bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: pride month  (Read 4368 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: pride month
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2022, 08:30:28 AM »

What I was wrestling with is how to confess Him before men in these times.

The law came by/through Moses.  Grace came by/through Jesus Christ.  I reckon "confessing Him" involves honoring and obeying what He said.  Following Him in His teaching and example.   Leave the rest to the lawyers and judges.  Their job is to confess Moses.

For the record, grace itself came with Jesus, not some theological concept called "grace".   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: pride month
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2022, 11:34:30 AM »

Well, it feels a little personal.

When I wrote that response to you, I was thinking about the parables of Jesus being quoted (in this thread), that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. I, personally, do not mind if you or anyone wants to vent because they are afraid of their children being negatively affected by the world. However, the Spirit warns not to follow those claiming Christ is here or there, otherwise, one of us “little ones” might stumble and sin.

As for myself, I hate the thought of my children experiencing evil, and I often wish there was some other way. Nevertheless, I know it's the best way. That doesn't mean I don't try to protect them from getting hurt. What can I do for them spiritually? That's a sincere question.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.