> Off Topic Discussions

Praying

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ricky:
The scriptures you put up have nothing to do with what I have said.

Ricky:
There is always an earthly reason for why your prayer was answered.

Extol:
Ralph nailed it.

Ricky, we are not God. Why should we expect God to do what we want Him to? Have you not read the Bible, which describes the horrendous death Jesus Christ suffered? (And little girls who are raped are not innocent like Jesus Christ was.) Have you not read about the martyrs of Hebrews 11 who were stoned and sawn in two? Have you not read about the exquisite tortures inflicted by Nero upon Christians? Have you read of the many Christians burned alive for believing the Bible should be read in languages other than Latin? Do you think none of them asked God for deliverance? If you've read any of this, why does it surprise you that there is a war going on, and people are raped and killed? That has been the way of the world for thousands of years.

The beast kingdoms are given an allotted time to rule before the stone kingdom fills the whole earth (Daniel 2). To pray for the suffering to end before its appointed time is to pray against God's will, thus the billions of "unanswered" prayers. Even our Lord asked the cup to be taken from Him, but "not my will but thine be done."

indianabob:

--- Quote from: Ricky on April 22, 2022, 06:04:59 PM ---If He answers every prayer, then why is He saying No to millions of praying people for the war in Ukraine to end? Why is He saying No to the little girls that are being raped and shot in the back of the head. I have been with God now for more than 20 years now, I don't know if I will continue to worship that kind God the Father. To me that would be Evil.

--- End quote ---

Hi Ricky,
Understand your question, but NO is an answer as is NO not yet or not at this time.
It may help a little for you to consider that when we are given immortality our memory will be adjusted so that all evil things will be erased, all tears will be washed away and only true joy will stay with us.

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 
=
Isa 65:17  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Wendy:
God definitely does answer our prayers not always the way we want Him to sometimes but He knows what's best for us.
I've had many answered and some not answered why I don't know but God always knows what's best for us .His ways are not out ways so that's why we don't understand at this time .one day I'm sure we will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version