bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The two gospels theory  (Read 3207 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The two gospels theory
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2022, 05:55:46 PM »

Fair enough Bob. Apologies, if it seemed like I was challenging you personally. I genuinely had a hard time understanding what was being said, aside from what sounded like “grace came from Paul” or that it was Paul's gospel.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 06:12:23 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 09:18:07 AM »

And that's the crux of what I've been trying to say.  It is a "theological" understanding and defining of the very word "gospel".  It's not a bible word, it's a word.  I'd advise you to follow your own counsel, though care should be taken with bible-dictionaries.  I don't want an argument either, but I do want to answer Octoberose's question. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »

Fair enough Bob. Apologies, if it seemed like I was challenging you personally. I genuinely had a hard time understanding what was being said, aside from what sounded like “grace came from Paul” or that it was Paul's gospel.

Hi Porter,
No apology necessary.
You did not ask anything at all offensive to me.
However, we have limitations on what we can share on this forum so that casual readers will not be misled.
Everything that Ray Smith wrote has been carefully examined to avoid confusing any readers.
What you and I hold as opinions has not been carefully examined to make it safe for others.
= =
I would be happy to share anything that I THINK that I know with you, ONE on ONE.
Your friend Indiana Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.