> General Discussions

Did The Garden of Eden happen Historically?

(1/2) > >>

Anjel Uriel:
I ask because I know that everything in The Scriptures is spiritual. Even the literal things have a spiritual connotation. My question is however, did Adam and Eve literally or better yet historically eat of a tree. In other words was this a purely parabolic story or a historical event with spiritual symbolism? The symbols are there when God shows you like The Tree of Life is Christ, the flaming sword is judgement, their nakedness is their wickedness and God slaying an animal to clothe them is obviously of Christ sacrificing Himself to clothe us with His Righteousness. So I thought maybe it’s all symbolical. But, then in books like Romans and Corinthians, Paul talks about The Garden like it was an historical event that took place and even Christ mentioned Abel by name as an actual person that was killed. So is there anything in The Scriptures that tells us if it was historical or purely symbolic ? Also I tried to search in Ray’s emails but in some it seems like he implies it was purely symbolic and in others that it was historical. From my understanding, it was a historical event that took place for our admonition. There really was a garden but God tells us the story with obvious symbolisms to His Elect so they have a better understanding of His Plan. However, if someone knows more then please let me know.

Dennis Vogel:
Just in case you did not see this:

Adam and Eve were Not Created Perfect in the Image of God!  https://youtu.be/gX4djlwUPKU

Anjel Uriel:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on May 10, 2022, 08:52:09 PM ---[/b]Just in case you did not see this:

Adam and Eve were Not Created Perfect in the Image of God!  https://youtu.be/gX4djlwUPKU

--- End quote ---

Hi Dennis, I rewatched the video and I wholeheartedly agree with Ray. Adam and Eve were already carnal before they disobeyed God. I remember that in one of his audios Ray said something along the lines of “when God finished creating something He says “it was and it was good” but when He talks about creating man in His Image He never says “and it was nor it was good” meaning it’s not finished, He’s still creating man in His Image to this day”.

I also used to believe Adam and Eve were created perfectly but after discovering The Truth and coming here, I realized that it’s another Babylonian doctrine to put humans above God by saying they defied Him with their “free will”. If Adam and Eve were made in The Image of God, they would have rebuked Satan and not sin by coveting and disobeying. Christ is The Image of God and He never sinned, not even when tempted in a more severe manner than Adam and Eve.

But back to my original question. So what I’m getting from the video other than what we discussed above is that Ray did believe that Adam and Eve were real people. 

Rene:

--- Quote from: Anjel Uriel on May 10, 2022, 09:59:39 PM ---
But back to my original question. So what I’m getting from the video other than what we discussed above is that Ray did believe that
Adam and Eve were real people.

--- End quote ---

Hi Anjel,

The 4th chapter of Genesis record the names of some of the children of Adam and Eve, starting with Abel, Cain, and then Seth. The scriptures continue to record their lineage and descendants which clearly indicate they were real people.

Anjel Uriel:

--- Quote from: Rene on May 10, 2022, 11:34:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Anjel Uriel on May 10, 2022, 09:59:39 PM ---
But back to my original question. So what I’m getting from the video other than what we discussed above is that Ray did believe that
Adam and Eve were real people.

--- End quote ---

Hi Anjel,

The 4th chapter of Genesis record the names of some of the children of Adam and Eve, starting with Abel, Cain, and then Seth. The scriptures continue to record their lineage and descendants which clearly indicate they were real people.

--- End quote ---

Hi Rene, thanks for your response. I thought about Genesis 4 as proof that they were real people but I guess I was influenced by other comments in some topics of people saying that it was all symbolic and also of still unlearning Babylonian doctrine so I sometimes forget that not every single thing they say it’s a lie. Obviously they mixed the truth with deception, they say Adam and Eve were real people but mixed up with the lie that they were created perfect. But, thanks to you and Dennis responses, now I know understand that they were real people and historically, the events of the Garden did happen. Now I know that like most historical events in The Scriptures, it has a deeper spiritual meaning. First the natural or historical event and then comes the spiritual symbolism and understanding. Again, thanks for the help.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version