bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Spanish Bible  (Read 775 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Good Spanish Bible
« on: June 05, 2022, 12:02:44 PM »

Hi brothers and sister. This is gonna be a really long post but I feel it’s necessary to our Spanish knowing brethren. Today, I decided to write this to help people who know spanish and want to know what Bible to read.

Now, I’m from Puerto Rico and if you know about it’s history then you will know that the inhabitants of the island are natural-born American citizens. They are American just as if they were born in one of the 50 states. However, because it was colonized by Spain, the native tongue is Spanish. The census done in 2017 concluded that half of the residents know English. That leaves half the population without access to Bible translations like Concordant, Rotherham’s, Young’s and other translations which present God’s Word more accurately.

People, due to being more traditional, go to church every weekend. To the point that you can’t even drive for more than around 10 minutes without finding a church. Citizens depend on their church leaders and sadly the main church here is The Catholic Church, which is probably the most Babylonian Institution out of Christendom. They trust their priests blindly and I think that most of them probably don’t even know that the N.T. was written in Greek since the Church used to do mass in Latin due to The Vulgate.

The most popular Bible not only here but around the Hispanic Diaspora is The Reina Valera. This is the King James of Latinos and in fact it was published 42 years before The King James. I have read some of it and it seems like a really good translation. It’s accurate and it reads really well. However, it suffers from the same flaw as it’s English sibling which is that it translates Aiónios as Eternal and Gehenna as Hell. Despite that, it translates Ages of the Ages as “Siglos de los Siglos” which means “Centuries of the Centuries” which is better than eternal but it doesn’t excuse the fact that translators choose to go with a more accurate translation of Aiónios as century then in other verses choose to put eternal.

So I went through the websites Bible Hub, Bible Gateway and YouVersion Bible App to find a Spanish Bible that doesn’t translate Gehenna as hell and hopefully one that always uses the translation siglo (century) instead of eternal.

I found that the VBL (Versión Biblia Libre) in The Bible App is the only Spanish translation that I know of that never uses the word hell. It always uses Gehenna and never translates Hades, Thanatos or Tartarus as hell. It leaves the original Tartarus in Peter and translates accurately Thanatos as Death.

It does vary when translating Hades. Of the 10 times it appears, 6 times it’s left as Hades and 4 times it’s translated as: Death in Matt 16:18, “Among the Dead” in Acts 2:27, Tomb in Acts 2:31 and Sepulcher in Revelations 1:18.

Sadly, it still uses the word eternal when translating Aiónios and Forever and Ever for Ages of the Ages. Weirdly, when translating  Aiónios as eternal in Matt 25:41, they have a footnote that says “Eternal in consequence, not in duration”. So, they know that the condemnation or punishment (which Ray said should be translated as Chastisement) doesn’t last forever yet still choose to use eternal.

This is the best Spanish translation I found because even though it used the word eternal, it doesn’t contain the word Hell, which is the most disguising heresy Babylon has ever conceived and the word along with everything it represents is the epitome of blasphemy.

I wouldn’t recommend to any Spanish readers to use The Reina Velera until they have a firm confidence in The Truth because otherwise they may be swayed by the word hell. If you believe The Truth then by all means read The Reina Valera but keep in mind that when you read the word “infierno” (hell), it should either read “Gehenna, Hades or Tartarus”. Also, eternal should either be “Siglo (Century), Eón (Eon) or Era (Age).

I don’t know if any person will benefit from this but if it helps at least one person then this post has fulfilled it’s purpose.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Good Spanish Bible
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 12:38:14 PM »

Thank you for the commentary on Spanish translations.

Very interesting and helpful even for the better understanding of anglophones seeking truth.

pastor

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Good Spanish Bible
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 05:10:03 PM »

Thanks my friend,
It seems like a version I've been looking for. My only disappointment so far is, it does not translate Isa 45:7 the way it should. It substitutes the word, evil for desaster. However, it seems like a version that can improve my Spanish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.