bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgive my manners:)  (Read 8572 times)

psalmsinger

Forgive my manners:)
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »

Hi Y'all,

I am slightly new here but have not introduced myself at all.  That is just not good southern manners is it? :)   Please forgive my manners while I'm trying to find out who I am and who God wants me to be. Sometimes the road is not easy to follow.  I have been down a few bumpy roads and in one of my pitstops back in the spring, I found the truth of Ray's teachings from God.

The Lord has blessed me graciously with a husband who is a believer, 3 children, 1 grand-daughter and a large extended close-knit family.  In this setting, what makes me "strange" is the church path that I have been on most of my life. I was raised Baptist and my husband was raised Methodist in the rural section of Virginia.   I disagreed with traditions of rapture and hell at an early age and have followed the leadings of what my family terms "cults" in my quest to find the truth.  I am thankful for every step that the Lord has prepared for me, especially the one that led me to His Truth that the Lord is my Savior and the Savior of the whole world.  What great news and well documented! 

Barbara Walton

prarrydog

Re: Forgive my manners:)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »

Welcome Barbara,

Glad to have you here.  I hope to see you around for years to come.  Thanks for the introduction.  For some reason I have this mental picture of Virginia being one of the most beautiful states in the U.S.  That and Oregon.  I've been to Oregon and maybe someday I will get to Virginia.  Have a good day.

With love
Scott

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »

Hi Barbara and Welcome! Looking forward to fellowshipping!

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

Hi Y'All  I really love your name tag Pslamsinger, Barbara.  I myself sing like a toad in the physical but in my head I sing all kinds of songs of praise to God.

Welcome to this fellowship. Since we are new creatures , using the "SpiritNet to communicate and fellowship doesn't seem too weird to me now. I especially like the occasional outbreaks of praise that use to pop up in the past, members would post praise scriptures in batches. I need to go find some of  those posts and cut and paste them for offline uplifters.

(Mat 18:20 KJVR) 
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
                                          :D :D :D :D :D               a smilelie choir
                                              :D :D :D               

(Psa 150:1 CLV)  Praise Yah. Praise Godl in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His powerful atmosphere.

(Psa 150:2 CLV)  Praise Him in accord with His masterful deeds; Praise Him according to His vast greatness.

(Psa 150:3 CLV)  Praise Him with the blowing of a trumpet; Praise Him with zither and harp.

(Psa 150:4 CLV)  Praise Him with tambourine and in chorus; Praise Him with lute and shepherd's pipe.
(Psa 150:5 CLV)  Praise Him with resounding cymbals; Praise Him with shouting cymbals.

(Psa 150:6 CLV)  May all that has breath praise Yah. Praise God.

It sounds like God has blessed you with a wonderful family and has been leading you to seek Truth.
Look forward to your posts.

Beloved     

Layla

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »

I always find it so uplifting to read someone acknowledging the blessings of the Lord!  You are indeed blessed!  Welcome to the forum Barbara!

Peace,
Layla

prarrydog

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
                                          :D :D :D :D :D               a smilelie choir
                                              :D :D :D               

;D ;D   LOVE IT!   ;D ;D  Can't stop laughing.

chuckusa

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 07:35:09 PM »

Hi Barbera,

There was a tv show about the Waltons back in the 70's, I think it was in Virginia...was that YOU... :) :) :)

I spent my honeymoon in Chantilley, Virginia...there and D.C., but I also drove around quite a bit. It is beautiful there.

Welcome and may God bless you in your walk.

Love,
Chuck

psalmsinger

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

Thank you Scott,  All of God's country is beautiful, I especially like the trees that surround me :)

psalmsinger

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 08:16:09 AM »

Thank you for the welcome Gena.

Beloved,  I did a study once on praise and found that the croaking of a frog is part of making a joyful noise unto the Lord.  The sound that comes from a thankful heart is the one from the spirit anyway:) I hear you and it's beautiful.  Your praise reaches to heaven for it is Truth.  Could I be in the smiley choir?? 

Barbara

psalmsinger

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 08:20:39 AM »

Layla,

There is nothing else to acknowledge but the blessings of the Lord.  What I have done with my life is not worth mentioning so the only things that matter are His blessings.  Thank you for the welcome.  Barbara

psalmsinger

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 08:24:34 AM »

Hi Chuck,
I might have known someone would remember.  The Waltons on TV was from a fictional family in Stanton or thereabouts.  Not us, though there are a lot of similarities.  Watched every show.
Goodnight, John Boy
 ;)
Barbara

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »

Welcome, Barbara.
I spend about 1 week/month in the Newport News area; the racing team I help is located there.   

mongoose

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 12:35:26 PM »

Welcome to our on-line family Barbara.

:)

mongoose

psalmsinger

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »

We live nearer the Bristol Speedway on the other side of the state.  Way out in the sticks..
Barbara

psalmsinger

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 10:02:30 PM »

Hey Bobby,
I think it was Beloved who started the smiley choir and I think it's the best thing going.  Maybe the best choir I've ever been in. I'm the one with the big mouth  ;D

Barbara

lauraathome2005

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 11:55:46 PM »

Hi Barbara,
Welcome.  May God continue to bless and guide you on His journey.  Blessings and love, Laura
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.