bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus Christ being God  (Read 862 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Jesus Christ being God
« on: June 16, 2022, 04:04:47 PM »

I was meditating on how Christ can be God and at the same time have a God, which is His Father. So I decided to formulate my thoughts in a post and if someone believes I’m mistaken in my reasoning then let me know. 

The Father existed eternally and at some point decided to begin His creation by bringing forth His Son. Christ is the beginning of The Father’s Creation and Ruler of it.

Jesus Christ learned obedience with His Father and eventually became glorified by The Father because He was pleased with Him.

The Father gave His Son everything He had. He gave Jesus all power, authority, knowledge, His Spirit, His Title, His Name and The Son became The Image of God. All that The Father has belongs to The Son and Jesus is all that His Father is. Consequently, they became One because they share everything, have the same Spirit and have The same love and character. However, The Son will always be subject to The Father because The Father delivered everything into His Hands and therefore His Father is also His God.

The Father then begins creating everything else through His Son. My idea is that The Father told Jesus what His Will was and the ability to accomplish it. He gave Him everything including the knowledge and power to create the universe, The Son was the one doing the actual creating. It came from God through Christ. Christ tell us that things are like this in His Ministry when He told His disciples that The Father was the One doing the works even though He was the one who physically put His Hands on the lepers and such. The power came from The Father but it was harnessed through Christ. 

The Father communicates to humanity through The Son. The Son is The Word or like how Ray said The Spokesperson. Therefore when Jehovah says “I am the only True God” it’s the Father talking but through His Son so both are claiming to be “The Only True God” and because they are One, it doesn’t contradict the statement. 

Ray said “God is not a name but a title and it’s reserved to The Father and His closest companions” which would obviously be His Son and he also said that God is like a family and everyone who is part of that family is God and that’s why there’s only one God because there’s only one family. However, The Father will always be The Superior in that family because He is The Patriarch and everyone else came from Him.

Since Christ is The Image of God that means that He can become visible to us men made of flesh. Moses saw Jehovah and spoke with Him and Abraham saw Him and served Him in his home but they were seeing and speaking with The Son, not The Father. Therefore, nobody has seen, heard or spoken with God even though they did interact with Jehovah multiple times. In other words, nobody has ever interacted with God The Father, they’ve only seen and heard The Son of God and that would make Him what Trinitarians refer to as God The Son, He is The Son of The Father but is God and Lord to us because He represents The Father, who alone is The Supreme Deity.

Because of all this Christ is our Lord (because He is our King and Ruler of God’s creation) and God (because He represents The Father perfectly, everything was created through Him and is called The Almighty). Therefore, when Thomas said to Him “My Lord and My God” Jesus didn’t correct but instead told him that he has believed. However, He Himself has a God and that’s The Father who is above everyone and everything and will eventually be All in All.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

indianabob

Re: Jesus Christ being God
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 11:51:28 AM »

Well said Anjel,
Thanks for sharing.
Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Jesus Christ being God
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 12:45:42 AM »

Good enough for now.  We're all doing the best we can, understanding.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.