> General Discussions

Kings and Priests. Me?

(1/3) > >>

Dynamo54:

I thought I would share some of my thoughts on the off chance others have, or will, experience something similar.

I read Revelation 5:10
“You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”

and 1 Peter 2:9
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

and I say, “Me”?

I am 67, with about 18 years of that baptized in the WWCG (1980-1998), and about 21 years in the church of You and me, Lord (1998-2019), and the last about 3 years studying through BibleTruths and Ray. I read the scriptures now and see the Truths of all Ray has preached, exposed, and identified. I SEE IT now…I KNOW it is right and true. No doubts in my mind.

I reflect back on my whole life and see NOW where without a doubt God saved my life 5 times, and multiple times where He intervened at moments where my decisions would have been catastrophic to my future. I see and KNOW I am called…but can’t put my mind around me being an elect (and that is really okay with me too as I now KNOW that all that ever lived will be in the Elohim family someday).

I say to myself “You? Get Real.” I tell myself what incredible hubris I would have to have to consider myself Elect. Me? It is not that I don’t know the scriptures about being called. I do. MANY  are called….and I know that I am one of those “many”. Then I am reminded of Ray’s Bible study where he says Christ knows those who are His…but the rub is that WE don’t. Ray said many times that if you are not going through persecution and trials then now is not your time. And that is part of my problem.

I don’t see my life NOW as persecution and trials. Oh, I have some physical and financial trials now and then. And I guess I could say there was some persecution from family and others back in my WWCG days…but nothing now that I see that would meet Ray’s bill for persecution.

Now I have considerable mental/emotional internal turmoil as I try to keep the spiritual laws and commandments of God. When I fail and start again, the failing is very stressful to me mentally. Puts me in a mental funk, a down attitude, hopeless frame of mind too. But I tell myself I am not going to give up. But I don’t know if these inner turmoils count for “the much tribulation” the elect must go through to reach being part of the Kingdom.

Now I have come to view the “Kingdom” as the government of God, and in my mind I separate being in the Kingdom from eventually being in the Family of God. Now when and if a person makes it into the Kingdom they are of course part of the Family, but I don’t see those who are not the elect (I.e. at Christ’s coming) as being in the government. I see the scriptures saying ALL will be in the Family, but only the elect will be part of the Kingdom (government).

Now it may be that my “much tribulation and persecution “ lies in the future…but that does not help me now wonder about being elect. I tell the Father that I really don’t have a desire to rule anyone. I want to help others all I can, but I have never been able to get excited (don’t know if that is the best word to use) about the part of the promise of ruling. I sure would like to eventually help others see Gods truth and help them overcome the beasts that we all are (not that I am making a tremendous amount of progress on that), but the “rule” part holds no enticement for me. That may be a wrong way for me to look at it, but that is the way it is.

So, I keep rewatching all of Ray’s videos, reread the LoF, read past questions and answers to/from Ray, and read many of the Forum postings and answers from way back to current. I do find that my “free”time is spent more and more on these activities and less on other things. I don’t intend to give up. I am of a mind of a Beach Boys song that starts “wouldn’t it be nice…”

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have some intimation that we are elect?

Dave in Tenn:
Much of what you've shared here resonates with me.  Ultimately I'm very restful leaving it all up to the Lord.  I don't want to "rule" anybody either.  I am truly terrible at it.  Not that I can't sometimes affect behavior, but I cannot change minds and hearts.  Nothing I say sticks.  Nothing I do has any deep and lasting effect...not even on myself.

BUT...I do want to make a comment that may be encouraging.  The way I read the Revelation of Jesus Christ, the ones who accuse the brethren day and night have been the ministers of Satan and their"gospel" which is no good news at all.  I sat for 30+ years sinking ever deeper into depression, confusion and loss.  If you spent all those years in the WWCOG, you WERE persecuted... you just didn't recognize it at the time...at least not always.  Same as me.  Your primary "persecutors" weren't those from outside the affiliation, they were from within it.  Same as me, though I'd never heard of the WW before I came here.  Some are in bondage and some enjoy putting others in bondage.  The Lord will sort them out.

His chosen WERE chosen from the foundation of the world.  "We've" all endured to the end of SOMETHING and been saved from SOMETHING.  I don't count that for nothing.  If nobody ever beats me up for saying Jesus, or laughs at me for faith for the rest of my life, they already have to my spirit.  And whether you agree or can understand it, they've done the same to you.

Porter:
I used to worry that I might not be chosen, but now I'm just happy to be here. :) Just knowing the incredible things that have been revealed to me is enough for me to have peace and faith in a just and good God. 

Just the fact you're here talking about the Spirit, Dynamo, gives me great confidence that God has called you into His light, so you may know Him.

The tribulation and persecution of the saints isn't always dramatic. The 'war in heaven' is an invisible war against everything in your heart and mind that is opposed to God. Satan, the accuser of the brethren, puts us in “prison” for a while where it feels like we can't do anything right because of our sins.

What Satan doesn't know is that he is actually doing us a favor. Satan, through our tribulation, was created to destroy the carnal fleshy mind. So if Satan drives out Satan, his kingdom is divided, but how will his kingdom stand? Stay faithful by doing the good spiritual works as laid out by Jesus, and you will receive a crown of life and righteousness.

All of it is good news, Dynamo.
Rom 7:23  But I see a different law in the parts of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and taking me prisoner to the law of sin in the parts of my body.
Rom 7:24  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

ralph:
I’ve become so accustomed to pain, poverty, chaos and dysfunction that if things suddenly cleared up, I fear I wouldn’t know how to enjoy or accept it. In some ways I might feel like a person, who when released from prison, is unable to adapt to normal society.  I am not complaining.  God has provided everything I need to survive and you can’t place a value on the spiritual blessings, but we are talking about tribulation and I wanted to share my experience.

With regards to the “ruling”.  I am of the same mind.  I have no desire to rule over anyone.  That is when I discovered something which may be already known here, but was a revelation to me:

I looked up the word “rule” in strong’s, specifically how it is used in the Book of Revelation.  It is the word “poimainō”.  Now this resonates with me.  This is how I picture God’s elect ruling:

The KJV translates Strong's G4165 in the following manner: feed (6x), rule (4x), feed cattle (1x).

Outline of Biblical Usage 
1. to feed, to tend a flock, keep sheep
    1. to rule, govern
        1. of rulers
        2. to furnish pasture for food
        3. to nourish
        4. to cherish one's body, to serve the body
        5. to supply the requisites for the soul's need

Dynamo54:
I like the idea of nourishing and serving others!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version