bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying  (Read 3055 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Praying
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2022, 10:54:10 PM »

Ricky, I thought you would want to know I prayed God would provide an answer that would help you. ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 11:04:33 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Porter

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2022, 11:22:42 PM »

God has a will, and God also has an intention. Below is a quote from Ray that explains how this works, maybe it'll help a little.

https://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

These inspired words of the Apostle Paul are so clear that one has to be downright stubborn as to the truth, not to believe them:

"Consequently, then, to whom He will, He is merciful, yet whom He will, He is hardening. You will be protesting to me, then, 'Why, then, is He [God] still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?' O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, 'Why do you make me thus?' Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?" (Rom. 9:18-21)

God said He raised Pharaoh up for the express purpose of displaying His power in him (Ver. 17). It is an historical and Scriptural fact that God did this to Pharaoh. Ver. 18 then states that, consequently then, God is either "merciful," or "hardens" anyone He wants to. And whosoever they are have nothing to say about God's doing so.

Well, of course, if one is hostile against God and His word, his retort to this statement of Paul's would then be:

"WHY, THEN, IS HE STILL BLAMING?" (Ver. 19)

How can God hold people accountable for their sins when it was "He" [God] who brought about their condition? At least Paul's detractors had the sense to realize that if what Paul was saying is true, then they are solely at God's mercy (not their own ability) to ever change their condition, because their next statement is:

" ... for who has WITHSTOOD HIS INTENTION?" (Ver. 19).

God intends for men to go against His will (that's how men become lost so that God can then save them), but no one, absolutely NO ONE, has ever gone against God's INTENTION! Hey, don't get angry with me - I'm just quoting the Scriptures.

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Ricky

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2022, 01:24:31 AM »

Thank-you  Porter.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

indianabob

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2022, 08:12:09 PM »

Thanks Porter,
Helpful selection of Ray's thoughts.
Great choice of Apostle Paul's writing for the subject at hand.
We all need to consider in our own minds who the maker of human vessels is.
Some think having God in direct command would make us robots, but no not even robots, just clay.
=
I would just add that when God is finished we all will be given a perfect prize, life in God's immortal family.
Then no one will be lonely or afraid ever again.  :)

God has a will, and God also has an intention. Below is a quote from Ray that explains how this works, maybe it'll help a little.

https://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

These inspired words of the Apostle Paul are so clear that one has to be downright stubborn as to the truth, not to believe them:

"Consequently, then, to whom He will, He is merciful, yet whom He will, He is hardening. You will be protesting to me, then, 'Why, then, is He [God] still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?' O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, 'Why do you make me thus?' Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?" (Rom. 9:18-21)

God said He raised Pharaoh up for the express purpose of displaying His power in him (Ver. 17). It is an historical and Scriptural fact that God did this to Pharaoh. Ver. 18 then states that, consequently then, God is either "merciful," or "hardens" anyone He wants to. And whosoever they are have nothing to say about God's doing so.

Well, of course, if one is hostile against God and His word, his retort to this statement of Paul's would then be:

"WHY, THEN, IS HE STILL BLAMING?" (Ver. 19)

How can God hold people accountable for their sins when it was "He" [God] who brought about their condition? At least Paul's detractors had the sense to realize that if what Paul was saying is true, then they are solely at God's mercy (not their own ability) to ever change their condition, because their next statement is:

" ... for who has WITHSTOOD HIS INTENTION?" (Ver. 19).

God intends for men to go against His will (that's how men become lost so that God can then save them), but no one, absolutely NO ONE, has ever gone against God's INTENTION! Hey, don't get angry with me - I'm just quoting the Scriptures.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2022, 09:46:23 PM »

Yes, than you Porter.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2022, 04:33:30 PM »

Wanda, Thank-you so much, you have given me what I needed to understand something. Jer. 29,11 Does that mean after you die and and now in the spirit world with God.  Ricky

Yes Ricky that's what I understand. All of our trials and suffering benifit us now, in ways that move us even closer to seeing the hope of the future we have been promised.

This may help our attitude:  https://youtu.be/XvrDEvjajog

indianabob

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2022, 01:00:39 AM »

Thanks Dennis,
I like Steve Harvey and all that he had to say.
I recall that he came up from the bottom the hard way himself.
Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.