bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan in charge of the nations.  (Read 2055 times)

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Satan in charge of the nations.
« on: May 09, 2022, 11:16:32 PM »

Luk 4:5  And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Luk 4:6  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

The only other place this is mentioned in the gospels is

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Mat 4:9  And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Not trying to split hairs, but Matthew leaves out the part that says it was delivered unto Satan and he can give it to whoever he wants.  Does anyone know of another spot that backs this up? Just because Jesus didn’t call him out as a liar doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a supporting scripture, or does it?

Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Satan in charge of the nations.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 04:42:26 AM »

He said, "Thou shall not tempt the Lord your God".  There's a true statement, every word of it.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 10:27:37 PM »

Luk 4:5  And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Luk 4:6  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

The only other place this is mentioned in the gospels is

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Mat 4:9  And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Not trying to split hairs, but Matthew leaves out the part that says it was delivered unto Satan and he can give it to whoever he wants.  Does anyone know of another spot that backs this up? Just because Jesus didn’t call him out as a liar doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a supporting scripture, or does it?

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. John 14:30

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Ephesians 2:2

We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. 1 John 5:19

As we see from The Scriptures above God has given dominion of this world to Satan. This is necessary for His children to learn good and evil and learn to resist and overcome the carnality inside them. However, God doesn’t let Satan run amok without restrain since we see in Job that He still has power over Satan and we read in 2 Thessalonians that Jesus holds back evil not only outside the world but inside ourselves also.

And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 04:34:15 PM »

Thanks for the answers. Dave, I was looking for a yes or no so I didn't think you really answered me. Until I chewed on it a bit and realized you did. How easy it is to be blind.
Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 07:02:43 PM »

Not trying to split hairs, but Matthew leaves out the part that says it was delivered unto Satan and he can give it to whoever he wants. 

This was before the resurrection however.  Did anything change after the resurrection?  Yes it did I believe.

Mt28:16-18

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.  And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth....

I don't have a second witness to this scripture yet and haven't looked for one at this point but I do believe that after the resurrection and Satan being defeated at the cross that Jesus became the rightful authority in this world and that Satan only does what God wants him to do in order to bring his word to pass.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 07:10:49 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Powerful tools are still just tools.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 11:45:52 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Powerful tools are still just tools.

Especially when they think they have a totally free will that not even God himself can thwart.  Perhaps that is the ultimate deception of all.

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 06:58:04 AM »

Something I don't understand here, how is it possible for the devil to take Jesus anywhere? Or why would Jesus go anywhere with the devil? This makes no sense to me.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »

From the link Dave provided, LOF PT.1X

Satan attempts the impossible

Satan tried to disqualify Jesus in the beginning of His ministry.

Matt.4:1….. Then Jesus was led up of the SPIRIT  into the wilderness
to be tempted of the devil.

Notice that it was the Spirit of God that led Jesus to be tempted of the devil.Can we not see
that Satan serves a needful purpose in God’s plan. It was absolutely needful that Satan tempt
Jesus. If it weren’t needful , God wouldn’t have done it. And so Satan tried to bribe Christ
into worshiping him.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.