> General Discussions

Hungarian LOF translation

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Vogel:
On May 13th I received an email from a man in Hungary named Frank. He laboriously translated the Lake of Fire series into Hungarian using MS Word. It must have taken him many months, perhaps a year. I can tell he must have typed almost all of it in except for the bible verses.

It would have taken me months to convert the 26 files into HTML 5 but I found a site that does it on line: https://www.idrsolutions.com/online-word-to-html5-converter

The site does an okay job but it could be better. There are some line spacing issues and I cannot get links to work. But I got everything done in two weeks!

You will see their logo in the bottom of the screen but I don't care. As I approach 79 in July I am very grateful for their site.

Frank said he will be 70 in December so we are both more than a little old.

See the homepage and find the new Hungarian link. It all looks okay on my PC.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on May 31, 2022, 07:50:11 PM ---On May 13th I received an email from a man in Hungary named Frank. He laboriously translated the Lake of Fire series into Hungarian using MS Word. It must have taken him many months, perhaps a year. I can tell he must have typed almost all of it in except for the bible verses.

It would have taken me months to convert the 26 files into HTML 5 but I found a site that does it on line: https://www.idrsolutions.com/online-word-to-html5-converter

The site does an okay job but it could be better. There are some line spacing issues and I cannot get links to work. But I got everything done in two weeks!

You will see their logo in the bottom of the screen but I don't care. As I approach 79 in July I am very grateful for their site.

Frank said he will be 70 in December so we are both more than a little old.

See the homepage and find the new Hungarian link. It all looks okay on my PC.

--- End quote ---

It looks great on my end.  Awesome work Dennis and Frank!

indianabob:
Great effort and a blessing for all Dennis,
Have you had many request for the series in Hungarian?
Just wondering?

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: indianabob on June 01, 2022, 12:48:43 AM ---Great effort and a blessing for all Dennis,
Have you had many request for the series in Hungarian?
Just wondering?

--- End quote ---

No, but I am happy to post his work even if it only helps a few people a year.

indianabob:
Good to hear.
Also, you know there could be many who read a little English and are fluent in Hungarian who would benefit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version