> General Discussions

The two gospels theory

<< < (2/5) > >>

octoberose:
Well, these particular people love Paul .  The struggle seems to be with all the verses that promise things to Israel that are not the same as those promised to the bride of Christ - a new Jerusalem or a New Heaven?  Yes, works and faith also.  Anyone interested I’ll PM you a list, but I’m not trying to make their case for them .   But I admit it bothers me. It’s a belief that Israel was never the bride .  I appreciate the link to Ray and will go back to that.

indianabob:
What if Peter is right and Paul is right?
What if Peter is right for the chosen people of God under the law?
Paul is right for the gentiles who are chosen apart from the law?
bob

Wendy:
I pray everyone is well.
I'd like to see the list Octoberose I'd like to read it tks
God bless.
Wendy

Dave in Tenn:
For my part, if you give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.  If you give a man a bible, he can find a way to misunderstand it.  I think they ran across a verse or two that they didn't quite understand and fashioned a doctrine to explain instead of letting Scripture and Spirit explain.

Mostly it strikes me as taking the spiritual and interpreting it literally.  They are failing to compare spiritual with spiritual.  Jesus preached the Gospel of the kingdom.  In the kingdom, there is no Jew or Greek.  Physical circumcision is of no benefit, and neither is physical uncircumcision.  If these folks are overly concerned with, essentially, real estate...they have lost the plot. 

Their premise is in error, and it follows that every strand that flows from that error is just more error.  I watched a short video recently that was of this persuasion.  The speaker said, in effect, that to understand the gospel, I had to accept a theological position.  No thank you, and no.  Click.

Nobody disappoints me like believers in "universal reconciliation". Too many of them have not come far enough out of Babylon or have not been out long enough.  And too many of those are teaching.

Dave in Tenn:
Just to add:. I think most of Ray's well-formed thoughts on this are in the Rapture paper, of all places.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version