> General Discussions

Did The Garden of Eden happen Historically?

<< < (2/2)

indianabob:
Hi Anjel,
Gen 1:31.
God saw everything that He had made and behold it was very good.
Good for the designed purpose.
Good for fulfilling the plan God had to gradually develop mankind.
Even Satan was created for a good purpose.

Anjel Uriel:

--- Quote from: indianabob on May 12, 2022, 02:07:06 AM ---Hi Anjel,
Gen 1:31.
God saw everything that He had made and behold it was very good.
Good for the designed purpose.
Good for fulfilling the plan God had to gradually develop mankind.
Even Satan was created for a good purpose.

--- End quote ---

Hi IndiBob, I was actually paraphrasing what Ray said in the audio 'Saved by Grace through Faith". I know that everything that God created was good for its specific purpose but I was talking about this:

Saved By Grace Thru Faith . . . . . . . . . . Biblestudy June 2007
https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,5417.msg43144.html#msg43144
Anyway, I don’t know how far to go with this. How do we correlate 15 1/2 billion years, that they say the universe has been here and 5 billion years that the earth has been here, to Genesis that which says God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days. How in the world could that ever be correlated? One has got to be flat out wrong, maybe not.

Gen 1:12  And the earth brought forth grass, herbs yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after their kind: and God saw that IT WAS GOOD.

Gen 1:14-15  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:  and let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth: and IT WAS SO.

Gen 1:18  and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that IT WAS GOOD.

Gen 1:21  And God created the great whales, and every living creature that moveth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind: and God saw that IT WAS GOOD.

Whales? No, I afraid that does not fit there. That’s another thing I might go into, “the great whales” What was it that God created there? The “great” part is right, great - awesome - awful - terrible, but the whale part is not right. 

Gen 1:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind, cattle, and creeping things, and beasts of the earth after their kind: and IT WAS SO.

Gen 1:25  And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps upon the ground after its kind: and God saw that IT WAS GOOD.

Are you following that? It was good - it was so - it was good - it was so - it was good - it was so - it was good - it was good - it was so - it was good.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the foul of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
v. 27  And God created man in His own image (Hebrew says - So creating is God humanity), in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
v. 28  And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the foul of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the face of the earth.
v. 29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:

“So We are creating man” Adam and Eve right? This is the full description of it, it’s the major session of it in chapter one and then we go into every beast of the field. Then we go into some other subject. What happened to ‘it is so’? Well I can see it’s not there, because it was NOT SO. It wasn’t yet good. 

He skipped right over that and He talks about the animals, the beast and every creeping thing.  I’ve given you every herb of the field for food, now it is so. Now all this food I’ve given you, every beast and cattle for food and it was so. 

But the biggest of all in this whole creation story, the creation of Adam and Eve. The creation of humanity and it wasn’t so, nor does it say it was good. Why? To me it is so obvious…. it’s not complete! This part was not complete.

The animals were made like they were suppose to be made and it was so. Adam and Eve were not made the way it was suppose to be and it was NOT so, it was NOT good. This is the whole purpose for human existence... we are not yet complete! It is not yet so, neither is it yet good. 

When you turn on the news on CNN - World New - Fox News - MSNBC and see what’s happening today, do you think it is good out there? It’s not good. This human race on this earth is not living like they were made in the spiritual image of God, for sure. So He said, “Let Us be making (the process) man into Our image,” but it was not so. 

indianabob:
Quote: "But the biggest of all in this whole creation story, the creation of Adam and Eve. The creation of humanity and it wasn’t so, nor does it say it was good. Why? To me it is so obvious…. it’s not complete! This part was not complete."
Hi Anjel,
I agree with Ray Smith that we are a work in progress and not yet complete.
However I will stretch a point to say that we are still "good for the designed purpose" anyway. God is starting with clay and molding it into something of value. So sure we are not finished, but we are still good clay. All clay needs to be pounded and molded to take out the impurities and air bubbles, that is just part of the process, but the human "animal" with a conscious mind, an incomplete character etc etc. is still good for God's purpose. God wanted us to be imperfect. He did that intentionally.  :)
Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version