1:5-8). “And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven” (James 5:15). “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “if you have faith and do not doubt, not only will you do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:21-22). Because of this I say to you, all whatever—praying—you ask, believe that you receive, and it will be to you" (Mark 11:24). "And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him” (1 John 3:22).

And many other Scriptures testify that God answers our prayers. If He didn’t why would Jesus and The Apostles tells us to pray with faith and we shall receive? Ray wrote in his “Praying by God’s rules” that as long as you end your prayers with “Your Will be done” then no prayer ever will go unanswered. We think He doesn’t answer our prayers because we don’t always get what we want but if we pray that His will be done always then He will do it, sometimes He will gives us what we ask and sometimes He will say no but we must always accept His answer, not because we see what His plan is but because we walk by faith not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I think James answered perfectly the issue of unanswered prayers: “From where [are] wars and fightings among you? [Is it] not from here, out of your passions warring in your members? You desire, and do not have, [so] you murder; and you are zealous, and are not able to attain, [so] you fight and war; and you do not have, because of your not asking; you ask, and you do not receive, because you ask badly, that you may spend [it] in your pleasures” (James 4:1-3).  Also consider this, if God gave us every desire of our heart and answered every whim, how would we build faith? How would we become humble if He didn’t say no? We would get extremely puffed up. How would we depend on Him and walk sober minded if we are so spiritually drunk that we can’t see where we’re going?   

Ricky:
If He answers every prayer, then why is He saying No to millions of praying people for the war in Ukraine to end? Why is He saying No to the little girls that are being raped and shot in the back of the head. I have been with God now for more than 20 years now, I don't know if I will continue to worship that kind God the Father. To me that would be Evil.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Ricky on April 22, 2022, 06:04:59 PM ---If He answers every prayer, then why is He saying No to millions of praying people for the war in Ukraine to end? Why is He saying No to the little girls that are being raped and shot in the back of the head. I have been with God now for more than 20 years now, I don't know if I will continue to worship that kind God the Father. To me that would be Evil.

--- End quote ---

Romans 9:20-24

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version