bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus in Proverbs 8  (Read 1417 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Jesus in Proverbs 8
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »

I don’t believe this post counts as teaching since I don’t believe I’m saying anything new, I’m just discussing Scriptures and using Paul’s own words of how Christ is Wisdom. I’m using principles that Ray taught of comparing Spiritual with Spiritual and Ray himself did a study on Proverbs 8 so I’m not in uncharted territory.

I was reading Proverbs 8 and I believe God shows us how Christ came to be and what He was doing with The Father before coming to earth. We know that Christ is The Wisdom of God, His Mystery and Riches.( 1 Corinthians 1:30, 1 Corinthians 1:24, Ephesians 1:17, Colossians 2:3, Colossians 2:2, Romans 11:33, 1 Corinthians 2:7). Therefore when the Scriptures speak of Wisdom or The Spirit of Wisdom we know that it’s talking about Christ. So with that understanding when we read about Wisdom speaking in first person, then we know for certain that it’s Christ speaking. Also Christ and the disciples called The Father Lord so we know that The Father also bears the title of Lord since it was His Title that He gave to His Son. We will know go to Proverbs 8 were Wisdom details it’s origin and since Christ is wisdom and The Father is also The Lord, then this verse is about Christ telling us of His Beginning. Let’s know read this with Christ as wisdom and The Father as Lord.

1 Does not wisdom {Christ} call out,
and understanding raise her {His} voice?
2 On the heights overlooking the road,
at the crossroads she {He} takes her {His} stand.
3 Beside the gates to the city,
at the entrances she {He} cries out:
4 “To you, O men, I call out,
and my cry is to the sons of men.
5 O simple ones, learn to be shrewd;
O fools, gain understanding.
6 Listen, for I speak of noble things,
and the opening of my lips will reveal right.
7 For my mouth will speak the truth,
and wickedness is detestable to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are righteous;
none are crooked or perverse.
9 They are all plain to the discerning,
and upright to those who find knowledge.
10 Receive my instruction instead of silver,
and knowledge rather than pure gold.
11 For wisdom {Christ} is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire compares with her {Him}.
12 I, wisdom {Jesus Christ}, dwell together with prudence,
and I find knowledge and discretion.
13 To fear the LORD {The Father} is to hate evil;
I hate arrogant pride, evil conduct, and perverse speech.
14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have insight and strength.
15 By me kings reign,
and rulers enact just laws;
16 By me princes rule,
and all nobles who govern justly.b
17 I love those who love me,
and those who seek me early shall find me.
18 With me are riches and honor,
enduring wealth and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, pure gold,
and my harvest surpasses choice silver.
20 I walk in the way of righteousness,
along the paths of justice,
21 bestowing wealth on those who love me
and making their treasuries full.
22 The LORD {The Father} created me as His first course,
before His works of old. (The same as in Revelations where He calls Himself the Beginning of The Creation of God.)
23 From everlasting I was established {other translation put anointed},
from the beginning, before the earth began. (He was at the beginning and is the beginning)
24 When there were no watery depths, I was brought forth (Christ said He came forth from The Father),
when no springs were overflowing with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled,
before the hills, I was brought forth (For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came FORTH from You; and they have believed that You sent Me)
26 before He made the land or fields,
or any of the dust of the earth.
27 I was there when He established the heavens,
when He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when He established the clouds above,
when the fountains of the deep gushed forth,
29 when He set a boundary for the sea,
so that the waters would not surpass His command,
when He marked out the foundations of the earth.
30 Then I was a skilled craftsman at His side {Wisdom becomes The Creator, sound familiar?),
and His delightd day by day,
rejoicing always in His presence.
31 I was rejoicing in His whole world,
delighting together in the sons of men.
32 Now therefore, my sons, listen to me,
for blessed are those who keep my ways .
33 Listen to instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it. (“Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me”. John 14:24)
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me (But He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." Luke 11:28),
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at the posts of my doorway. (“It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. What I say to you, I say to everyone: “Watch!”  Mark 13:34 and 37)
35 For whoever finds me finds life (“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; John 11:25)
and obtains the favor of the LORD {The Father}. (Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 12:26)
36 But he who fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.” (Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. John 3:19)

There’s so much more on this verse like Wisdom loves righteousness and hates evil and that’s exactly the description Psalms and Hebrews gives us of Christ. There’s so much more but I wanted to share what I found first with you all. Wisdom speaks to humanity and Jesus Christ came to save humanity.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 04:48:45 PM by Anjel Uriel »
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Jesus in Proverbs 8
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 12:54:20 PM »

2 Chron.6:18… not even all the heaven of the heavens can contain Him.

Isaiah 52:7…How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of Him that brings good tiding.( good news gospel)

Eph.1:13,,, In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel
of your salvation.

Rev. 1:3,,, Blessed is he that reads and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things
that are written therein.

Thankyou Anjel… very inspirational and uplifting.

In Christ Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

ralph

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 01:34:16 AM »

Yes.  Amen.    Ray talked about this in his talk, "Does God Learn".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQijG4zWXxw&t=7s

Ray discusses the phrase “I was brought forth” from proverbs 8:24.

It’s strong’s H2342 meaning “to writhe in pain” amongst other things.   In other words, it was through great suffering that God the Father brought forth wisdom, or Jesus Christ. 

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 11:15:42 PM »

2 Chron.6:18… not even all the heaven of the heavens can contain Him.

Isaiah 52:7…How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of Him that brings good tiding.( good news gospel)

Eph.1:13,,, In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel
of your salvation.

Rev. 1:3,,, Blessed is he that reads and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things
that are written therein.

Thankyou Anjel… very inspirational and uplifting.

In Christ Pamela

I’m glad The Lord could lift up your spirit through this post Pamela ;D. I was so excited when He showed me this that I just had to share with you all. Also loved the verses you posted, they remind us that our Lord is ever with us and is always blessing us.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 11:44:38 PM »

Yes.  Amen.    Ray talked about this in his talk, "Does God Learn".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQijG4zWXxw&t=7s

Ray discusses the phrase “I was brought forth” from proverbs 8:24.

It’s strong’s H2342 meaning “to writhe in pain” amongst other things.   In other words, it was through great suffering that God the Father brought forth wisdom, or Jesus Christ.

Hi Ralph, I saw Ray’s talk on YouTube (the video appears private now for some reason) and it was really educational and awe inspiring that The Father was willing to subject Himself to that to bring forth His Son. It’s like Ray said “don’t ever think God never suffered, you have a Father who can identify with you”. I’m paraphrasing but he said something along those lines. Our Father willingly subject Himself to unimaginable pain to birth His Son. Like Ray said, when God applies to Himself a characteristic we share with Him, it’s always in a infinitely greater amount, so we can’t even comprehend what The Father went trough to birth His Son and our Lord.

Our Lord also learned obedience by things that He suffered {Hebrews 5:8} and Ray even said that he didn’t believe it just applied to His earthly life and that we don’t know what Jesus Christ went through to become glorified with The Father before The World began (John 17:5). If all the children of God have to suffer many things to learn good and evil, become obedient and be glorified. Then, Christ as The Firstborn must have went through unimaginable trials with The Father before The World began to receive The Glory of The Preeminent One and Inherit The name Jehovah and The Title God.

It’s comforting and soothing to know that The Father and The Son will never put us through things and burdens that They are not willing to go through themselves. When I think of what God went through for us, then our sufferings suddenly don’t feel so bad, they don’t compare to what He went through and His Endurance is unquantifiable.

Praise be Our Father and Lord forever, Amen.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 09:06:32 AM »

Here is another verse corroborating the thread of Father, Son, and Ray's video:

"Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens" (Hebrews 8:1)

The phrase "the sum" is the Greek word kephalaion, meaning "principal thing".

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.